My Vice gun collection question for the members...

kokopelli

Well, I have the AR15- the semi-auto version of the M16 which is a full auto machine gun. As far as the sawed -off, it can be done legally two ways, either made into one, which makes it an SBS, a Short Barreled Shotgun which requires a $200 tax stamp or buy one manufactured as one from the begining, in which it is an AOW, Any Other Weapon, and a $5 tax stamp. Five versus two hundred? Yep- but the AOW will cost you around $800 bucks, so it evens out.The Burnett SIG donor has been prepped, and is in the operating room as we speak!It has been disassembled, and it's trigger guard 'nub' has been amputated. A final finish with a hand file to match the radius all it needs, then it's off for refinishing. I'm thinking an electroless nickle finish or a hard chrome is what I'll go with to match up to what we see on screen.Eingefügtes Bild

SBS, a Short Barreled Shotgun which requires a $200 tax stamp or buy one manufactured as one from the begining, in which it is an AOW, Any Other Weapon, and a $5 tax stamp. Five versus two hundred? Yep- but the AOW will cost you around $800 bucks, so it evens out.The Burnett SIG donor has been prepped, and is in the operating room as we speak!It has been disassembled, and it's trigger guard 'nub' has been amputated. A final finish with a hand file to match the radius all it needs, then it's off for refinishing. I'm thinking an electroless nickle finish or a hard chrome is what I'll go with to match up to what we see on screen.Eingefügtes Bild

I would go Electroless Nickel as I believe Sig used that finish on their plated Sigs and I don't think hard chrome can be applied to aluminum directly. Good Lucky with your progress and please post pictures when it's done.

• 2 months later...
Eingefügtes BildBack from the hard chromer and ready to assemble! I'll try to get it together this weekend. Oh, it's Mahovsky's Metalife- they do a coating in nickle, then the SSChromium M. Awesome!!

• 4 months later...

ATF might have some problems with a sawed off shot gun or an M-16 in full auto. You could do the M-16 in full auto with the right paperwork from them but the sawed off shot gun might be a tough one get legally.

Both full auto firearms and sawed off shotguns also known as short barrel shotguns are legal in many states in the USA. You can even make your own after filing out the proper forms and paying the ATF $200 for a NFA tax stamp. I wish this thread had the pictures intact

Both full auto firearms and sawed off shotguns also known as short barrel shotguns are legal in many states in the USA. You can even make your own after filing out the proper forms and paying the ATF $200 for a NFA tax stamp. I wish this thread had the pictures intact

I've been told by three gun shop owners that you can purchase full auto weapons in Fla with a county sheriff's aproval or you can start your own company and buy them as demos. Either way is expensive. Haven't found a Mac10 for less than 6 grand. Off-brands/types are slightly less but for better known weapon types such as AKs, Uzis etc you will pay more than 6 grand up front to the dealer. I know of two ranges that have special auto firing days at least twice a year. They are fun and loaded with people firing everything from a mini-gun to 30 cal vehicle mounted WWII weapons. Don't know about sawed off shotguns. Anyone with specific info about the Fla situation, please post.

• 1 month later...

Maybe consider a Glock 20, 10 mm?

I think you should only add pistols that interest you. Crockett even used a Glock' date=' but I don't really have an interest in those. I'm still hoping we will see the Bren by the end of the year. Currently Brens are going for over $2,000 on GunBroker and I think it's to much unless you really want one. I don't remember a two tone 4506, but I do remember a two tone Sig when Sonny went bad.[/quote'] I was driving by DFW gunrange, in Dallas, TX. I was curious about the Glock 20, in 10 mm, how it compared to the Glock 21, in .45 ACP, which I do have.They have a used Glock 20, for sale, for $555.00. I was very tempted to buy it, it was in very good condition. When I was talking with one of the sales clerks, he told me the 10 mm is great for serious stopping power, and is used many by hunters as back up firearms, when they go bear hunting.He advised me that 10 mm ammo is extremely expensive, and has a higher kick than what people like.I am still tempted to own one, maybe it won't go to the range as often.

• Administrators

...I wish this thread had the pictures intact

That's what happens when members don't link the pics to our photo gallery. If they use Photobuck or another third party site and then leave and delete their pics, it screws up the continuity of the threads. :evil:

• Administrators
I've been told by three gun shop owners that you can purchase full auto weapons in Fla with a county sheriff's aproval or you can start your own company and buy them as demos. Either way is expensive. Haven't found a Mac10 for less than 6 grand. Off-brands/types are slightly less but for better known weapon types such as AKs' date=' Uzis etc you will pay more than 6 grand up front to the dealer. I know of two ranges that have special auto firing days at least twice a year. They are fun and loaded with people firing everything from a mini-gun to 30 cal vehicle mounted WWII weapons. Don't know about sawed off shotguns. Anyone with specific info about the Fla situation, please post.[/quote']Knight Shooting Range in my area has some full autos you can rent. Never did as the ammo and rental is expensive but maybe one day.As far as buying full auto, I'm sure you need to go through ATF for those. At least that's what I've always read.Jim, ever read Gutmacher's book "Florida Firearms, Law Use & Ownership"? Excellent book for Fl CWP. It is now in it's seventh edition. Well worth the 37 bucks for anyone in Fl with a CWP. Also his blog is good info too.Click ---> here

I live in Texas, and laws are very liberal with gun ownership but this is what I knowI was very serious about owning a full auto mac 10.In Texas, unless the laws have changed, and they probably have, this is my understanding:Option one: Incorporate yourself, you pay all necessary tax stamps, and you can get a full auto this way.Option two: Get a constable to sign off on the paperwork, you pay all necessary tax stamps, and you can get a full auto that way.The previous answer basically addressed what I explained here, just in another way.Here is a link that might answer the question: http://www.autoweapons.com/pagelinks/buyandsell.htmlLastly, you can pick up a full auto mac 10 between the $3000 to $4600.00. Here is the link as well: http://www.impactguns.com/store/machineguns.htmlOn a separate note, the major cost of the machine pistol is the consumption of ammo. At 600 rounds a minute, it is a very expensive habit.Anyway, I hope this helped.

• 3 months later...
In Cuba Libre after Slade' date=' the CIA Agent, identifies Sonny as being a cop, Sonny wrecks the van and escapes. Later while the rebels are searching for Sonny, Sonny disarms one of them and takes his Glock and uses it in the rest of the episode.[/quote'] Can anyone tell me what kind of Glock he uses?

here

Thanks Timm and Jama555- good info. Where is the knight shooting range? There is a Knight Trail Park Range in Sarasota but they don't allow full auto.

Can anyone tell me what kind of Glock he uses?

Good reply about the Glock 17. The 9 mm was one of the first Glocks to make it to the public. 9 mm is popular with the military and police in Europe. You can load your full auto pistol and your semi auto pistol with the same ammo, and carry the same cleaning kit, plus minor repair kit, as well.

• Administrators
Thanks Timm and Jama555- good info. Where is the knight shooting range? There is a Knight Trail Park Range in Sarasota but they don't allow full auto.
Jim' date=' try this.Click ---> here