DJ on TV

Joe

We all love him and we love it to see him on TV.I want you to list here your favourite films of this great and wonderful actor.My current favs:- Cease Fire- Born Yesterday- Tin Cup- Nash BridgesThese aren´t very much, but I work that I´ll see ALL !Espacially Cease Fire impressed me, cause its a very difficult role to play and he does a brilliant work and plays very believeable.A tip for everyone who loves Donnie´s films, except VICE.OK, now you can post !:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Joe, I love Nash Bridges the series. I have a lot of DJ's movies and have been on a marathon lately.1) I agree, Cease Fire is an important movie for Nam Vets and DJ did a brilliant job portraying Tim Murphy in this. 2) Dead Bang- I love that this is based on a real story. DJ did a wonderful job with Jerry Beck's character. As one person said in another thread on Don and beyond I think it was, love the scene where he pukes on the kid and then acts like he will do it again to get info. And like I said on that DJ seems to bring other's with him on movies and NB that were in MV. Bob Babalan (Ira Stone) was in this one. 3) Long Hot Summer- DJ is the mystery man in this one as Ben Quick. I love William Russ (Evan) in this and he was in NB's too. Cybil Shepard was so good. I just enjoyed the whole thing and had my sister in stitches when they are re-building the barn and DJ has no shirt on...sorry but that's just me.....lol4) Guilty as Sin- I watched this last weekend. Boy can he play a great bad guy with a Psychotic mind. How he manipulated women and said it was his job to live off of women. Rebecca did an excellent job in fighting back too. I've said this before but DJ's facial expressions say so much and along with words, boy, his character was off the wall. 5) The Hot Spot- I watched that last night. Again DJ portrays a man wanting to rob a bank and gets into bed, literally with the wrong woman. And then falls for Jennifer Connally. Playing Harry Matics he seemed to bounce between good and evil but more evil. Fighting and killing Sutton. He met his match and said so with Hartshaw's wife as they drive off together. She manipulated him...lolThese are just some that I've seen in the past week. Anyway, there are so many more that I just love like Sweethearts Dance, the first one of his movies I owned. That's up there but wanted to comment on the ones I watched just this week. Thanks Joe!:clap:

more of DJ moviesMagic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart: Typical low budget seventies film we have the obligatory living together, the obligatory drug scene, the obligatory pyschodelic scene, but it was kind of interesting to see DJ that young and as a college student.Harod Experiment: DJ and others in an experimental college doing a study on sexual freedom. (I have this in a stupid collection called the toga party collection) An interesting story, also for the time intersting in that roomates were guys and gals living together in a college type dorm.A Boy and his Dog: Cult hit about post WWIII where DJ's character Vic can telpathically communicate with his dog. It's survival of the fittest on the surface, but there'a a secreat undergound community that's a weird version of the America 1890's but they want Vic because he's not sterile, the men living underground are.Zachariah (1970's sometime) This is a weird movie where he and his best friend become gun slingers, but DJ then goes off and beomes a bad guy compeltely dressed in black cowboy gunfighter outfit. Really weird a western set to music?Paradise (1990) this is an intersting study of a couple DJ and Melanie who have lost a son and are not coping with it very well. Melanie's roomate in College is pregnant and going through her own troubles so she leaves her boy with Melanie, and DJ and the boy become friends and DJ is the captain of Shrimp boat.Harley Davidson and the Marbourough Man. DJ in beard and riding a bike. being chased by Tom Sizmore's thugs Mickey Rourke is in this one also. fun Romp.Ski lift to death: Not that good, but DJ's character does become a hero while trying to save people stuck in a ski lift. He's in some sort of competition.Good Bye Lover: DJ is only in this one about twenty minutes or so, but his character is the central focus on the ongoing investigation. Ellen De Genneres is interesting as a detective investigating DJ's character's brother and his wife (DJ's character's lover) played nicely by Patricia Arquette. This movie was made in 1998 while DJ was doing Nash Bridges.Just Legal TV Show: Only a few episodes: This was the one where DJ played a character named Grant Cooper. In my opinion, this show was really beginning to find itself when it got cancelled. William Rush even guest starred in an episode.

• 1 year later...

