Izzy's Assistant Manny??

ViceFanMan

Actually that's right yeah. I'd forgotten. Thanks C+B!What made me laugh was in "Whatever works"' date=' where Crockett shouts to Manny "Get outta here", and his response is to just move about three feet further back.[/quote']Actually, Manny's first response after Crockett yelled at him was to just stare at him! :) Then he finally moves back a little. But, that was one of the funniest scenes with Manny! :D "Whatever Works" was Manny's first appearance as Izzy's chauffeur/assistant--driving Izz around in his junker '69 Caddy Fleetwood Limo. I wonder if Manny could read or comprehend road signs? :eek::p
So how many episodes does Manny actually appear in...? hmmm Ps. the rummor has it that after Calderon's death' date=' Manny took over his empire ;D lol[/quote']:eek::rolleyes: Manny could barely function let alone run a drug empire! :) That would be funny though...maybe he was pretending and was really intelligent, learning the "ropes" while hanging with Izzy?? :p

:eek::rolleyes: Manny could barely function let alone run a drug empire! :) That would be funny though...maybe he was pretending and was really intelligent' date=' learning the "ropes" while hanging with Izzy?? :p[/quote']Knowing how Vice liked it's twists, it wouldn't have been surprising if by Season 5, Crockett and Tubbs had walked into OCB, only to be summoned by Castillo into his office, standing with Manny who was wearing a Visitors badge, who then flashed his shield and announced "Miguel Estevez: Extortion and racketeeting... we've been on to this Moreno guy for years!".

oh that would be so awsome and funny.....Many was a secret agent, in real life speaks 7 languages, has 2 degrees, phd in criminal justice etc...lol:eek: :rolleyes: Manny could barely function let alone run a drug empire! :) That would be funny though...maybe he was pretending and was really intelligent, learning the "ropes" while hanging with Izzy?? :p

Or this one-yes, Manny really was very inteligent and wanted to learn about how everything works in Miami, in the next season 6 or reunion, Crockett and Tubbs learn that

Knowing how Vice liked it's twists' date=' it wouldn't have been surprising if by Season 5, Crockett and Tubbs had walked into OCB, only to be summoned by Castillo into his office, standing with Manny who was wearing a Visitors badge, who then flashed his shield and announced "Miguel Estevez: Extortion and racketeeting... we've been on to this Moreno guy for years!".[/quote']
oh that would be so awsome and funny.....Many was a secret agent' date=' in real life speaks 7 languages, has 2 degrees, phd in criminal justice etc...lol Or this one-yes, Manny really was very inteligent and wanted to learn about how everything works in Miami, in the next season 6 or reunion, Crockett and Tubbs learn that[/quote'] LOL!! :D All of this would be great...but the best one would be in the very last episode Castillo wouldn't let Crockett and Tubbs quit because come to find out...Izzy's assistant Manny was really Orlando, Jr. and Angelina Calderone's other half brother--Manuel Calderone...and now he was out to kill Crockett and Tubbs. So, once again the "Calderone Saga" continues--leaving us hanging and open for a possible reunion someday! :p

The beginning episode of the six season was going to be –Crockett and tubs come back to the force, after their brief retirement where they found out it’s not time yet and they miss the job –well they find out that Lombard is dead, so is Mosca, Guilini, Calderon’s all relatives, and that all the merchandise and shares of miami’s underground are managed now by Manny –who while working for Izzy was slowly finishing off the competition night by night when Izzy thought he was just taking a night off.Izzy is now Manny’s lackey but it Crockett and Tubbs have hard time getting on his case since Manny’s underground activities go unnoticed….since Lt. Castillo struggles with internal conflict to be able to arrest ……his long lost son…Manny……..Don’t miss the six season folks ;D lol(It start's looking more like latin soap opera lol)

other half brother--Manuel Calderone...and now he was out to kill Crockett and Tubbs. So, once again the "Calderone Saga" continues--leaving us hanging and open for a possible reunion someday! :p

hmmm now to think about it he could be -calderon was smart and kept Manny as a perfect spy and clear from the danger since nobody suspected him...and one day Manny unleashes his crime genious and storms against all the other mobsters in his white wifebeater and his caddy (with Izzy in the back screaming -Manny you're crazy!!!) ....

