Episode #40 "The Fix "

Ferrariman

Been watching these again and for me, many times the acting of the co-stars determines how good the episode is. While the plot itself isn't very interesting, the acting is very good in this episode. Judge Ferguson is superb, Berlioz is excellent, Benedict is very good, etc. 

This is a solid, quality episode. As someone said earlier the meeting of Ferguson and Crockett on the park bench was very well acted. 

I give this a 7.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2022 at 1:59 AM, apocalypse said:

Been watching these again and for me, many times the acting of the co-stars determines how good the episode is. While the plot itself isn't very interesting, the acting is very good in this episode. Judge Ferguson is superb, Berlioz is excellent, Benedict is very good, etc. 

This is a solid, quality episode. As someone said earlier the meeting of Ferguson and Crockett on the park bench was very well acted. 

I give this a 7.

I have to disagree and say the inverse. I think the plotline was good but the acting was weak. But I agree on 7/10!

21 hours ago, BunMVO said:

I have to disagree and say the inverse. I think the plotline was good but the acting was weak. But I agree on 7/10!

I think Bill Russell starts off a bit below par but he gets better and better.

He is believable character, and that is what matters most to me.

I give "The Fix" a 9/10

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think Bill Russell starts off a bit below par but he gets better and better.

He is believable character, and that is what matters most to me.

This is what I think as well. I didn't expect a EJO performance from him, but he was believable in his role.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

This is what I think as well. I didn't expect a EJO performance from him, but he was believable in his role.

Exactly, the only actor that is a bit suspect is his son but even he puts in a good scene, like the one where he says to his father "why did you gamble"

I think "The Fix" is underrated.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Exactly, the only actor that is a bit suspect is his son but even he puts in a good scene, like the one where he says to his father "why did you gamble"

I think "The Fix" is underrated.

And as I recall the son was actually another basketball player as opposed to an actor. I think "The FIx" is another of Vice's more period episodes. People who weren't around to experience some of the point-shaving scandals and such during the late '80s aren't going to appreciate it as much.

• Like 4

On 11/18/2023 at 10:13 PM, Robbie C. said:

And as I recall the son was actually another basketball player as opposed to an actor.

Bernard King, star of the New York Knicks at the time. 

s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.292abb7e2df785938f473838c0fd08c3.jpg

• Like 1