Tubbs' Caddy

ViceFanMan

I think there were at least 3 Caddys used in the show...most differentiated by the different paint jobs and/or steering wheel/dash colors. There, most likely, may been more than that, but I think 3 are pretty well identified or noticable.I think I remember reading somewhere that a couple of the Caddys were not in "wonderful" condition to start with...but Mann had them painted the sea-green/blue colors to go with the show's color scheme. There was one, I think, that was in better condition than the others. The ones that were more, worse-for-wear, were I think the ones used for crash or stunt scenes.As to whether or not one, or any of them still exist...I don't know?? I also think I remember reading once that someone bought one of them after the show went off the air...and did some more restoration work on it at the time. But, I'm not totally positive on that either. I may be thinking of a different show/car, and my memory is "blending" things together. I would like to think that one or more still exist somewhere, and are not rusting blocks of metal in a junkyard somewhere. :eek:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kavinsky

• ViceFanMan

• Matt5

• Leigh Burne

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it really depends on whether or not the rust was serious, if the frames were intact and the rust was covered up/filled with stucko and repainted to prevent it from spreading someone would have driven them till the wheels came off.and the hallmark of those cars is the fact that their dirt simple and lasted far longer than most conventional cars of that time period because of that (after all it was a 21 year old car to begin with when MV started, which is about 3 times longer than most cars of that time period typically lasted)so I think as long as someone took care of the rust before it truly became serious they should still be around and for that matter affordable. Since most 1960's and 1970's caddies are only about 5 - 10 grand in usabile condition and the really nice ones are about anywhere between 10 - 30 because most of them actually survived and the amount of gas they sucked up, but it would have still gotten better gas mileage than the testarossa with its 390 V8 and I think 3:15 gearsalthough I think if someone ever bumps into PMT they should ask him what happened to them because we know that atleast in one case the car we saw on the show actually belonged to the actor that drove it, Michael Talbott with his 63' T bird and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he kept one or used it for a time during the shows run or he might atleast remember where they rented them from, after all there was a number of cadillacs used throught the first season of varying vintage, much more so in the first than in the latter seasons so there must have been a nest somewhere where they kept aquiring them for filming from.

• 1 year later...
Well it really depends on whether or not the rust was serious' date=' if the frames were intact and the rust was covered up/filled with stucko and repainted to prevent it from spreading someone would have driven them till the wheels came off.and the hallmark of those cars is the fact that their dirt simple and lasted far longer than most conventional cars of that time period because of that (after all it was a 21 year old car to begin with when MV started, which is about 3 times longer than most cars of that time period typically lasted)so I think as long as someone took care of the rust before it truly became serious they should still be around and for that matter affordable. Since most 1960's and 1970's caddies are only about 5 - 10 grand in usabile condition and the really nice ones are about anywhere between 10 - 30 because most of them actually survived and the amount of gas they sucked up, but it would have still gotten better gas mileage than the testarossa with its 390 V8 and I think 3:15 gearsalthough I think if someone ever bumps into PMT they should ask him what happened to them because we know that atleast in one case the car we saw on the show actually belonged to the actor that drove it, Michael Talbott with his 63' T bird and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he kept one or used it for a time during the shows run or he might atleast remember where they rented them from, after all there was a number of cadillacs used throught the first season of varying vintage, much more so in the first than in the latter seasons so there must have been a nest somewhere where they kept aquiring them for filming from.[/quote']So, Michael Talbott actually owned the classic T-Bird he drove a few times in the show? :eek: Also, was it a 61 or a 63? IMCDb has it listed as a 61...but it's hard for me to tell the difference between those years. Plus, if there is a certain number of years the same style is used, IMCDb will just go with the first year--when in fact the car could be a year or two...or few newer.As for Tubbs' Caddy and where they would have rented or acquired them from...I doubt they rented any of them for anywhere. Once they decided on what Tubbs' car would be, in Miami back then, it probably was not that difficult to find a few 20 year old Caddys around...even in somewhat "junky" condition. Also, there very well may have been a few of those they got from another studio lot? Then, they were all painted to match as close as possible.I think there were at least 3 Caddys used. I'm currently going through the show again and I've noticed a greenish-blue or sea-green one (possibly the color was Turino Torquoise) with a white steering wheel and standard dash. Then I've also noticed a sea-green one with an all black steering wheel. Then I've seen a more Blue-Gray one also with an all black steering wheel and what appeared to be a black foam-padded dash board.Again, I think one or two of them were in more mint condition...while the other one (or maybe it was two) were in a "junkier" state and were used for stunt scenes that requried damage be done to it/them. Personally, I still like the sea-green one with the white steering wheel the best. :thumbsup:Here are a couple pics that show the different colors of the Caddys:[ATTACH=CONFIG]7767[/ATTACH]This is the sea-green (Turino Torquoise-?) Caddy I believe from "Whatever Works"[ATTACH=CONFIG]7766[/ATTACH]This is the more blue-gray one