Manny has to be a Calderone in some way! The show started with a Calderone...and it must end with one! ;) Since we never knew what happened to Tubbs' and Angelina's baby son (when Orlando, Jr. had him taken away before he killed Angelina), maybe a reunion movie could have Crockett and Tubbs called back to the unit by Castillo when come to find out Manny (who was as I said, another half-brother to Angelina and Orlando, Jr.) was really Manuel Calderone and had secretly kept and raised Tubbs' baby this whole time. Now, much to Tubbs' dismay Manny and Izzy are grooming "Baby Tubbs" (now 24) to take over the Calderone Family crime business. :rolleyes::p

Manny has to be a Calderone in some way! The show started with a Calderone...and it must end with one! ;) Since we never knew what happened to Tubbs' and Angelina's baby son (when Orlando' date=' Jr. had him taken away before he killed Angelina), maybe a reunion movie could have Crockett and Tubbs called back to the unit by Castillo when come to find out Manny (who was as I said, another half-brother to Angelina and Orlando, Jr.) was really Manuel Calderone and had secretly kept and raised Tubbs' baby this whole time. Now, much to Tubbs' dismay Manny and Izzy are grooming "Baby Tubbs" (now 24) to take over the Calderone Family crime business. :rolleyes::p[/quote'] What is it??? Timon and Pumba raising a little lion king??? lol ha ha ha :D Manny and Izzy are grooming "Baby Tubbs" (now 24) to take over the Calderone Family crime business:D:D:D "baby Tubbs" lol with Calderone's face he he he That's awsome! I must say that's quite a twist!!! better than the "french" one lolPs. I couldn't believe my eyes today -I saw Many actually talking and flirting with hot chica.... I'm watching the Cows of October.. (yeah I know ...hey nothing better was on TV ok! lol) and there is the scene where Switek comes to see Izzy, who is selling "whips" (?) and is trying to charm some hot latina, then he goes to talk to Switek and tells Manny to take care of the lady....You can see them in the background as many is walking away with her, talking, smiling to each other, laughing at something....she is having a good time...I had no idea that good old Manny was such a wiz with the ladies??? :balloon:.... lol (ofcourse in his good old wife-beater never washed lol)

What is it??? Timon and Pumba raising a little lion king??? lol ha ha ha :D Manny and Izzy are grooming "Baby Tubbs" (now 24) to take over the Calderone Family crime business:D:D:D "baby Tubbs" lol with Calderone's face he he he That's awsome! I must say that's quite a twist!!! better than the "french" one lolPs. I couldn't believe my eyes today -I saw Many actually talking and flirting with hot chica.... I'm watching the Cows of October.. (yeah I know ...hey nothing better was on TV ok! lol) and there is the scene where Switek comes to see Izzy' date=' who is selling "whips" (?) and is trying to charm some hot latina, then he goes to talk to Switek and tells Manny to take care of the lady....You can see them in the background as many is walking away with her, talking, smiling to each other, laughing at something....she is having a good time...I had no idea that good old Manny was such a wiz with the ladies??? :balloon:.... lol (ofcourse in his good old wife-beater never washed lol)[/quote']Man...I'll have to go back and watch "Cows" again. I don't like that episode so I rarely watch it, therefore I don't really remember Manny talking with the chick?? However, I do remember Izzy selling the whips! LOL! :)The girl was probably drunk or high when being with Manny--or perhaps blind! ;):p:D

Or all the above lol :D

LOL...we forgot just plain stupid!!:D Izzy probably found her the same place he picked up Manny! :p

Manny was in THE BIG THAW from season 4.

last time Manny showed up was in "Too much, too late" when Izzy pulled his financial planning dancing school on the beach.

last time Manny showed up was in "Too much' date=' too late" when Izzy pulled his financial planning dancing school on the beach.[/quote']So Manny even had a part in the actual last episode aired, LOL! :) I'm telling 'ya, Manny is not what he seems--he's really this intricate drug lord that operates under the guise of a complete moron. :p

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm not the only one who has dreamed up various possiblities about Manny's true purpose.LOL!I like the one about him being the last living Calderone, hiding in plain sight as Izzy's flunky.

