Quantum Leap fans?

Lar

So, I had heard about and read about this show for quite awhile, and really wanted to see it; the premise is right up my alley. Well, it's finally back on TV, Ion Television has been running QL, starting a few weeks back.And, I've not been disappointed. This show is seriously good. Exciting, original, captivating, touching, and very moralistic. A far cry from most of the dreck on TV nowdays, that's for sure.

Quantum Leap is a great show. I used to watch it at 2am in the morning after the Twilight Zone on SciFi a couple of years ago, and I recorded a couple of the 8 hour marthons that SciFi used to run during the daytime. While it was a 90's show, it reminded me of an 80's show: a good premise with some wacky execution. What was up with Al always banging on that multicolored device? My favorite episodes were the Trilogy episodes in which Sam learns he has a daughter. The B*geym*n episode is pretty creepy and well done (note that I have not spelled out the name of the episode since it is supposedly cursed). There were many other good episodes. And didn't Sam have the greatest yet corniest catchphrase: "Oh boy!"? I probably would have gotten the episodes on DVD, but I heard that some of the music was replaced from the original series. I guess it's not something huge for Quantum Leap. At the same time, I am grateful that Universal ponied up to get MV with all of the original music intact.

I've heard that about the DVDs, too. Which is too bad, because even though Ion isn't that far into the show's run, music has played a very noticeable part of the series so far. It goes a LONG way towards setting the various time periods. Maybe I should start taping these as well. Don't get me wrong, it's not as essential an element as it is in MV, but still, I prefer watching things as they originally aired. There were entire episodes on the Hunter S1 DVD set ruined by the replaced music.

Lots of fun, that's for sure. I wish they had made the episode where he jumps into the body of Thomas Magnum!

And stalked by one of the Golden Girls?I agree, now that would be funny! Okay, I'm not quite right, and I finally admit it. Tell LMD. She will be shocked, as soon as she gets back in her chair. :p

Miami Quantuum leapSomeone here please tell me which episode of QL was filmed in Miami?I remember seeing an ep that showed the Gayety Burlesque on Collins & 20th Street. In this leap Sam becomes either a stripper or a stripper's boyfriend. That's as much as I recall of the episode...

Lots of fun' date=' that's for sure. I wish they had made the episode where he jumps into the body of Thomas Magnum![/quote']That leap would have been a jump over the shark, for sure.

How about that Quantum Leap theme song? It was something that surely came out of the 80's: memorable and pretty corny. The opening that went with the theme song was also pretty wacky: Sam getting punched, Sam dressed as a lady, Dean Stockwell mugging in every single shot.

I haven't seen this show in years. You all get channels I don't. Ion? Never heard of it and WGN for Nash, don't have that either. Our channels are four letters..lol..I love the supernatural and Science fiction. This show hooked me when it first came on. Sam and It's been so long can't remember Dean's characters name. I remember Ziggy as the hand held computer telling why Sam has leaped into other people. Slowly telling him what he is supposed to do.....I never saw all of them for some reason, but that was when it first aired. I just felt sorry for him not being able to remember his own face, looking in the mirror and seeing other faces including women. It was very well done, good story lines and the Science of leaping floored me. I was hooked and would still watch it if I got the show........

Whenever I go back to NYC, I only get free TV. And amongst those 17 free channels, I get 3 Spanish channels, one Korean/Christian channel, and 3 PBS channels. I also happen to get Ion on channel 31. It's not a bad channel, though I still don't really get its content. On weeknights, it shows sitcoms like Growing Pains and the Wonder Years. At late night, they have some sort of weird show featuring popular and viral commercials. On weekends, I have seen some weird English movies that I have never heard of. I actually thought Ion was separate from Paxnet, but I'm not surprised that they are still of the same company.But Channel 31 has had a weird history of its own. - Before it became Ion, it was Paxnet and had lots of Christian influence in its programming. - Before Paxnet, it was some weird independent channel that featured Bloomberg Financial News during the daytime, but I forgot what they had at night or on weekends. - Before that, it was the up and coming S+, whose tagline was "Sports, Money, and oh yeah, Life". It had Knick and Ranger games, financial programming during the daytime. It was considered to be pretty edgy by me, but I was only 10 or so when it was around. I believe that ITT created it when they still owned Madison Square Garden. - Before that, it was the Classic Sports Network. It showed old baseball, football, hockey, and basketball games, other sports, and for some reason, oldtime Home Run Derby with old baseball stars like Ernie Banks. The network was bought by ESPN and has become ESPN Classic. I remember when WPIX Channel 11 here in NYC became the WB 11, and has now become CW 11. But it never really fundamentally changed as much as the independent channels have.Anyway, back on topic. By the way, Lar, when is Quantum Leap shown during on Ion?

Yeah, Dchan, channel 11 has changed a few times. I've heard of PAX tv, Lar, but I have to see if it's included in my cable package. PITA that is what I use to nicely say Pain In The A$$ for anything but in this case it's my cable company.....And looking forward to see when this airs and I'll check on the PAX channel..thanks, Lar.

Ok. I checked Ion's site, and the schedule says it airs at 9pm from Mondays to Wednesdays. There's a very good chance that Quantum Leap is only being syndicated for a limited time, seeing as Growing Pains and The Wonder Years have disappeared from the schedule completely.

That leap would have been a jump over the shark' date=' for sure.[/quote']There was actually a thread about this on .org...apparently they were all set to go on the episode but pulled the plug for some reason. After all, they were both Don Bellasario shows and Magnum had already crossed over with Simon and Simon and Murder she wrote..It might have been pushing things a wee bit though..

There was actually a thread about this on .org...apparently they were all set to go on the episode but pulled the plug for some reason. After all' date=' they were both Don Bellasario shows and Magnum had already crossed over with Simon and Simon and Murder she wrote..It might have been pushing things a wee bit though..[/quote']Don't get me wrong. When I mean "that leap would have been a jump over the shark", I don't mean that it would have never happened. This was the 80's and early 90's, when crossing over and spinning off was in vogue. But for the most part, these moves tend to be mistakes. So I just thought it was a bad idea, not that it was not doable.

Ok. I checked Ion's site' date=' and the schedule says it airs at 9pm from Mondays to Wednesdays. There's a very good chance that Quantum Leap is only being syndicated for a limited time, seeing as Growing Pains and The Wonder Years have disappeared from the schedule completely.[/quote']I think I'll tape a few episodes then, if for no other reason than to have the original music.As for the Magnum crossover, here's the Wikipedia link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Leap_%28TV_series%29#Magnum.2C_P.I._connection