post-483-13892965474757_thumb.jpg

post-483-13892965475295_thumb.jpg

Hmm judging by the photos on wikipedia there was a trim change for all 3 years and the photos I can find of it here it seems to be the 61 as the 61's had no side trim on them giving them a cleaner side profile with the T bird.and I remember the photo that went along with the ad for the T bird that someone found, it had him next to his blue green T bird as he looks now and the car was about in the same condition as it was in the show.which always seemed to be in good nick, not sure if after the show ended he bought it for dimes on the dollar like the guy who played Fez did with the La Vista Cruiser on that 70's show for like 500 bucks or whatever it was.but he evidentally did like the thing and it was more or less in this color scheme.Eingefügtes Bild1962 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop in Deep Sea Blue (code U) with Medium Turquoise Metallic vinyl interior (code 57). Photo by User:Morven at the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Park, California, USA on April 17, 2005.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildit would be possibile that they could be a studio car of some sort, although I kind of have this sneaking suspicion that during S2 the reason why we didnt see Tubbs ride that much was because it was being used for crime story

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=245qwSDAJZA

0:16 1:37as I've come across a few Barron clips on youtube of it and they are using caddies that are all about the same vintage as his car, which would also explain the damage and the rust in S3namely the rear bumper was slightly warped, the paint was bubling on one of them and it looked like the car had been jacked up oddly and they could have had some sort of optional hardtop option for the caddies like they did the mercs back thenwhere its a literal hard top you mount over the convertible top for the winter time, which I believe the 55 T birds did havealso note the interior in the crime story vid, it looks somewhat like the one used in el viejo

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT8p0XWzEIc

personally its a hard choice, but the blue silver one would be my first choice, the next the green blue metallic one from whatever works, third the blue green one from smugglers blues that doesnt have metallic paint on it

post-592-13892965476546_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965476936_thumb.jpg

Great Car - was the caddy introduced in Season 1 or 2 - 2 wasnt it ?:D

Mid to late season 1. Off the top of my head, Smuggler's Blues comes to mind.

It first shows up in Give A Little, Take A Little.Tubbs wins some money gambling at the start of the episode - maybe he spent his winnings on the Caddy :)

Oh really? My mistake then' date=' its been ages since I watched Season 1![/quote']Ironically I turned on an MV rerun today and it turned out to be give a little take a little and the very episode the car showed up in, in that lyndale blue metalic like color

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8toe3RzDB8

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=di8UV-TZTJg

and I'd bet GM used the same colors for alot of there cars so there's a pretty good chance it might be the very same color.wonder if maybe I can find a green one in the same color as the one in whatever works....

found one of it in that green but it doesnt seem to be seafoamSeafoam

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CeQK-ku12o

Not Seafoam

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqhaeM4nmU

probably ment what 5 G bought you in 1964, which was about 55,000 to 60,000 K nowadays.

