RARE DON JOHNSON 1988 CAST & CREW GIFT (LEATHER BOUND) PILOT SCRIPT!

COOPER&BURNETT

This is an original script from the pilot episode professionally bound in a heavy leather cover.

This was put together, and given as a Christmas gift made just for members of the crew and staff in 1988 from DON JOHNSON. It's in mint condition. This came from the personal collection of the driver of the wardrobe motorhome for MIAMI VICE, my friend, JOE TRIPI. Joe was a teamster driver, and worked for the series from season 2 thru 5.

LEATHER%20003_zpsqvddbytn.jpg

Another MiamiViceOnline Exclusive!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

oh dang!!!! no way!!! That's awsome!!!

Thank you! I take great pride in owning this item. It's fun to read some lines and things that were omitted from the final cut.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Wow Cooper!!!!:eek:....I am always AMAZED at the things you manage to get your hands on. This is AWESOME!!!!:clap::clap: I can't wait till you post the rest of it.

Major cool dude!Thanks for posting buddy. :thumbsup:

Tim, this is the first of about 15 items that I am going to post that are rare, vintage items from the cast and crew. Most, if not all have never been seen before outside of the vice film crews. Some are ONE OF A KINDS also. If you all want to see more stuff,....let me know!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Guest The Talk

It's fun to read some lines and things that were omitted from the final cut.

I like to read all those text passages besides the dialogues. :glossy:

I would to so' date=' too. This is great! :thumbsup: I like to read all those text passages besides the dialogues. :glossy:[/quote']

The text passages are also very descriptive. I like to also read about the scenes that were dropped.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Very cool! Have you considered to open the MV Museum?

Yes, I have considered it. I have many more things to show you, so keep your eyes open for them! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's some interesting things. It appears that the song that De Soto sings is not the one he is heard singing in the episode, but....

100_0748.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

In this scene near the end of the episode when Trini De Soto gets shot and killed, look what car he's driving.

100_0749.jpg

When Crockett follows Leon Jefferson, and tell's him to feed his face, it says the car is a FERRARI DAYTONA SPIDER.Two different cars?

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's another scene that was omitted.

100_0750.jpg100_0751.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

What a great find!You amaze me every time!Thanks for sharing :flowers: (again)It is really fun and interesting to read!

Thanks! I have about 15 more items to share. Don't want to do it all at once.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's Joe Tripi's initials embossed in gold in the lower right corner of the cover. Every recipient of this script had thier initials embossed in the thick leather cover.

100_0746.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

So the Daytona was going to be a bad guys car originally?Wonder if it was supposed to get repossed and given to Crockett in "Heart Of Darkness" to coinside with the first apperance of the Bren Ten ala "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" and "Stones War" with the TestarossaJust putting this out here it seems like I always learn something new whenever I visit here.

So the Daytona was going to be a bad guys car originally?Wonder if it was supposed to get repossed and given to Crockett in "Heart Of Darkness" to coinside with the first apperance of the Bren Ten ala "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" and "Stones War" with the TestarossaJust putting this out here it seems like I always learn something new whenever I visit here.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I made myself clear. Crockett gets out of the Ferrari daytona, in the script, and in the pilot, and jumps in Leon's Benz. That scene stays correct. However, when he drives to save TUBBS in the alley from Trini De Soto, he specificlly drives a Porsche.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT