Revo Lookalikes

Sonny-Burnett

For anyone who'd like the look of the blue-mirrored Revos Sonny wears in Season 5 without the high price (and the genuine Revos are hard to find) here's a pretty good copy:http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Revo-type-Sunglasses-vintage-sports/dp/B000NLUZEM/ref=sr_1_13/002-5533575-0897668?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1183336268&sr=1-13I bought a pair of these before I found the Revos and these are pretty cool.

For anyone who'd like the look of the blue-mirrored Revos Sonny wears in Season 5 without the high price (and the genuine Revos are hard to find) here's a pretty good copy:http://www.amazon.com/Mirror-Revo-type-Sunglasses-vintage-sports/dp/B000NLUZEM/ref=sr_1_13/002-5533575-0897668?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1183336268&sr=1-13I bought a pair of these before I found the Revos and these are pretty cool.

Looks pretty damned close to the Revo version... I'm just happy to have my Carrera's and my Wayfarers..:rauchen:

Looks like Sonny´s Revo in "Takeover Hostile" ' date=' but is it the same version ???[/quote']Joe, no these glasses on Amazon are knock-offs of the genuine Revos, but they are a pretty close match. The Revos are model 840/001 in blue-mirror made in Italy. I have the Revos to compare and for $20 these copies are pretty good. Even have the amber bright light effect when looking through them as do the Revos.

• 1 month later...
I got those ones for 19.99 on amazon...I think they were the same. It had the same model head thingy.

• 6 months later...

They're ok for the money. Not real Ray Bans though.

Thanks, that answers my question. I might get a pair just for the heck of it. The price is right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do anyone know where I can find those Revo 840/001 lookalikes? They're no longer available on amazon, I'm kicking myself for missing this thread earlier on...Anyone find a good Persol lookalike too?

• 3 weeks later...
Do anyone know where I can find those Revo 840/001 lookalikes? They're no longer available on amazon' date=' I'm kicking myself for missing this thread earlier on...Anyone find a good Persol lookalike too?[/quote']840/001 have been discontinued since the mid-90s...I knew a marketing person at REVO back 'in the day'...if you notice there is no REVO logo on the one worn in the show, so these cheaper knockoffs are pretty close. I have a pair of 840/001, however they have Orange mirrored lens, but I got mine back in '96, and they were considered 'old stock' back then. Vintage Sunglasses (DE) have had Persols every now and then, however those most-likely are salesman samples. I would avoid the eBay 402 Persol 'Sport' models they are NOT anything close to 69218 models. Good day

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

That's about as good as all the martial artists that claim to have been "trained" with/by Bruce Lee.:rolleyes:...and did it every tell you I was a ten year old stand in for Billy, but alas, they never called me from the part! :pIt's what G. Gordon Liddy used to call Bravo Sierra.