found one of it in that green but it doesnt seem to be seafoamSeafoam

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CeQK-ku12o

Not Seafoam

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqhaeM4nmU

probably ment what 5 G bought you in 1964' date=' which was about 55,000 to 60,000 K nowadays.[/quote']Awesome vids, Kavinsky...thanks! :thumbsup: Neither car matched or looked like any of Tubbs' Caddys exactly--but the bottom video looks the closest. The top video Caddy was too green...and was not teal or aqua mixed in as well. However, none of Tubbs' Caddys were that blue color of the classic Corvette vids you posted above...that was way too dark a blue.Thanks for the T-Bird info and pics above too--IMCDb has it as a 61 and usually they are right. ;) So, I still didn't quite understand...does Michael Talbott own one of the T-bids used in the show, and/or did he own it at the time the show was on?As for the Caddys used for Tubbs' car...I thought they showed up fairly regularly...didn't know they were used on "Crime Story" too? Interesting info! I've been referring to some of the Caddys as sea-green ones and the Blue-gray ones. I guess instead of sea-green (or seafoam) I should say aqua-green instead :) --as again the seafoam Caddy in the top vid did not match the "MV" Caddys at all. Personally I still have to go with the aqua green ones...that color just seemed more "MV" than the blue-gray color.I'm not sure Michael Mann had the Caddys painted with any stock or GM color at all...I'm thinking he had custom colors mixed up to try and match the color scheme of the show. For whatever reason, not all of them were painted at the same time (may not have had them all at once) and they had to try and match each one as close as possible as they acquired them.And for those above who were wondering...yes it was "Give a Little, Take a Little" where Tubbs' Caddy first showed up. :cool:

fake, and not actually registered with the Miami DMV. Almost all cars used in movies and TV do not have real tags--unless for some strange reason the car is also an actor's personal vehicle and is used outside the studio/set. The only cars I can think of that actually were used outside of a show were McGarrett's (Jack Lord) Mercurys used in "Hawaii Five-0." They actually were Lord's cars and were used to drive him back and forth from his home to the set on Oahu--besides being used in the show. So, they actually were registered with the Honolulu DMV.I bet Tubbs' Caddys were custom painted and the actual color names may not really exist...but colors very similar might have names. I saw a classic 1965 or '66 Mustang in my town the other day--and I swear it was painted the exact color of what Tubb's Caddy was!! It definitely was a custom paint job--and not an original available color for Mustangs in the mid 60's. I wanted so bad to ask the owner what color it was--but it was parked and no one was around. Anyway, the ideas you have to try and at least find a color-name similar to Tubbs' Caddy are awesome! Please let me know what you find out. Personally, I like the more greenish-blue Caddy with the white steering wheel the best.

I know it's not a car, but didn't D.J drive his personal 38KV "My Vice" to work a lot? And I think his personal boat was used in some shots throughout the show as well.The 60's Caddy's like Tubbs' really aren't worth much unless they are absolutely mint. You can find convertibles in perfectly fine condition for $12,000 all day long. They didn't have reliability issue's or anything, but they were absloulute PIGS to drive. These cars basically started the term "led sled." If you have ever driven one, you would see why they didn't use them in many stunts that involved a lot of good driving.Also, Tubbs' Caddy had a Tubular x-frame chassis, so I doubt rust could have been a problem on it. Especially if it was just a little bit here and there on some of those gigantic chrome pieces, there is now way it could have had actual frame rust.In regards to the Caddy that was also used in Crime Story, they very well maybe be the same car. Mustangs have been made with colors that look a heck of a lot like Tubbs' Caddy. These three colors were Silver Blue, Arcadian Blue and Clearwater Aqua. Clearwater Aqua was only offered on 1967 or newer Mustangs though. Are you sure the Mustang you saw was a 1965 or 1966?Clearwater aqua: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7780[/ATTACH]Silver Blue:[ATTACH=CONFIG]7781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7782[/ATTACH]And then finally Arcadian Blue: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7783[/ATTACH]

post-11420-13892965478093_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965481316_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965484455_thumb.jpg

post-11420-1389296548513_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965485601_thumb.jpg