• 7 months later...

In order to find out who the actor is who played Manny, has anyone thought to play the end credits of all the episodes he was in, and record all the names of the actors at the end credits to see if a single name keeps poping up?

In order to find out who the actor is who played Manny' date=' has anyone thought to play the end credits of all the episodes he was in, and record all the names of the actors at the end credits to see if a single name keeps poping up?[/quote']Yes, in the past I've watched for his name at the end of each episode I saw he was in...and I've never seen it. I think since he never really had that many (if any) speaking parts, and he wasn't in that many episodes, that he probably was uncredited. But I would think his name would've had to have been on file somewhere?? :confused:

• Administrators

It was my understanding that actors without speaking parts fell into a different category and Manny never spoke. Another "unknown" actor was the big bald guy with the cigar who may have said a few words at Sonny's engagement party. We could never find his name either.

Ferrariman has said it all. As Manny had no speaking role, the actor was never credited in the end-titles. (BTW: an actor only gets his SAG - screen actors guild - card if he has an speaking role, otherwise you´re an extra)Funny enough there were some guest stars who had speaking roles but were not credited either, like Lee Iacocca in "Sons and Lovers"

It was my understanding that actors without speaking parts fell into a different category and Manny never spoke. Another "unknown" actor was the big bald guy with the cigar who may have said a few words at Sonny's engagement party. We could never find his name either.

Yeah, I think Manny might have said like one word in an episode or two...but other than that I don't remember him speaking. So, he probably fell into an "uncredited/extra" category. However, I would think his name would have been on file somewhere...as he sort of was a "regular" (speaking or not) with Izzy. I just wish we could find out who he was...to me it would be interesting to find out what ever happened to him, as he seems to be one of those quirky little "Vice" mysteries yet to be solved. ;)

Yeah' date=' I think Manny might have said like one word in an episode or two...but other than that I don't remember him speaking. So, he probably fell into an "uncredited/extra" category. However, I would think his name would have been on file somewhere...as he sort of was a "regular" (speaking or not) with Izzy. I just wish we could find out who he was...to me it would be interesting to find out what ever happened to him, as he seems to be one of those quirky little "Vice" mysteries yet to be solved. ;)[/quote']Manny never spoke.HEY! Why not ask the stars themselves? ...http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15317-Meeting-the-quot-FAB-FOUR-quot/page2(Here's what I wrote.)Question for all the stars:Do you, or do you know anyone who can tell us what the name of the actor (who didn't have a speaking part) who played IZZY's sidekick, Manny? He is not credited in the show. He was in several episodes, and sometimes drove Izzy around. Can you tell us anything about him? Anything at all?

• 6 months later...

Could someone actually try listing all the episodes he appeared in? I'm trying to make a Manny article on the Miami Vice Wiki, but I can only remember a few episodes featuring him off the top of my head. Be great if someone could stick up some info!

i find it curious that we haven't found out the names of these actors(bald guy at OCB and Manny). we have so much information, insight and knowledge about the show here. we have covered almost every corner of the "Miami Vice" world. and still, we can't figure out the actors who played two SOMEWHAT prominent characters. i mean, the bald guy was in every single episode if i recall correctly, and Manny was pretty unforgettable character, at least for us true miami vice fans. mind boggling to say the least.

It'll probably take someone who was actually involved with the show back then (and can remember), or someone checking into old actor lists for the show back then...don't know where that would be but someone should know how to really find out who Manny was.