94 Bad Timing

C Glide

Ya that place was one of the last stands of Country/Western type music in Miami-Dade County.  I would be willing to bet there are no more like it with that type of Music. It's all changed, even Duffy's Tavern on Red Road is different.  Fortunately Mac's Club Deuce Bar on the Beach and Tobacco Road (no frills, neighborhood type, working man's bars) still exist but Tobacco Road's days are numbered.

I need to get down there to both Tobacco Road and Mac's Club Deuce, the latter I think was used in some Vice eps?

Interesting article on Tobacco Road in Wikipedia:

Tobacco Road (bar)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Eingefügtes Bild
Eingefügtes Bild
The Tobacco Road in May 2008

The Tobacco Road is a bar in downtown Miami, Florida, United States. It is the oldest bar in the city. It opened in November 1912, is still in business,[1] and has operated nearly continuously since opening, having been shut down briefly at times for run-ins with the law, such as when the upstairs, now a live music venue, was used as a speakeasy during Prohibition. Tobacco Road is located at 626 South Miami Avenue, on the south side of the Miami River, putting it in Miami's Brickell district, where it may be classified as a classic dive bar, being popular among locals. Tobacco Road and the surrounding historic buildings were potentially going to be demolished for the construction of Brickell CitiCenter, which is scheduled to begin construction in early 2012, but they will not be, as Swire did not purchase the lots. Tobacco Road will celebrate its 100th anniversary in November 2012. However, in April 2012, an unrelated investor purchased the large riverfront lot which includes Tobacco Road, though it has been stated that Tobacco Road has a three year lease and will remain open for at least that long before the lot is developed.[2]

The Eighth Street and Fifth Street Metromover stations, as well as the Brickell Metrorail station, are located nearby.

Gallery[edit]

[*]

Eingefügtes Bild

Tobacco Road in 2011 painted pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

• Like 1

^

That bar should be designated as an historical site..it's awesome!  Why oh why do all these wonderful old buildings have to go....it's just so wrong.   ;(

• Like 3

I need to get down there to both Tobacco Road and Mac's Club Deuce, the latter I think was used in some Vice eps?

Tobacco Road was also used in Vice and can be seen as exterior in episode "Bad Timing". The area around was used as neighborhood of the Bar where Sonny met Cathleen. After the con attack on the street cops there is a scene with Castillo, Tubbs and Switek with Tobacco Road in the background.
  • Like 2

Tobacco Road was also used in Vice and can be seen as exterior in episode "Bad Timing". The area around was used as neighborhood of the Bar where Sonny met Cathleen. After the con attack on the street cops there is a scene with Castillo, Tubbs and Switek with Tobacco Road in the background.

Thanks, Tom for that info. I'll have to pay closer attention when I next watch Bad Timing. ;)

I know Mac's Club Deuce was used for an MV wrap party and if I'm not mistaken, Switek was seen in there in an ep where he is drinking heavily...Hard Knocks.

And learned it opened in 1926.

Found this review online:

Mac's Club Deuce ("The Deuce")Eingefügtes Bild

by Joseph Brown / Updated: December 12, 2011

Eingefügtes Bild

Club Deuce

Club Deuce had its fifteen minutes of fame back in the 1980s when it was selected by Miami Vice set designers for location shooting. Seems they needed a rough-and-tumble beer joint on South Beach for Don Johnson and company to bust-up during one of their episodes (Hard Knocks, 1989). The Deuce fit the bill quite nicely, since it was obviously one of those places where preppies dare not tread.

If you're looking for a place to cry in your beer and lament the woman who done you wrong while CCR blares away on the jukebox, this is it. But remember, if you walk in the door with a chip on your shoulder, you best have your Blue Cross/Blue Shield paid up.