In regards to the crime story Caddy, it very well could have been the same Caddy used on MV.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7784[/ATTACH]In this picture, note the position of where the convertible top goes. It's where a roof on would meet with the back of the car. This convertible top could very well be a complete fake on Tubbs' Caddy. The reason it would be a fake is so it could cover up the horrible mark that welding off the roof would leave. It's a lot like older MGb's, that had a huge piece of leather that you could put on to cover up the passenger seat. It's also most like a classic Mustang Ronster kit, which involves chopping the roof off your Mustang, and then installing a big fiberglass piece that covers up the weld mark:[ATTACH=CONFIG]7786[/ATTACH]This isn't the Ronster kit, but it is a Mustang that was originally a hardtop, and the black convertible cover was used to cover up the weld mark:[ATTACH=CONFIG]7785[/ATTACH]This same tactic definitely could have been utilized for Tubb's caddy, so Universal would use the same car for Crime story and MV. This explains why we see less of the silver blue Cadillac, and judging by the crime story video posted here, the Cadillac has the silver blue color, not the Greenish blue color.If this was done to the silver Blue caddy, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been sitting ever since, or has been scrapped. Hopefully I'm wrong though, that would be a very sad ending to a special part of Tubbs and M.V.But this is all specualtion of course. Crime Story would have to re-weld the roof back on which is doable. That is, providing that Crime Story filming started after MV filming. Does anybody know for sure what year Crime Story started being filmed in? If it was before the Caddy appeared on MV, I would bet that my theory about how Tubbs' silver blue caddy was really a modified hardtop could be correct. I hope I'm wrong though. I wouldn't want that Caddy to end it's life like that.

post-11420-13892965486243_thumb.jpg

post-11420-1389296548657_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965487189_thumb.jpg

too green...and was not teal or aqua mixed in as well. However, none of Tubbs' Caddys were that blue color of the classic Corvette vids you posted above...that was way too dark a blue.Thanks for the T-Bird info and pics above too--IMCDb has it as a 61 and usually they are right. ;) So, I still didn't quite understand...does Michael Talbott own one of the T-bids used in the show, and/or did he own it at the time the show was on?As for the Caddys used for Tubbs' car...I thought they showed up fairly regularly...didn't know they were used on "Crime Story" too? Interesting info! I've been referring to some of the Caddys as sea-green ones and the Blue-gray ones. I guess instead of sea-green (or seafoam) I should say aqua-green instead :) --as again the seafoam Caddy in the top vid did not match the "MV" Caddys at all. Personally I still have to go with the aqua green ones...that color just seemed more "MV" than the blue-gray color.I'm not sure Michael Mann had the Caddys painted with any stock or GM color at all...I'm thinking he had custom colors mixed up to try and match the color scheme of the show. For whatever reason, not all of them were painted at the same time (may not have had them all at once) and they had to try and match each one as close as possible as they acquired them.And for those above who were wondering...yes it was "Give a Little, Take a Little" where Tubbs' Caddy first showed up. :cool:

Well one of the things you guys have been talking about is that the colors of the DVD releases was modified in some way, in some cases downright muted or darkened and I think this is why the Testarossa seemed rather washed out in some night scenes in S3.and badly so with the blue filter they used in S3 and then the white filter in S4 and S5so maybe the same happened here, thus making it harder to pin down the exact color? hell the tan of the daytona seems to be two different shades here from the TV and DVD release:TVhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7789&stc=1&d=1365301019http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7788&stc=1&d=1365301016if it wasnt for camera daytona and Jurrasic being here I bet you we'd have a hell of a time figuring out what color the interior was in over on the daytona threads.With the T bird I preusme it was owned as it was a for sale ad that I found that I think someone posted here with a photo of him and the car on a link, might be something worth asking him about at the french twist miami vice reunion actually as that was quite awhile ago at this point and its probably long gone.yeah with the boat though they had one that was provided by the company and then don's own personal boat which I think they used once in the show as it was supposedly faster than the boat that was provided by the show for one of the episodes.so its not that clean cut.Yeah I remember in Irish eyes how much the tires squealed in the parking lot and how hard it was for Tubbs to pull inhell he nearly looses it at 5:55

