94 Bad Timing

C Glide

No this is not an off subject post even though it looks that way. If you stare at the picture below for a couple hours you may notice that there is a pool table in the picture and the woman are in a bar. This is the pool table in the same bar that sonny stops into in Bad Timing.Eingefügtes Bild

This is Donna Rice, remember her. Gary Hart sure does. I censored the picture some since she was halfway topless. She is also in the same bar where Sonny went.Eingefügtes Bild

I was working on my website for locations when I stumbled onto this find. I know DanJ had been looking for this bar so I am posting it right after finding it. I was working on Smokey and the Bandit 3. Snowman enters this bar to get cheesebergs in that movie. While tracking down the bar I found that it was the same bar that was used in many photo shoots and most importantly this episode of Miami Vice!Eingefügtes Bildcheck out this cool web site for the place and view the music video featuring the bar.http://www.sunkingstudio.com/id14.htmland of course my site: http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

No I had been in there years ago as had DanJ so I knew that was not the location. That location was used in No Exit.

interesting. I thought the scene in Bad Timing was shot in Ukulele Bar 10950 Biscayne Bvd.

Me too - I thought that was shot at the Uke Bar as was reported here - this Gator Kicks location would make more sense as is only a short distance on the Tamiami Trail from SW177th St . ( Crockett/Bike Scene & Garage scene was filmed ) . :D

I was working on my website for locations when I stumbled onto this find. I know DanJ had been looking for this bar so I am posting it right after finding it. I was working on Smokey and the Bandit 3. Snowman enters this bar to get cheesebergs in that movie. While tracking down the bar I found that it was the same bar that was used in many photo shoots and most importantly this episode of Miami Vice!Eingefügtes Bildcheck out this cool web site for the place and view the music video featuring the bar.http://www.sunkingstudio.com/id14.htmland of course my site: http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

This is great stuff C Glide. Thanks for posting. You location sleuths continue to amaze me! :tasse_prost:

Great find! I have been to the Uke Bar with screen captures from this episode and showed them to the owner. He responded that this was NOT the Uke Bar.I'm unclear, however - does the Longneck Saloon still exist or not, and in either case where exactly was it located?

... does the Longneck Saloon still exist or not' date=' and in either case where exactly was it located?[/quote']Yeah, I would like to know that too. I will definitely be going for a beer and a shot of Jack, provided it is still there.

:cry: RIP it no longer exist. It was burnt to the ground by a developer so he could build on the land. Check out the link I posted it has alot of info including what I think is a neat picture of the bar's owner sitting on Crocketts Ferrari. Gator Kicks was at 15690 Tamiami Trail, miami

Yeah' date=' I would like to know that too. I will definitely be going for a beer and a shot of Jack, provided it is still there.[/quote']

What a great site. How much time did you spend on this ..! I've just has a peek at the MV locatiions, could of spent hours on this , but gotta get home for grub. I'll check it out again tomorrow:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Gatorkicks was located on the Tamiami Trail, 15690 S.W. 8th Street, Miami, FL 33194. Sadly this bar has been torn down and replaced by a housing complex. :(

Been there' date=' done that, and have the uhh.. coffee cup. The shield shaped sign survived long after the place burned down.[/quote'] Oh, it's interesting. @miamijimf do you know when the bar burned down ?

Been there' date=' done that, and have the uhh.. coffee cup. The shield shaped sign survived long after the place burned down.[/quote'] Oh, it's interesting. @miamijimf do you know when exactly the bar burned down ?

Gatorkicks was located on the Tamiami Trail' date=' 15690 S.W. 8th Street, Miami, FL 33194. Sadly this bar has been torn down and replaced by a housing complex. :([/quote'] Been there, done that, and have the uhh.. coffee cup. The shield shaped sign survived long after the place burned down.

• 1 year later...

Tamiami Trail - Krome Avenue and Sw8th St ( Sonny motorbike scene / old man on bridge ):D [ATTACH=CONFIG]7679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7680[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965367883_thumb.jpg

post-122-13892965369225_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The truck stop (3 thugs at gas station ) used was also at The Tamiami Trail opposite the junction used for Sonny/bridge/motorbike scene - Dade Corners it was shown as in the episode and this stop is also known as that Today at 17696 SW 8th St/ Krome Avenue. Pretty much unchanged from late 1988 when "Bad Timing" was filmed :D

• 10 months later...

Been there, done that, and have the uhh.. coffee cup. The shield shaped sign survived long after the place burned down.

Would be interested in seeing a photo on that if you have it still, or any you may have taken of the interior of the bar.

Would be interested in seeing a photo on that if you have it still, or any you may have taken of the interior of the bar.

Sorry, never took any photos.  I just remember stopping in and passing it on 41 numerous times on the way to camping/shooting in the Glades.

Brian King was the owner of Gator Kicks and was a famous photographer in Miami, he wrote and played in the band Gator Kicks. http://youtu.be/XYq7GCLlhF4 just a little over half through the video you should see a news report about Gator Kicks. The beginning is more about Mr. King and his photography business.

• Like 1

Brian King was the owner of Gator Kicks and was a famous photographer in Miami, he wrote and played in the band Gator Kicks. http://youtu.be/XYq7GCLlhF4 just a little over half through the video you should see a news report about Gator Kicks. The beginning is more about Mr. King and his photography business.

Thanks! Very cool. He's an interesting character, apparently, and more into photography than bar owning.

Nice shots of the bar toward the end and seems like a small dive bar of the type I liked to frequent.

Would have been great to have seen that place, as Jim was lucky enough to drop in there back in the hey days.

But I did have trouble with the video...it kept replaying the 80s bikini babes.  :)

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Ya that place was one of the last stands of Country/Western type music in Miami-Dade County.  I would be willing to bet there are no more like it with that type of Music. It's all changed, even Duffy's Tavern on Red Road is different.  Fortunately Mac's Club Deuce Bar on the Beach and Tobacco Road (no frills, neighborhood type, working man's bars) still exist but Tobacco Road's days are numbered.

• Like 1