I´m so excited!

Christine

Today I received very exciting news I want to share with you!Some months ago I wrote a thriller and when it was finished I asked myself how to go on with it now. I decided to contact an literature agent. In the internet, I found the address of an agent in Berlin. I wrote a mail to her and she showed her interest. She asked me for an exposé and the first 30 pages of the thriller. But she told me to be patient because it could take about six or eight weeks until she answered.Four weeks later, I received a mail from her. She asked me to send the whole manuscript to her... and to be patient again.Today, I received another mail from her. She wants to speak with me on the phone on Wednesday because until then the manuscript will be checked by all her employees.I think that these are thrilling news. She wouldn´t ask me for a call if she only wanted to send the manuscript back. So, maybe one of my biggest dreams can come true!:radio: I´m so excited and I just can´t hide it....:radio:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christine

• Marilyn

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

That is really awesome Christine! I hope you receive great news Wednesday…

Me too , hope you recieve great news,! :D

Thanks for your good wishes. It´s really exciting to get closer to one of my biggest dreams and I can´t await Wednesday to come!

Yesterday at noon, I had the very important conversation with the agent in Berlin. She told me that she and her team (they are seven all together) were really enthusiastic about the thriller. She absolutly wants to offer it to a suitable publishing house, and as she thinks that it´s very good, she wants to offer it to the big publishing houses.Yesterday, I signed the contract :DAs the publishing houses fix their programs somewhere at the end of September, we have to hurry because she wants this book to be in the program, then. Of course, there are corrections to make. Even though she likes it, it isn´t perfect at this time.And maybe I have more luck. While speaking, she told me that she dislikes publishing houses who need three months to read a summary of three pages. I answered that this is nothing and that I´d been waiting for an answer of a publishing house in Hamburg for 2 1/2 years before they turned my manuscript( it´s a fantasy tale for children) down. Then I told her that I had sent this mnuscript in January to a publishing house in Stuttgart, and that i hadn´t heard from them until now. She became attentive before she replied that she was closely working with this publishing house. She asked me for the books content, made a note of its title, and promised to take care for it, too.I think you all can imagine how happy I am. It seems as if one of my biggest dreams is really coming true.

Yesterday at noon' date=' I had the very important conversation with the agent in Berlin. She told me that she and her team (they are seven all together) were really enthusiastic about the thriller. She absolutly wants to offer it to a suitable publishing house, and as she thinks that it´s very good, she wants to offer it to the big publishing houses.Yesterday, I signed the contract :DAs the publishing houses fix their programs somewhere at the end of September, we have to hurry because she wants this book to be in the program, then. Of course, there are corrections to make. Even though she likes it, it isn´t perfect at this time.And maybe I have more luck. While speaking, she told me that she dislikes publishing houses who need three months to read a summary of three pages. I answered that this is nothing and that I´d been waiting for an answer of a publishing house in Hamburg for 2 1/2 years before they turned my manuscript( it´s a fantasy tale for children) down. Then I told her that I had sent this mnuscript in January to a publishing house in Stuttgart, and that i hadn´t heard from them until now. She became attentive before she replied that she was closely working with this publishing house. She asked me for the books content, made a note of its title, and promised to take care for it, too.I think you all can imagine how happy I am. It seems as if one of my biggest dreams is really coming true.[/quote'] oh my god that great news you msut be so happy... :D:D

Yes, I´m very, very happy! I remember the time when I was a child. I think I was about eight or so. I was sitting at the table in the kitchen and writing a better end for my favorite book. I always wrote little stories and thought about becoming an author in the future.Now this dream comes true and I´m thrilled, but also feared that my book couldn´t be as good as the agent had told me.

Today it started! I received a mail from my agent with the revised exposé. I don´t agree in everything she had changed, but I´m confident that we´ll find a way.Besides that, she told me that she had gotten in touch with the publishing house in Stuttgart where I had sent a fantasy manuscript for children to. They had promised to take care for the manuscript immediately.I´m so happy!

• Administrators

Well that's great news! Looks like your dream is finally coming true. Best of luck to you with it. :thumbsup:

Now the first correction is done and the manuscript has returned to Berlin. I´m curious about what the agent will say to the changes I´ve made and to my suggestion for a title.My daughter had suggested to name it REVENGE which is absolutely suitable. I´ll keep you informed about what happens next. Would be great if this thriller would also be available in English one day. So, I keep on dreaming!

• 4 weeks later...

Ãesterday, I spoke on the phone with my agent in Berlin. She told me that all corrections are finished now and that I would receive the manuscript that day or possibly next day. That means today.When I returned from the nursing home yesterday evening, I switched on my computer immediately, but there was no mail and no manuscript.The same happened today. But a few minutes ago, somethin very funny had happened.I found the expected mail in my email account. She wrote, "Shocked from the ending of the story I send you the marked version of your manuscript. Thanks for the exciting text..."That sounded really good o me, but there was a little problem!There was no mansucript!Therefore, I sent a mail back to her,"Thanks that you liked the text. Is it possible that you, in your shock, have forgotten to send the manuscript?

cageyJG, I´m very sorry, but I think that you couldn´t play the main role because Captain Michael Thanner is Afro - American.Yes, Jim, it means that my book will be published soon. I hope that it happens before Christmas.