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PzGcf-0N4k

best I could do plus next to the t Bird the thing superdwarf's the thing it seemshttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7796&stc=1&d=1365307549with the cut off convertibile top thing I remember the tonau being off in the first chase with the bronco with Michale Madsen in the drivers seat of the bad guys carEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildand I'm not sure, it doesnt quite look like a chop job on it, unless the only way to tell is to get up real close to it to take a look at the back past the paint workor maybe the space between the top and the bodywork hereEingefügtes Bildwhich is uniformly straight from the look of it.but I think crime story was after Vice's first season, as I remember how Michale Mann talked about how it got greenlit because of how successful vice got in the first season, then they had to cut down the scope of what they wanted to do because of how expensive it would get.he specifically mentioned something about having cars of different eras in it like it was some sort of goodfellas like deal where it starts in the 50's and then moves into the 70's and 80's, problem was it would require alot of sets of cars for each era to be used on set, making it prohibitively expensive for a tv show.

post-592-13892965490649_thumb.jpg

7779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7780[/ATTACH]Silver Blue:[ATTACH=CONFIG]7781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7782[/ATTACH]And then finally Arcadian Blue: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7783[/ATTACH]

The colors of these "Stangs" are cool...but I still don't think they're the same colors as Tubbs' Caddy. The 67 Fastback looks pretty close though. As for the Mustang I saw a few years ago...yes it was a 1965 or 66 Mustang I saw back then. I know, because I love classic Mustangs (one of the few Fords I like) and my first car was a white 66 Mustang. ;) I don't think it was an original color...I'm sure the owner had it painted that color when it was restored.As for Tubbs' Caddys being "fake" convertibles...I do not think so! I think they were the real thing. All the Caddys have the standard fold-back top in the right place, and not some weird piece put over where welding marks would be if they'd of "shaved" off the top to try and make it look like a rag top.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PzGcf-0N4k

Not that many of the colors were changed or altered in the DVD sets...just a couple scenes in an episode or two appear to have slightly been changed with the lighting or something. As for the colors of the cars...they're still the same and easily noticed. I still think the colors Mann had the Caddys painted were customized or something...and not colors offered by GM. They probably came up with some colors on their own just for the show.I don't know much about driving a 60's Caddy...although I'd kill (figuratively speaking ;) ) to have one. But, I don't think they were made to drive like mad-men, chase bad guys, and do stunts in. But, I bet those cars can book a** down the road with those giant engines! :thumbsup: They might use up the gas...but who cares...you don't drive those things with gas mileage in mind. :) But, as for Tubbs almost losing it in that scene from "Irish Eyes" in your video above...I don't really see that?? Not that it was an easy car to maneuver around a corner going at a high rate of speed...but Tubbs appears to handle it just fine to me. But, maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. :p I love the car and it's one of my favorite aspects to the show.

When he enters the parking garage at 5:53 - to 5:55 you can see that the tires are right on the edge of there grip when he pulls in on the right if you slow mo it, if he hadnt hit the brake at that moment the end of the car would have slid out on him.not dramatically but it would of as the weight of the car had shifted to the left side and it was loosing traction from the weightshift so he needed to slow it down to ease the load on the suspension.actually that brings up the question was the car using Pollyglass tires or radialsbut that 390 V8 I believe those cars had aint no slouch, keep in mind how much weight it has to pull around and in addition to that it has to have enough power to pass anything on the freeway, and it was a premium car back then so those things really lasted back then.kind of like an american merc almost.

