Any Magnum PI Fans?

timm525

• Administrators

Hey gang,If there are any Magnum PI fans here that want to know more about Magnum, I found an excellent web site and forum about the show.The homepage contains all kinds of info about the show and there is a link in the top left corner to their forum.If anyone has any interest, check it out.Click ---> Magnum Mania!

[url=http://magnum-mania.com/About/About_Website.html">

Magnum Mania!

Oh yeah..... I am a huge Magnum PI fan and bought the DVD set last year. Still love that show. Thanks for the link. :glossy:

[url=http://magnum-mania.com/About/About_Website.html">

Magnum Mania!

It's a pretty cool site. I joined a year ago while looking for locations of Magnum for my trip to Oahu. However, they don't tend to like MV. I posted a link to a thread over there in the "Miami Vice Vs. Magnum" thread a while back...

I loved "Magnum, p.i." growing up...just as much as "MV"!! Awesome show--and in another tropical location of Hawaii! :thumbsup:I have the complete series on DVD and love going through those, just like with "MV". I also love "Hawaii Five-0"--as it was the first crime show in Hawaii, and "Magnum" took over its production sites and studios when "5-0" went off the air.Thanks for the link and info about the "Magnum" fansite! I'll have to check it out. :clap:P.S. Comparing "Magnum" to "Matt Houston" just doesn't work. "MH" just couldn't quite find itself or get off the ground. It lasted 3 seasons but just couldn't quite come together or find its "nich." It's kind of boring at times, and very silly or ridiculous in others. I have that show too and "Magnum" blows poor "MH" out of the ocean--multiple times. ;)

I love "Magnum, P.I.", along with "Hawaii Five-O" and of course "Miami Vice." I have to admit that I watch my Vice dvds a lot more than the other two shows, but I love all three shows. Thank you for posting the link.

Best Buy has season 2,3,&4 on sale. Season 2 for $13.50, 3&4 for $9.99 each. I have the first 3 seasons, so I bought season 4 at that cheap price! It's back-ordered, but it will ship by the end of the month. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Thanks buddy, I'm missing seasons 3, 5, 6, and 8. I'll have to check it out. Great prices too.I did buy the whole series many years ago off ebay from a guy that recorded them on VHS and then transferred them to DVD. The quality is horrible and has commercials. I'm slowly replacing them.

Thanks buddy' date=' I'm missing seasons 3, 5, 6, and 8. I'll have to check it out. Great prices too.I did but the whole series many years ago off ebay from a guy that recorded them on VHS and then transferred them to DVD. The quality is horrible and has commercials. I'm slowly replacing them.[/quote']Yeah, I had the whole show on VHS tapes, that I taped reruns onto from different cable networks over the years. But, trust me the color and sound quality of the official studio DVD's are worth it!!I have the complete series on DVD and I love watching them just as much as "MV!" Different shows, but both shows were very special and unique for really going all out to create very special and unique characters. :thumbsup:"Hawaii Five-0" is also very awesome (and one of my all-time favorites like "MV" and "MPI")--and the DVD sets are regularly being released. There are so many that it's taking a while. Season 9 will be released in August--that only leaves 3 to go!

I never followed the show, but I did buy one of the famous red Hawaiian shirts in the same pattern, from the same maker he wore that you see in many photos of him.

• Administrators

Did you know that his red Hawaiian shirt, the team ring, and his Detroit Tigers baseball hat are on display at the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C.,?Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Did you know that his red Hawaiian shirt' date=' the team ring, and his Detroit Tigers baseball hat are on display at the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C.,?Pretty cool. :thumbsup:[/quote']I didn't know that.I remember that they made replica rings for the fans.I don't wear the shirt very often. I've been on this "MIAMI VICE" kick for some time now, and the Hawaiian shirt is in storage.

• Administrators

There is a custom jewler that will make you a team ring for the small fee of...only $680.00! :eek:They said that was the starting price in 10K gold. :eek:

There is a custom jewler that will make you a team ring for the small fee of...only $680.00! :eek:They said that was the starting price in 10K gold. :eek:

I think the replica was much, much cheaper.

The cross of lorraine, french foriegn legion ringEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe silver ring is under $100, the gold, under $200.

• Administrators

This is the $680.00 model.Eingefügtes BildHere is the web site you can buy it from.http://www.artist2.com/mpi.htmlBy the way: I've just talked to the owner of Magnum Mania! and he has agreed to put a link to our Miami Vice site on his page and we have put a link to his site in our links section on the homepage! This was done as a way to expand both our memberships since both were very popular 80's shows with a similar theme.

This is the $680.00 model.Eingefügtes BildHere is the web site you can buy it from.http://www.artist2.com/mpi.htmlBy the way: I've just talked to the owner of Magnum Mania! and he has agreed to put a link to our Miami Vice site on his page and we have put a link to his site in our links section on the homepage! This was done as a way to expand both our memberships since both were very popular 80's shows with a similar theme.

Nice ring.Cool that you shared links.We are STILL pretty low on the totem pole as far a MIAMI VICE FAN SITES go. We are like 8 spots down still...........

• Administrators

Well that should start to change for the better here.The new software has a search engine optimizer (SEO) that will help us with that.Also, if we merge the boards, the added traffic along with our .com domain will also help to increase our hits and improve our ranking.

Awesome pictures of the "Magnum" rings!You can get a Hawaiian shirt just like Magnum's on ebay. Yeah, last I heard his original shirt worn on the show (and some other memoribailia) was in a museum somewhere. It's totally fitting that it's in the museum of American History--I'd love to see that! :)You can also get a 1:18 diecast model of Magnum's red Ferrari 308 on ebay! I have one of Crockett's Ferrari Testarossa...so Magnum's 308 is next! :clap:I will have to check out the "Magnum" fansite sometime...I can only handle one or 2 fansites at a time though :). Right now I'm in a "MV" mood again and so I'm posting a lot here right now. I also am a member of a "Hunter" fansite and even a "Charlie's Angels" one. "Magnum" will probably be next! :thumbsup:"Magnum, p.i." is one show that could do an awesome reunion movie!! Tom still looks awesome for his age--and as far as I know the rest of the cast (including John Hillerman--Higgins) is still alive too. If they had the "right" script...it would be awesome to find out what Magnum was up to after 22 years. :thumbsup:

• Administrators

You can also buy "Magnum Gear" here. Cool link to web sites that sell all stuff Magnum.Click ---> here

You can also buy "Magnum Gear" here. Cool link to web sites that sell all stuff Magnum.Click ---> here

I checked out the site. If I were a fan (didn't watch the show), I'd be in heaven.The red shirt is what I have from the maker PARADISE FOUND.I've thought about putting up some MIAMI VICE gear and items in a COOP'S GENERAL STORE on this site. Must admit, it's just an idea. I wonder if it would fly?

Only way to know is to try it.

I'd need approval for such a thing tim, as members most certainly would love it, but I would be making money on it. Not sure that would fly.