My Vice gun collection question for the members...

kokopelli

Hey pals,I'm obsessed with the guns and I think I may need an intervention! :eek:So far I have the Sig P220 Euro model plus the Detonics Pocket 9 backup from 'Brother's Keeper'; S&W 645 and 4506 and the Detonics Combat Master .45 backup, as well as the S&W 6906 backup from Season 5. While the 'Big One' -the Bren Ten is missing from my collection right now, it is on order (if it ever gets made!) from Vltor. Now my question: Should I now pursue the two "Burnett" guns? -Sig p220 two tone w/ custom rounded trigger guard and S&W 4506 custom two tone? Both would require finding the model and having the refinishing done + the Sig's rounding the guard off... then there's the chromed revolver he used in the boat that I'm not even counting nor have an interest in owning! (what was the revolver? I thought I read it somewhere here...)Or am I just nuts? Should I stop where I'm at with the Crockett guns?(Then there's the possibility that the Vltor Brens never materialize, then I'd be looking at paying BIG bucks for an original)Eingefügtes Bild

You could always pop for an EAA Witness in 10mm to tide you over until the Vltor Bren 10 is released (if ever). The dimensions of the EAA and the Vltor will be nearly spot on and the Witness is actually a halfway decent gun.

Ya I am a gun nut err... enthusiast myself. I don't collect Vice guns but have a pretty good collecton of Allied and German WWII weapons. Even more important than buying another gun is making sure what you have is secure. If you don't have one already buy a good quality heavy gun safe. I've had pistols stolen and it's a terrible feeling.

I think you should only add pistols that interest you. Crockett even used a Glock, but I don't really have an interest in those. I'm still hoping we will see the Bren by the end of the year. Currently Brens are going for over $2,000 on GunBroker and I think it's to much unless you really want one. I don't remember a two tone 4506, but I do remember a two tone Sig when Sonny went bad.

Even more important than buying another gun is making sure what you have is secure. If you don't have one already buy a good quality heavy gun safe. I've had pistols stolen and it's a terrible feeling.
Oh yeah- they're in a safe; first thing I bought long ago.
I don't remember a two tone 4506' date=' but I do remember a two tone Sig when Sonny went bad. [/quote']Yep- check out my "Burnett's Sig 220" post, one down. He used a S&W two tone 4506 at the beginning, during the birthday party, then it shows up again in the lighthouse w/ the meeting w/ Tubbs. Why they switched between the two I have no idea. He actually fires both of these as well.

• Administrators
I think you should only add pistols that interest you. Crockett even used a Glock' date=' but I don't really have an interest in those. I'm still hoping we will see the Bren by the end of the year. Currently Brens are going for over $2,000 on GunBroker and I think it's to much unless you really want one. I don't remember a two tone 4506, but I do remember a two tone Sig when Sonny went bad.[/quote']When did he use a Glock? I missed that one.

Go For It....There are lots of good plating resources that can hard-chrome your slides, or frames to many different tones. Sometimes that will even tighten up the overall lockup....

When did he use a Glock? I missed that one.

In Cuba Libre after Slade, the CIA Agent, identifies Sonny as being a cop, Sonny wrecks the van and escapes. Later while the rebels are searching for Sonny, Sonny disarms one of them and takes his Glock and uses it in the rest of the episode.

I think you should only add pistols that interest you. Crockett even used a Glock' date=' but I don't really have an interest in those. I'm still hoping we will see the Bren by the end of the year. Currently Brens are going for over $2,000 on GunBroker and I think it's to much unless you really want one. I don't remember a two tone 4506, but I do remember a two tone Sig when Sonny went bad.[/quote'] I loathe the Glock!! (I am forced to carry one daily)

• Administrators

Which one do you carry?I have a 23 in .40 and I love mine but as they say...

I loathe the Glock!! (I am forced to carry one daily)

Me too. My former employer is rumored to be going Glock after the Parole Officers have gone Glock 19. I'm so glad to be retired. Most of the Correctional Officers can't shoot even thought they think they can and can't keep their finger off the trigger. I consider them to be unsafe for poorly trained staff. Me I hate the grip angle and the mussy trigger.

Which one do you carry?I have a 23 in .40 and I love mine but as they say...

23 too. We're issued 22's but as a Detective I can carry the 23 or 27 but I had to buy it myself.

Me I hate the grip angle and the mussy trigger.

that, plus for me: I don't like plastic guns; I train enough/am smart enough to use/work/appreciate a manual safety; I don't like striker fire and no second strike capability; frankly i hate the .40 s&w round as well! Oh well, at least I can clean it it the dishwasher w/ the rest of the Tupperware!

The 17 he uses is nowehere near as bad as the shortgripped, shortbarreld 19 and 23 which suck shotability wise, the 17 is actually a good gun to shoot with a nice grip angle and barrel length, hey theres a reason why that was the first mass production pistol glock madeI really enjoy shooting it, Although the one I use at the range is a first gen austrian 1988 17L glock longlside not a regular 17 with a very nice single action esq triger. Sort of like this one without the fingergroves and the rougher finish of the first gensEingefügtes Bild

Ok, I'm on the way w/ the "Burnett" Sig! I won this off Gunbroker and it will serve as the donor:Eingefügtes BildOf course those beautiful wood grips will be saved for another 220. I've got a line on the black plastic grips to replace them.

Good find on GunBroker. I looked at some Sigs on there today, but a dental implant is taking up all my funds. I did watch the first two episodes of Season 5 today and Mirror Image of Season's 4 last episode. In both Hostile Takeover and Redemption In Blood when Bad Sonny is shooting his pistol it might not be a Sig as you are correct about it not having a hooked trigger guard and Sonny's Sig doesn't seem to have a hooked trigger guard in scenes where he's just pointing it and once on my DVD Pause I saw a slide stop like a 4506 with a blued slide at the lighthouse. It's possibe the Sig used was a custom Sig with the rounded trigger guard and nicked frame and had not been converted to fire blanks so the prop people blued the 4506 frame for the scene where Sonny/DJ was shooting. I'd sure like to know the story behind the custom Sig and whose pistol it really was, but I guess we'll never know.

• Administrators

ATF might have some problems with a sawed off shot gun or an M-16 in full auto. You could do the M-16 in full auto with the right paperwork from them but the sawed off shot gun might be a tough one get legally.

Maybe it was Michael Mann's personal gun' date=' he did have de niro character in Heat use one[/quote'] Maybe. Tubbs/Jamie Fox also used a Sig 220 in the movie Miami Vice. DJ was the Director of some of the episodes so maybe it was his. I'm sure we'll never know.

He does fire the Sig, though! He fires it first at the drug deal where the guy sneaks out of the trunk on them; then he uses it in the car to kill the bad bad man in the driver's seat as he pulls out his .38 snubby, trying to get the drop on Sonny. Then when he comes out of Celeste's room at the compound, he uses it to shoot the assassin Cliff hired that shot Junior into the fountain. Then, when 'Crockett' is back and everyone takes down Cliff and the gang, the S&W is back. There are some really good views of it when Crockett shoots the bad guy fighting Tubbs. I'd put screen grabs up, but darn it if I haven't tried 3 different programs, and I can't get any of them to work on computer!!

Off topic: Timm, I hear ya. I don't know my way around rifles very well. What I usually call "M-16" is probably really an M-4 carbine, or any of the semi-auto impostors I see around here. As far as the shotgun goes, I have been seeing stockless shotguns for sale at our shooting range... I know very little on any legalities, I just know full-auto can get you locked up tight, and somehow some kind of paintball guns??? are now being called threats by somebody or other for that reason.