You didnt see the caddy that often really - but it was a cool car :thumbsup::D
I have never kept track of exactly how many episodes the Caddy appeared in throughout the show. But' date=' I'm watching more closely this time through the show, and so far after it first appeared in "Give a Little, Take a Little", and I'm part-way into 2nd season at the moment (around "Yankee Dollar" and One Way Ticket")--[u']and Tubbs' Caddy has shown up fairly regularly, or frequently. I'll see how often it continues to show. But, I think everyone at the time was more enthrawled with the Ferraris (especially once the brand new '86 was introduced) that the Caddy was more easily ignored or forgotten.
When he enters the parking garage at 5:53 - to 5:55 you can see that the tires are right on the edge of there grip when he pulls in on the right if you slow mo it' date=' if he hadnt hit the brake at that moment the end of the car would have slid out on him.not dramatically but it would of as the weight of the car had shifted to the left side and it was loosing traction from the weightshift so he needed to slow it down to ease the load on the suspension.actually that brings up the question was the car using Pollyglass tires or radialsbut that 390 V8 I believe those cars had aint no slouch, keep in mind how much weight it has to pull around and in addition to that it has to have enough power to pass anything on the freeway, and it was a premium car back then so those things really lasted back then.kind of like an american merc almost.[/quote']I've tried watching the video in slow motion...but I still don't really notice Tubbs having that much trouble "yanking" the Caddy around the corner. But, you seem to know what you're talking about and what to look for, so I'll take your word for it. :D But, did PMT know how to do sunts and did he do his own driving--to know what to do if that happened? Just wondering...Yeah, those old Caddys were made to last and had speed! Love it! :thumbsup: However, screeching around corners, chasing bad-guys probably wasn't what GM had in mind when they designed them. ;) They probably had the doctor, lawyer, and/or executive in mind instead. :)

and Tubbs' Caddy has shown up fairly regularly, or frequently. I'll see how often it continues to show. But, I think everyone at the time was more enthrawled with the Ferraris (especially once the brand new '86 was introduced) that the Caddy was more easily ignored or forgotten.I've tried watching the video in slow motion...but I still don't really notice Tubbs having that much trouble "yanking" the Caddy around the corner. But, you seem to know what you're talking about and what to look for, so I'll take your word for it. :D But, did PMT know how to do sunts and did he do his own driving--to know what to do if that happened? Just wondering...Yeah, those old Caddys were made to last and had speed! Love it! :thumbsup: However, screeching around corners, chasing bad-guys probably wasn't what GM had in mind when they designed them. ;) They probably had the doctor, lawyer, and/or executive in mind instead. :)

Speed and power was considered part of luxury back then. In 1964 these caddies had a 429 with about 340 hp. They could hit 60 in about 9 seconds, and did a quarter mile in around 17 seconds. That is extremely fast, considering a top scale performance car like a 1967 Mustang GT500KR could hit 60mph in 6.5ish seconds and do a quarter mile in 15 seconds. These Caddy's then, were definitely a fast car for there time. One thing these Caddy's had going for them was they were fast and easy to drive. They had straight line performance that you could effortlessly grab a hold of. These cars really started the whole performance cruiser mentality. Just like the Cary 50 boat used on M.V too!Moral of the story, M.V knew everything what was cool at the time, and still is now! :)

Speed and power was considered part of luxury back then. In 1964 these caddies had a 429 with about 340 hp. They could hit 60 in about 9 seconds' date=' and did a quarter mile in around 17 seconds. That is extremely fast, considering a top scale performance car like a 1967 Mustang GT500KR could hit 60mph in 6.5ish seconds and do a quarter mile in 15 seconds. These Caddy's then, were definitely a fast car for there time. One thing these Caddy's had going for them was they were fast and easy to drive. They had straight line performance that you could effortlessly grab a hold of. These cars really started the whole performance cruiser mentality. Just like the Cary 50 boat used on M.V too!Moral of the story, M.V knew everything what was cool at the time, and still is now! :)[/quote']Amen...could not have said it better!! :thumbsup: I wish there some someone on the production team, or Michael Mann, or PMT that somone else could ask what colors were used to paint the Caddys Tubbs used on the show.

