Just a thought (Shooting Locations meets a Weekend Trip)

Sjako

Hi all,I just recently became a member and was amazed by the work which is put into this community website. My jaw really dropped when I looked into this shooting location section. Truly magnicficent work :clap:Now for the thought:I am making (future) plans for visisiting Miami and visit some off the location mentioned in the Google maps. Big question is which ones to visit :sick: Can we as a community come up with Top 15 places to visit? Criteria:Should be able to visit in a weekend tripShould still existThe result we could map into a new Google map for easy reference.More then happy to put the top 15 places in a poll after the first round of suggestions so that we can vote for them.Have a nice weekend!

Sure thing dude. Here's some great locations in the Miami area that you should be able to do in a weekend trip.Ocean Drive, South BeachDefinitely Miami hotel, 4343 Collins Avenue, Miami BeachJerry's Famous Deli, 1540 Collins Avenue, South BeachNemo from Red Tape,116 Collins Avenue, South BeachRobby's club from Buddies, 1745 James' Avenue, Miami BeachBayside Marina (where the St. Vitus was moored), 401 Biscayne BoulevardDade County Courthouse, 73 West Flagler StreetEvan gas station - Flagler Street & SW 12th AvenueAtlantis Condo from Calderone's Return & Scarface, 2025 Brickell AvenueBrickell Key Causeway from Smugglers Blues and Fruit of the Poison TreeThe Biltmore Hotel from Line of Fire, 1200 Anastasia Avenue, Coral GablesFrank Hackman's Caribbean house, 3485 Main Highway, Coconut GroveCalderone's Return Lighthouse,Bill Baggs State Park, Key BiscayneScarface house also used on Vice, 485 West Matheson Drive, Key BiscayneEmbassy Suites Hotel from Heart of Night, 3974 NW South River DriveMiami is the greatest place on earth. I can't wait to go back.

Tx, listed ;-)

Sure thing dude. Here's some great locations in the Miami area that you should be able to do in a weekend trip.Ocean Drive' date=' South BeachDefinitely Miami hotel, 4343 Collins Avenue, Miami BeachJerry's Famous Deli, 1540 Collins Avenue, South BeachNemo from Red Tape,116 Collins Avenue, South BeachRobby's club from Buddies, 1745 James' Avenue, Miami BeachBayside Marina (where the St. Vitus was moored), 401 Biscayne BoulevardDade County Courthouse, 73 West Flagler StreetEvan gas station - Flagler Street & SW 12th AvenueAtlantis Condo from Calderone's Return & Scarface, 2025 Brickell AvenueBrickell Key Causeway from Smugglers Blues and Fruit of the Poison TreeThe Biltmore Hotel from Line of Fire, 1200 Anastasia Avenue, Coral GablesFrank Hackman's Caribbean house, 3485 Main Highway, Coconut GroveCalderone's Return Lighthouse,Bill Baggs State Park, Key BiscayneScarface house also used on Vice, 485 West Matheson Drive, Key BiscayneEmbassy Suites Hotel from Heart of Night, 3974 NW South River DriveMiami is the greatest place on earth. I can't wait to go back.[/quote']

Sure thing dude. Here's some great locations in the Miami area that you should be able to do in a weekend trip.Ocean Drive' date=' South BeachDefinitely Miami hotel, 4343 Collins Avenue, Miami BeachJerry's Famous Deli, 1540 Collins Avenue, South BeachNemo from Red Tape,116 Collins Avenue, South BeachRobby's club from Buddies, 1745 James' Avenue, Miami BeachBayside Marina (where the St. Vitus was moored), 401 Biscayne BoulevardDade County Courthouse, 73 West Flagler StreetEvan gas station - Flagler Street & SW 12th AvenueAtlantis Condo from Calderone's Return & Scarface, 2025 Brickell AvenueBrickell Key Causeway from Smugglers Blues and Fruit of the Poison TreeThe Biltmore Hotel from Line of Fire, 1200 Anastasia Avenue, Coral GablesFrank Hackman's Caribbean house, 3485 Main Highway, Coconut GroveCalderone's Return Lighthouse,Bill Baggs State Park, Key BiscayneScarface house also used on Vice, 485 West Matheson Drive, Key BiscayneEmbassy Suites Hotel from Heart of Night, 3974 NW South River DriveMiami is the greatest place on earth. I can't wait to go back.[/quote']There are many more locations to discover from the show and in fact the 2006 MV Movie which shot all over the Downtown/Brickell area .( of course the boat race , which appeared on the Directors Cut , filmed extensively off South Beach with the hotels in the b/g) Some of the most valuable MV locations have gone such as the OCB building which was demolished and many other valuable locations - which is a shame . The downtown area has built up considerably with ugly high rises which are half empty with tenants. If you have time hire a car and go up to Fort Lauderdale ans see the locations from "Phil the Shill" which shot North off the A1A - those locations are a real gem .:D

There are a ton af great Miami Vice sites. Some biggies that were in multiple episodes but I think for your weekend trip you should go to sites that are special to you. Everyone has there own special episodes that have special meaning or impact on them and maybe those sites should hold the highest priority for you. Then of course there is always more weekends to be had in Miami.

Yes - thats great - all are within reasonably easy use of each other and should be able to be visited over a course of a weekend. SofaJeremy is right - you should first visit the locations from episodes that are special to you . I mean the first time I went to Miami the first building I wanted to see was the Bank of America Tower ( which appeared in Season 3 - 5 Opening Credits ) it seemed like such an important location to me . It first appeared in "Florence Italy " then throughout the shows run including extensively in the 2006 MV movie . Its construction was seen right from the 4th episode of the Series ( "Hit List" ) . It seemed to symbalise the show from Seasons 3 . :D

I hear ya guys.I have a list with special places that gave me those jitters in my stomach. Still I feel that the community should be able to have an all time favorite list. Very curious to learn that one.Tx for all the feedback.R.