Club Details
Rating:
Eingefügtes Bild - 4.5 stars / 168 reviews across the Web
Address:
222 14th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Phone: (305) 531-6200 Category: Neighborhood Bar Price: $ - Average cost of admission plus one cocktail Attire: Your call Payment: Cash, All Major Credit Cards Table Reserve: No Outdoor Area:
No
Parking: Parking Garage one block south Website: www.deucers.com Hours:   Mon-Su 8am - 5am

I liked the comment about having your Blue Cross health insurance paid up. :)

I do need to get to these bars before they are history.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

Thanks, Tom for that info. I'll have to pay closer attention when I next watch Bad Timing. ;)I do need to get to these bars before they are torn down.I know Mac's Club Deuce was used for a wrap party and if I'm not mistaken, Switek was seen in there in an ep where he is drinking heavily.

Club Deuce was used in Hard Knocks (interior and exterior), Honor among Thieves (exterior) and Freefall (interior).
  • Like 3

Club Deuce was used in Hard Knocks (interior and exterior), Honor among Thieves (exterior) and Freefall (interior).

Love that scene in Hard Knocks when C&T rescue Stan in Club Deuce - also enjoyed seeing The Sasson ( exterior and interior ) in this episode :fireworks:  :cheers:  :rain:  :flowers: 

Love that scene in Hard Knocks when C&T rescue Stan in Club Deuce - also enjoyed seeing The Sasson ( exterior and interior ) in this episode :fireworks:  :cheers:  :rain:  :flowers: 

If I recall correctly the scene where C&T rescue Stan was shot in Woody's not in Club Deuce. Woody's was also a major location in this ep.The Sasson was a nice hotel with good food at reasonable prices. I stayed there long time ago. It closed around the mid 90s when the developers took over everything.
  • Like 1

If I recall correctly the scene where C&T rescue Stan was shot in Woody's not in Club Deuce. Woody's was also a major location in this ep.The Sasson was a nice hotel with good food at reasonable prices. I stayed there long time ago. It closed around the mid 90s when the developers took over everything.

Great thread here about Woody's with photos  - http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1455597,page=2

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
Guest MetroVice

His wife was a real nut job... working in the yard in a dress, full makeup and pearls. As for the video, I found it interesting how the ladies aren't all tatted up the way women are today. Indeed times have changed . . .

Cool, still has the same door.  Eingefügtes Bild

Nice work Jeremy - pleased to see you working on new Vice episodes as Jim mentions.

:D  :)

Edited by Matt5

you're a magician, Jeremy!

To find this house is amazing. The house number is clearly visible but the camera shots give not away much of the surrounding that is unique.

Great job!

Thank you. I was lucky and It was easier to find than first expected but I probably had some luck thrown in to a logic approach. The big clue was of course the house number. I knew I was in the right neighborhood and was excited before I found the house due to the unique street light seen in the background as they arrive at the house. When I dropped down into a neighborhood with these unique street lights, I knew I was close. I was certainly happy to find another great MV location.

• Like 1

Zillow has real estate photos of the property on their site including interior shots but none of the exact wing where she was tied up. Can't wait till I publish this ep on my site then check out the street view and Zillow for 4001 Hardie Ave. Miami.

• Like 2

Zillow has real estate photos of the property on their site including interior shots but none of the exact wing where she was tied up. Can't wait till I publish this ep on my site then check out the street view and Zillow for 4001 Hardie Ave. Miami.

Great work Jeremy! Great location  :D  :radio:

Doing some more "work" on Bad Timing. Seeing them at Doc's house made me think that it was near Scottie's. Then I watch them leave and I see the same unique street light so I know it is the same neighborhood. Knowing how they previously liked to film at nearby residences I started at Scottie's and it took no time at all to find specially since it had the appearance of being on a corner.

Note the street light.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

As they leave we see the fence that is still there at the house next to Scottie's. Scottie's fence and gate are also still there. This house looks unchanged since bad timing.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

4020 Hardie.

• Like 2

great work as always! That ep is a master class on location clustering by the production team (and location hunting by you given Scottie´s house has been found)!

I sent you a PM on Borrasca that might help with the next ep.

great work as always! That ep is a master class on location clustering by the production team (and location hunting by you given Scottie´s house has been found)!

I sent you a PM on Borrasca that might help with the next ep.

Thank you. I agree that they made the most out of a few areas. I was thinking about that as I worked on the episode. How many scenes they filmed right next to each other but with the appearance of totally different places.