With its appearances I seem to remember it mostly showed up at the beginning of the seasons and at the end usually and it showed up atleast once during Freefall, the sort of greenish one from Smugglers blues, not the metallic ish one but the straight blue green one and given the length of the chassis and the wheelbase I bet it would be simple to tell when its right at the limit given the body lean so I dont doubt he would have the skill to do that, although I gotta wonder if maybe PMT can only drive an auto.as he drove the daytona with its 3 speed auto in the hitlist, but not the TR with its 5 speed manual and wider rear end with 235's in the front and 275's in the rear along with zero power steering and I think there was kind of odd hints that in S3 that they might have been thinking about switching over to that aston from walk alone as Tubbs normal cargiven how close its color scheme was to the CaddieEingefügtes Bildit also showed up during Baby Blues http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_125199-Aston-Martin-V8-Volante-1983.htmland I gotta wonder if that was an auto too, its juxtaposition and theory, but Crockett got a new car and maybe they were trying it on for size for PMT, after all the Caddie and the Daytona were supposed to be vintage rides, once it was written out they might have thought hey lets give a more modern car a shot for him to match Crockett's new chromeless white kamikaze machineand we're both right, said that for the 61 to 64 years that the car had an option of either a 390 V8 or a 427.great now we have to figure out what motor all three had lol but that fits with the time period as my old man's 66 Imperial was packing a 440 magnum.although christ looking up the specs for the Cadillac Eldorado it says the engine size actually went up as the years went onhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Eldoradocomplete with a 500 CI motor during the gas crysis time period, Jesus now imagine sticking that in a corvette!

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/walk14.jpgit also showed up during Baby Blues http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_125199-Aston-Martin-V8-Volante-1983.htmland I gotta wonder if that was an auto too, its juxtaposition and theory, but Crockett got a new car and maybe they were trying it on for size for PMT, after all the Caddie and the Daytona were supposed to be vintage rides, once it was written out they might have thought hey lets give a more modern car a shot for him to match Crockett's new chromeless white kamikaze machineand we're both right, said that for the 61 to 64 years that the car had an option of either a 390 V8 or a 427.great now we have to figure out what motor all three had lol but that fits with the time period as my old man's 66 Imperial was packing a 440 magnum.although christ looking up the specs for the Cadillac Eldorado it says the engine size actually went up as the years went onhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Eldoradocomplete with a 500 CI motor during the gas crysis time period, Jesus now imagine sticking that in a corvette!

LOL! Yeah...those Caddys had serious "hauling-a**" power! :D I'm watching more closely this time around in the show, as to how often Tubbs' Caddy shows up. I'm not counting but just keeping an eye out. So far it's shown up in almost every episode since its first--"Give a Little, Take a Little". But, maybe later on it's not showcased as much? Stupid thing, but I can't really remember! :rolleyes:I am seriously glad they did NOT end up making that Aston Martin Tubbs' new car! That would have sucked, big time! :eek: That kind of car may work for James Bond...but not Tubbs! ;) The 64 Caddy will always be Tubbs' mobile. :thumbsup:

Yeah, as much as I love the Aston V8 as a car, it wasn't a good fit for Tubbs' character. Although I thought it went well with the undercover persona he was adopting when he drove it in Walk-Alone.I seem to remember the Caddy was used a lot in Shadow in the Dark. In fact I think it was the only car that did, I'm pretty sure Crockett's Ferrari was AWOL.

I dont know, the aston wasnt the first car they screwed around with having tubbs use instead of the caddie. Tubbs was riding in that white merc in lombard of which youngman owns one ofEingefügtes Bild then the aston in S3 and another Pimped up, or rather muscled up Merc with a MR big licence plate from streetwise with a hood bulge and speedster hoops on it at 1:00

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r3RVvmmkVo

Eingefügtes Bildmaybe that's why they screwed around with the colors of the car, they were trying to make it seem more exotic as blue silver isnt that special. as i've seen a few cars in that kind of color combo over the years, this being the latest

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ_6qk1aFnQ

which I think is utterly beautiful and better looking than a DB5 in Burch silver with a blue grey interior in that combo but it's worth noting that about the paint color that blue green metalic one from whatever works however......http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7767&d=1365143845I've only seen it on viceWith the Testarossa in shadow of the dark it was used once, just in a dream sequence. the rest of the episode was more or less with them in the blue silver caddie most of it though, hell seemed like Crockett was in general commuting with Tubbs in the caddie in that episode.making me wonder maybe if he let the others hop a ride with him off screen lol, it does have space for 5 people and a trunk to match after all.