Vice Locations on Google Map

Ocean

Hello,My name's Joe and I'm a new addition to the Vice blog. I've been following you all on vice.org for quite some time. Recently I moved to Miami Beach and I've been visiting locations [in large part thanks to your extensive research, thanks!]. To help me keep track of what I've seen, I made a Google Map of locations. Check it out.I posted it for two reasons:1. For those Vice pros, is there anything I've gotten wrong or big locations that are fun to see and I'm missing from my map?2. Does anyone else have a map like this? Perhaps one could be created [it's quite easy] for all users to see. Mine is a little personalized so I know where I've gone, but I'd be glad to help create a new one. This way we can avoid those pesky screen shot problems. You can also create lines in Google Map which would be great for chase and car scene locations.Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your hard research. I'm only 22 and just discovering the world of Vice and I appreciate this site a lot!-Joe

• Administrators
Hello' date=' I posted it for two reasons:1. For those Vice pros, is there anything I've gotten wrong or big locations that are fun to see and I'm missing from my map?[/Quote'] Yes, you've gotten something wrong. I can't see a hint or a permission that you are allowed to use my pictures from mv.info:evil: You never asked if you are allowed to use the pictures I took during the past 4 years and I can't remember I gave a permission to someone to use the pictures outside our MV communities.
2. Does anyone else have a map like this? Perhaps one could be created [it's quite easy] for all users to see. Mine is a little personalized so I know where I've gone, but I'd be glad to help create a new one. This way we can avoid those pesky screen shot problems. You can also create lines in Google Map which would be great for chase and car scene locations. -Joe
There is a location map on miamivice.info and there will be the same map on m-v.ws as soon as I updated all the locations.

Pictures? There are no pictures in the map, only links. If there are, let me know and I will remove them immediately.

Nicely done, Joe. One idea: I don't know how much work it would be, but you could do a separate map for each season so that it doesn't get as cluttered.

Nicely done' date=' Joe. One idea: I don't know how much work it would be, but you could do a separate map for each season so that it doesn't get as cluttered.[/quote']Yes well done, Joe ---very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Google Street ViewHi,Google now has a new feature called 'Street View' on some cities and guess what one of those cities is? Chu got it mang. Log onto google maps and zoom in on Miami and you'll see the tab right along with the 'satellite', 'terrain' etc.. tabs. Then you can zoom in on, say, Collins ave. and pretend like you're driving down the street and you can even rotate it 180 degrees so you can see the beach from the street.DM

• Administrators

Yeah, Google Street View is quite nice.But for the location shots and the location map I use Microsoft's Virtual Earth Pics - although I don't like Microsoft very much. But the pics are of a higher quality and you have Bird's Eye View. It's not the same as Street View.You can check it out on http://maps.live.com