ParadiseThe Long Hot SummerZachariahHarrad ExperimentThe Hot SpotMoondance AlexanderHell, I must stop now, or I'll name almost all DJ's films I've ever seen, LOL. Just got "Cease fire", maybe I'll add it later. And of course "Vice" and "Nash"... :happy:

5) The Hot Spot- I watched that last night. Again DJ portrays a man wanting to rob a bank and gets into bed' date=' literally with the wrong woman. And then falls for Jennifer Connally. Playing Harry Matics he seemed to bounce between good and evil but more evil. Fighting and killing Sutton. He met his match and said so with Hartshaw's wife as they drive off together. She manipulated him...lol[/quote']Have to disagree - I think Harry bounced between good and evil all right, but there was a bit "too much" good and "too little" bad in him nonetheless, for a "bad guy" role he chose for himself. That's why he couldn't compete successfully with really-really bad ones, like the blonde lady and Sutton. And that's why the blonde lady was never scared of him, even when he behaved aggressively towards her (those scenes amused me a lot). Just IMHO.

The Long Hot SummerThe Hot SpotHarley Davidson and the Marlboro manTin CupGuilty as SinThese are the ones I like, in no particular order. Sadly I haven't gotten to see many others. Though I did watch Just Legal too and hoped it would get a good run, but sadly no ...I never got to see much of Nash Bridges either, I need to get to it one day.

I'm adding "Cease Fire" to my list, since I've seen it today. Maybe it's not the kind of a movie I would want to rewatch 10 times just to have some fun, if you get my drift... But very impressive, very touching and definitely worth seeing and having.

I like the whole Nash Bridges series also. It's like watching a mature Sonny Crockett & there's a lot of humor and action."Dead Bang" is a favorite.DJ does a great acting job in "Word of Honor."We don't see enough oh DJ in "Tin Cup" for me to call it a favorite.I agree with Nancy, that "Just Legal" was just getting good, then it was cut.I must see "Cease Fire." Never heard of it before! :confused:

I'm adding "Cease Fire" to my list' date=' since I've seen it today. Maybe it's not the kind of a movie I would want to rewatch 10 times just to have some fun, if you get my drift... But very impressive, very touching and definitely worth seeing and having.[/quote']Ive never seen "Cease Fire" but am adding it to my list too!Everything DJs done has been great.

Ive never seen "Cease Fire" but am adding it to my list too!Everything DJs done has been great.

I saw "Guilty As Sin" most recently. And I gotta tell you, even though I love Don Johnson, he had me wanting to jump through the screen and just, ugh!!!!But I'll admit, "Guilty As Sin" had me on the edge of my seat.

I saw "Guilty As Sin" most recently. And I gotta tell you' date=' even though I love Don Johnson, he had me wanting to jump through the screen and just, ugh!!!!But I'll admit, "Guilty As Sin" had me on the edge of my seat.[/quote']I agree, Maria, DJ can be loathsome as a bad guy... which must take lots of talent, especially considering his great looks and charm. :clap: I can't name "Guilty as Sin" as my favourite, but it was very interesting to watch DJ in such a part. I also re-watched it some days ago.

Cease Fire, Guilty as Sin, Sweet Hearts Dance, The Long Hot Summer, Paradise and Dead Bang are my favs.There, DJ can show how a brilliant actor he´s !:happy:

Haven't seen them in a long time but in Long Hot Summer and Dead Bang, DJ was very good ... sadly we haven't got the Nash Bridges series' on dvd in the UK (shame, cos they'd be top of my Xmas list!)Sue

• 2 months later...

I have to admit that DJ is a great actor with many outstanding actings, specially after MV: A Boy and His Dog, Sweet Hearts Dance, Dead Bang, Paradise, Word of Honor… but I go for some Miami Vice episodes, The Long Hot Summer and The Hot Spot, well I think they’re thorough productions, not only DJ.By the way, how have you got to see some former movies, like Cease Fire, Laf of the Land, The Rebels, Melanie, Six Pack… they’re very difficult to find.

Watched "Return to the Macon County" last week. Didn't have great expectations, but now I'm adding it to the list! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: A nice movie, very funny and also sad in a way.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...