Izzy's Assistant Manny??

ViceFanMan

Does anyone know who played Izzy's bizarre, "weirdo" driver/assistant Manny? There were several episodes he was in...but he's never credited and I can't find anything on him? :confused:Just was wondering?? He "cracked" me up with his not-quite-all-there eyes that would just stare at Izzy or Crockett and Tubbs when they asked something or yelled at him! :)If anyone knows the actors name, I'd love to know it and if he's been in anything else?

• 2 weeks later...
I know which weird person you mean.This guy appears for the first time in Bought and Paid For in Season 2.I find a picture of him here: http://www.miamivice.info/screenshots/irish08.jpgSeems to be very young' date=' but no idea were he is ?[/quote']Thanks! Yeah, he was never credited on the show that I could see or find. I guess he was just some goofy stand-in that they got to play the bit part in a few episodes. I don't think he ever had an actual line in the few episodes he was in...maybe that's why he's not actually credited? Anyway, I've never gotten anyone to answer the question of who it actually was at the "MV" sites I've been a part of in the past...I just ask it again once in a while to see if maybe someone has found it out after so long.

• Administrators

Good question but I haven't got a clue who he was. Like was said, he never had a speaking line so he was never credited. :radar:

Good question but I haven't got a clue who he was. Like was said' date=' he never had a speaking line so he was never credited. :radar:[/quote']Yeah...I wonder if he was ever in anything else, and/or what he is doing now?? :confused: Probably one of those "MV" questions that will never really be answered unless someone is miraculously able to find him after 24-25 years. ;)P.S. I'm drinking some beer right about now! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes Manny :eek: ha ha!!!! MAnny was awsome!!! he was the pimp, I think one of the funniest characters lol, He always cracked me up too...just staring or dong something he's not supouse too, shoulders up, hunged, slow movement draging legs, open mouth...he was like wondering about everything everything they said was like a rocket science lolI think the guy played perfectly this comical creature, and deserved to be credited, especially that he was in a few episodes and became like a constant background-part of Izzy's world....

Izzy and Manny these days would probably have their own comedy show lol :D

LOL! :) That would be...well, shall we say "interesting." ;) Izzy half the time annoyed the heck out of me...but Manny cracked me up. I can handle the bit parts they played in the "MV" episodes--but a whole show about nothing but Izzy and Manny would be a little over the top. But, I suppose they could do a "SNL" type of thing.

remember that episode "made for each other" at the begining when Izzy is trying to sell some "merchandise" (turns out to be aert. sweatner) and Manny is flashing light instead of at other dealers into Izzy's eyes, whe gets finally balistic cuz he can't see a thing LOL! :) ... ha ha ha That's Manny for ya! LOL! :)(Did the other guys know it was a sweatner from the begining? or did Izzy try to push it as a cocaine?)

LOL! :) That would be...well' date=' shall we say "interesting." ;) Izzy half the time annoyed the heck out of me...but Manny cracked me up. I can handle the bit parts they played in the "MV" episodes--but a whole show about nothing but Izzy and Manny would be a little over the top. But, I suppose they could do a "SNL" type of thing.[/quote']

• Administrators

I always thought of Manny as a burnt out dope head. There seemed to be a minutes lag time from the time someone told him something to the time he reacted.

• Administrators

I know which weird person you mean.This guy appears for the first time in Bought and Paid For in Season 2.

