• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• KaeptnCaipi

• timm525

• Mr. Calderon

• Administrators
Hmm never noticed that before' date=' I'm for it as long as both the us and german one can keep there respective banners.[/quote'] Yes this will be possible. You can choose the style you want. Our .ws style or the .info style.

Sounds interesting! :thumbsup:I think it's a good idea to become one large community and if this can make admins/mods save time and money and do their (excellent!) jobs more easily I don't see why we shouldn't try.How will we be called? .ws? .info? .com? .whatever? :confused:

• Administrators

How will we be called? .ws? .info? .com? .whatever? :confused:

The main domain will be www.miamiviceonline.com. We use this domain already for our existing forum here. Our .ws domain is just a redirection to our .com domain.We can still use all domains we have .info .ws .com but we'll see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I would love to see a cool splash page like when you first go to www.miami-vice.info' date=' that rocks.[/quote'] Well, that's up to Shill. As far as I can remember he did the flash intro. We can use this one or let's ask Shill if he can do a new one.

• Administrators

I'm sure we can get shill to work some more of his magic! ;)

• Administrators

Forum integrationJust an forum integration progress update:The past few days I did some work on the forum integrations. I created a new german portal site and a sub-forum for the german forums and threads from .info.Every user is free to chose the board language and the style he likes. Just take a look at the yellow footer bar. There you can select the style and language.The style changes automatically in the german portal site and the german sub-forum.

Is there a bug in the system? All of a sudden when I look at the index, the forums and sub-forums from both.Ws/INFO are all listed together.I thought we were going to keep them separate? :confused:P.S. Cool banner you have on the German Portal. :daumenrauf:Hmmm..... another thing I noticed while I was typing this is some of the gator emoticons appear in German when I click on them. These two in particular: :daumenrauf: :daumenrunter:

• Administrators
Is there a bug in the system? All of a sudden when I look at the index' date=' the forums and sub-forums from both.Ws/INFO are all listed together.I thought we were going to keep them separate? :confused:P.S. Cool banner you have on the German Portal. :daumenrauf:Hmmm..... another thing I noticed while I was typing this is some of the gator emoticons appear in German when I click on them. These two in particular: :daumenrauf: :daumenrunter:[/quote'] I'm just testing some import things. The german sub-forums are not moved to the correct position yet. Give me five more minutes and everything will work.Info: This is not the final forum merger, it's just a test.I'll take a look at the smilies.

• Administrators

OK the forums should look better now. I'm working on the smilies.

• Administrators

P.S. Cool banner you have on the German Portal.

If you like it you can change the banner. Lower left hand corner of the page. Click the dropdown box and choose .info style!

If you like it you can change the banner. Lower left hand corner of the page. Click the dropdown box and choose .info style!

I just changed it after reading your post.I hope THAT stays. :klatsch:It's pretty slick.

If you like it you can change the banner. Lower right hand corner of the page. Click the dropdown box and choose .info style!

Cool! Thanks, F-Man! :thumbsup:

I dig the Vicemail banner TONS. Now that I'm getting better with photo software (just lousy MS PictureIt, not Photoshop), maybe I'll make an underwater scuba Vice...

Hey F.M.U definitely have my vote on the merge proposition. I know that u guys have a very good thing going here, so good luck and a big THANX for what u guys do for us Vice fanatics to enjoy.

• Administrators

You're very welcome! We do it all cause we're fanatics too! ;)Stick around, we're just gettin' started!

• 4 months later...

I thought we were merged since Ferrariman came here.But what do you mean with merge? We will have a topic in english and the next answer is in german?

• Administrators

No. Each language has it's own forum.If you look at the top, there is a tab for English and one for German. Each member then selects the language they want.The home page is a combination of the two. It has the last 5 posts from each language/forum on it.We are really one forum with two languages/sections.

Well....just one suggestion...maybe im getting antitech or maybe getting old, but sometimes i think the navigation a bit confuse to reach more easily to the part i want. Usually i stick with some main topics on the home screen. Or maybe its something im not very used to and ill have to deal with.

• Administrators

Hey Mr. C. I've been here daily for almost 3 years now and I still get lost at times. A lot of that is because we're constantly upgrading and improving and just when you start finding your way around something changes. Practice man, practice! :daumenrauf: