MV.ws member buttons

cageyJG

Aaaaand... we have our first order, from the great nation of Germany! Good show! I've recorded it and am entering it into the spreadsheet.

Hello all,I was asked if it's possible to do a different emblematic, like a pin. I looked into it, and if I made something e.g.: square, it's some additional tinkering, and I don't know if it would look good. Maybe that will work for a future product. But the three basic designs were set with round in mind. I can try to flex to accommodate some individual requests, but it gets hard. Thank you for your interest, though. I'm also thinking about adding the text "2010" as a last minute change, we'll see. KG

More backgroundHey gang,For info purposes only. I was tweaking the images just a hair last night and I think they look really good. Don't put off getting your orders in, please!The 2 1/4" buttons I thought seemed a bit small when holding up a ruler to the screen and imagining how they would come out. However, there is a lot to be said for subtlety. They're not too ostentatious, they look just right. I argued with myself about making them an inch bigger, but that added too much to the cost. The current size achieves the right balance between cost and size.The huge 4" vice V.I.P. button is awesome, and inspired by an idea from Flagler in Germany. I am calling it the "dinner plate." Given my modest photo skills, I am happy that it came out looking good. Again, the proof will be in the pudding once we see the resolution & colors after they come back from the company.From my school newspaper days, I learned that you leave a little room in the "gutter" so nothing you want on the edges gets trimmed off. The colors are bright, and I enlarged the text on all of the designs after playing back and forth between the design scale and the actual-size scale.If we have a good result this year, maybe we need to come out with some kind of pin-up calendar. (Joking) Or if we could get C&B's mug on one, maybe we could have an auction. Anyway, just some news & info today. I'll keep reminding you to get your orders made by the 16th.CageyJGO One standard button (my choice) + shipping: $6 ($7)X One huge + shipping: $7 ($8)OO Both (2) standard buttons + shipping: $9.25 ($10.25)XO One huge + one standard + shipping: $10.25 ($11.25)XOO One huge + two standard + shipping: $13.50 ($14.50)Paypal to viceroykage@hotmail.com - International prices are in parentheses

• Administrators

Just put my order in for the full set! C'mon guys! He's not selling .org buttons! ;)

Seven days leftEingefügtes BildIf you don't have a Paypal account, signing up is easy. Go to www.paypal.com and after 2-3 screens of info, you're done.

• Administrators

13 yays, 9 probablies and only 2 orders? That's why the conventions never happen either!

Thanks, FM.Gang, I hope the mystery aspect hasn't deterred you. I hoped it'd make it more appealing. I have thick skin. If something has you on the fence, please let me know and I'll send you back a PM. Someday you may see these on Antiques Roadshow and I'll be like, "Well..." Yay or nay, I appreciate your interest, everyone. Just trying to have some fun.

Two days left (after today)Ladies and gentlemen,Just two days remain to pass along your orders. Chances are I will not resurrect this effort again! With all the original interest, I really thought we'd have more purchases!If you're on the fence, go with the low risk option of only SIX DOLLARS for one! In the U.S./Canada/Mexico, $6 to viceroykage@hotmail(dot com) gets you one standard button, paid for and shipped, with part of the proceeds going back into the website. Bargain city! See a few pages back for further details.

[*]If you're only ordering one standard button today through midnight on the 16th, I will accept your request for either the "dark" design or the "pastels/festive" design. Annotate your order as such, and send an e-mail to viceroykage@hotmail.com stating your preference.

The designs came out great!

What will crrrrazy Cagey do/say today???Eingefügtes BildFolks,Remember what you're getting out of this! For your donation, you actually own something in addition to the knowledge you're helping out your Vice home. Where are all the elite members who've been around for several years? How many enthusiastic newer members? Awhile back, you were asked, "Yes/no/maybe." The responses were used to determine if we could get a bulk discount and lower the price. As it stands, we qualify for a basic discount, but I was hoping to be able to direct more money to the site with a bigger discount. Following through with things is important to me. When I put my name on something, I have something at stake: I committed and don't want to be poorly represented. I could've abandoned this project, but then I would've felt like a schlub if I didn't follow through. So if you said "Yes," well...So c'mon stragglers! Tick tock! Let's muster some oomph, and finish strong!Log on to Paypal. $6 ($7 int'l) for your basic order. :thumbsup:

Sold: 14.Donations: ~$20 (I expect this will rise a bit after taxes are applied and assuming I don't have to replace any lost in mail). We will have paid for approximately 1/2 month of server costs @ $50/month. Scratching my head...Will keep you informed on progress. Thanks to all who participated.

• 3 weeks later...

Good newsHey everyone,- The company shipped the order on the 26th and it arrived today, the 3rd. It all looks terrific. I plan to mail everything out tomorrow. Let me know if any issues.- Member C&B very generously doubled the donation amount, so we will have raised $40, almost enough for a month of server costs! In addition to this, I was able to take an additional portion of his donation and gained a few extra for random giveaways, like the one a week or so ago. Thank you, Coop!!! I am still blown away! :clap: I want to have the next one around the close of the 25th anniversary celebration (Sept.).