Actually Manny's first appearance is in "Whatever Works" Izzy meets Crockett at the end to get his Daytona back. Manny is driving the Caddy as Izzy's chauffeur.

remember that episode "made for each other" at the begining when Izzy is trying to sell some "merchandise" (turns out to be aert. sweatner) and Manny is flashing light instead of at other dealers into Izzy's eyes' date=' whe gets finally balistic cuz he can't see a thing LOL! :) ... ha ha ha That's Manny for ya! LOL! :) (Did the other guys know it was a sweatner from the begining? or did Izzy try to push it as a cocaine?)[/quote']Yeah, I remember the episode--my least favorite of 1st season. :eek: The part where Manny shined the light into Izzy's and the other's eyes when he wasn't supposed to was hilarious, though! :) I think everyone (except the Vice team) knew that it was artificial sweetner and not cocaine. Izzy just set the whole deal up like it was a "coke" deal--either to try and impress the Vice team, or for some other reason??
I always thought of Manny as a burnt out dope head. There seemed to be a minutes lag time from the time someone told him something to the time he reacted.
Exactly!! I think the guy definitely was a druggie or "dope head" and obviously had some trouble comprehending--and subsequently reacting right away. :D But, he was supposed to be one of the few people dumb enough or "doped" up enough to work for someone like Izzy. ;)

Actually Manny's first appearance is in "Whatever Works" Izzy meets Crockett at the end to get his Daytona back. Manny is driving the Caddy as Izzy's chauffeur.

This is true! Manny was driving Izzy's old "junker" '69 Caddy Fleetwood Limo--definitely fitting for Izzy! :D Actually though, I think Manny appears one time earlier in the episode--when Izzy first shows up and pretends to be the rich Count and tries to illegally get Crockett's Ferrari back for him--not long after that Crockett is getting angry at Izzy outside because he wants to get his car back legally. Manny is standing there next to the old Caddy and I think Crockett yells at him--something like "Get outta here!", or "Go away!" Manny just stares at him for a little bit, then walks away. :)

• Administrators
remember that episode "made for each other" at the begining when Izzy is trying to sell some "merchandise" (turns out to be aert. sweatner) and Manny is flashing light instead of at other dealers into Izzy's eyes' date=' whe gets finally balistic cuz he can't see a thing LOL! :) ... ha ha ha That's Manny for ya! LOL! :) (Did the other guys know it was a sweatner from the begining? or did Izzy try to push it as a cocaine?)[/quote']
Yeah' date=' I remember the episode--my least favorite of 1st season. :eek: The part where Manny shined the light into Izzy's and the other's eyes when he wasn't supposed to was hilarious, though! :) I think everyone (except the Vice team) knew that it was artificial sweetner and not cocaine. Izzy just set the whole deal up like it was a "coke" deal--either to try and impress the Vice team, or for some other reason??[/quote']That was season 2 gents "Bought & Paid For"

• Administrators
This is true! Manny was driving Izzy's old "junker" '69 Caddy Fleetwood Limo--definitely fitting for Izzy! :D Actually though' date=' I think Manny appears one time earlier in the episode--when Izzy first shows up and pretends to be the rich Count and tries to illegally get Crockett's Ferrari back for him--not long after that Crockett is getting angry at Izzy outside because he wants to get his car back legally. Manny is standing there next to the old Caddy and I think Crockett yells at him--something like "Get outta here!"' date=' or "Go away!" Manny just stares at him for a little bit, then walks away. :)[/quote''] Same episode.

Same episode.
Yeah' date=' it was the [u']same episode that we were talking about--"Whatever Works." I just said that I think Manny appeared in a scene earlier in the episode besides driving Izzy away at the end.
That was season 2 gents "Bought & Paid For"
Oh yeah...I think it was! I should've remembered that but I didn't exactly remember which episode had the beginning with Izzy and Manny at the "Diet Coke" deal. When VinceLombard mentioned the scene with Manny shining the light into everyone's eyes at the beginning of "Made For Each Other," I just assumed it was. I don't like that episode so I rarely watch it. But, I love "Bought and Paid For" and I should have remembered that scene from the beginning of it! ;)

I seem to remember the last time he showed up was in "Walk Alone", when he appeared to have become the drummer for an invisible Aerosmith!I always assumed that Manny was a bit of an idiot cousin in Izzy's extended family, and his extended family had asked Izzy to give Manny a job as he was useless at everything else.

I seem to remember the last time he showed up was in "Walk Alone"' date=' when he appeared to have become the drummer for an invisible Aerosmith!I always assumed that Manny was a bit of an idiot cousin in Izzy's extended family, and his extended family had asked Izzy to give Manny a job as he was useless at everything else.[/quote']LOL! :) Perhaps Manny was a family member of Izzy's...but I always just figured Izzy had found Manny somewhere along the line in his "interesting" business ventures and got him to try and be an assistant and/or chauffeur.As for the guy who played Manny appearing in "Walk Alone"--you're probably right! I do not like the typical and/or usual "prison" episode of most crime or detective shows from the 70's-90's. :rolleyes: It's always the same thing--the main star/s have to pretend to go into a prison as an inmate to either expose a corrupt prison symstem or catch a killer. Of course along the way somehow the star gets exposed and either prisoners or bad prison workers try to kill them. So, I don't usually watch "Walk Alone" much. So, I don't remember whether Manny is in it or not?? You're probably right though. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Yeah' date=' I remember the episode--my least favorite of 1st season. :eek: The part where Manny shined the light into Izzy's and the other's eyes when he wasn't supposed to was hilarious, though! :) I think everyone (except the Vice team) knew that it was artificial sweetner and not cocaine. Izzy just set the whole deal up like it was a "coke" deal--either to try and impress the Vice team, or for some other reason??Exactly!! I think the guy definitely was a druggie or "dope head" and obviously had some trouble comprehending--and subsequently reacting right away. :D But, he was supposed to be one of the few people dumb enough or "doped" up enough to work for someone like Izzy. ;)[/quote'] Yep he probably was, maybe Izzy threw him a joint as an extra bonus for good work...lolPoor Manny, with a brain of an "earthworm" and a 9 second reaction delay (if any reaction at all lol)But on the other hand he is a perfect example of an "american dream" :) lol look started from the street, first was working as a driver, a few episodes later he was carying a flashlight after Izzy, then was his "personal assistant" ..... you see he advanced thru the corporate ladder like a lightning..... lol(who knows, maybe later he even went to college??? lol) :p

Yep he probably was' date=' maybe Izzy threw him a joint as an extra bonus for good work...lolPoor Manny, with a brain of an "earthworm" and a 9 second reaction delay (if any reaction at all lol)But on the other hand he is a perfect example of an "american dream" :) lol look started from the street, first was working as a driver, a few episodes later he was carying a flashlight after Izzy, then was his "personal assistant" ..... you see he advanced thru the corporate ladder like a lightning..... lol(who knows, maybe later he even went to college??? lol) :p[/quote']LOL!!!:D Oh yeah, Manny really "worked"--or should I say "smoked" his way up that corporate/Izzy ladder! :rolleyes: Just looking in those eyes :glossy: and you can see total..."potential!" :p

I seem to remember the last time he showed up was in "Walk Alone"' date=' when he appeared to have become the drummer for an invisible Aerosmith!I always assumed that Manny was a bit of an idiot cousin in Izzy's extended family, and his extended family had asked Izzy to give Manny a job as he was useless at everything else.[/quote']Manny was in THE BIG THAW from season 4.

Manny was in THE BIG THAW from season 4.

LOL!! :D Aww man, you beat me to it! :p Ironically enough I was watching "The Big Thaw" last night and was going to come back here and state that Manny appeared after "Walk Alone"...but you got it! :thumbsup:To be honest, I don't remember all the episodes Manny appeared in...I'm just going through the series again and watching as I go.

Manny was in THE BIG THAW from season 4.

Actually that's right yeah. I'd forgotten. Thanks C+B!What made me laugh was in "Whatever works", where Crockett shouts to Manny "Get outta here", and his response is to just move about three feet further back.

So how many episodes does Manny actually appear in...? hmmmPs. the rummor has it that after Calderon's death, Manny took over his empire ;D lol