RARE DON JOHNSON 1988 CAST & CREW GIFT (LEATHER BOUND) PILOT SCRIPT!

COOPER&BURNETT

Yes' date=' like how when Zito died, they didn't hire anyone new and handed double the workload over to Switek. It's no wonder his gambling problem got to him down the road ... wasn't he denied a promotion/raise at one point?[/quote']Yes. He was denied a promotion/raise. I think Castillo told him he was the best at what he does, but it didn't make him feel any better.I think your reasoning about the Daytona being a car that is recognizeable for Crockett is correct, and the real reason he had only one car.

Yes. He was denied a promotion/raise. I think Castillo told him he was the best at what he does' date=' but it didn't make him feel any better.I think your reasoning about the Daytona being a car that is recognizeable for Crockett is correct, and the real reason he had only one car.[/quote'] I still can't decide if painting the Testarossa white was a good idea, or should they have just kept it black like the Daytona Spyder since it was so iconic ...

I still can't decide if painting the Testarossa white was a good idea' date=' or should they have just kept it black like the Daytona Spyder since it was so iconic ...[/quote']Well, the reason they did it was because it was hard to see them in the car during night shots during tests.What would have been cool was have Straman professionally remove the roof, and make it a convertible, and keep it black, with the tan interior. I've seen it black with the top off, and it's really sweet looking!:thumbsup:

Well' date=' the reason they did it was because it was hard to see them in the car during night shots during tests.What would have been cool was have Straman professionally remove the roof, and make it a convertible, and keep it black, with the tan interior. I've seen it black with the top off, and it's really sweet looking!:thumbsup:[/quote']Eingefügtes Bild

Did the script happen to include the location sheets?

No. I wish it did, because I would have been able to help you with locations.

I guess they kept him with the Ferrari to give the viewer something to identify Crockett with' date=' and vice versa. Too confusing to have him driving different cars everywhere.[/quote'] I got the chance to meet Chuck Norris on the set of WALKER, TEXAS RANGER. They told me they had three Dodge Ram trucks so that they could use doubles to stand in for Chuck filming establishing shots (the characters going into a specific location). Later they were able to show the truck parked outside a location to establish it.MV didn't seem to do that, but the unique cars did establish right away which characters were in the scene. Everyone had a car that was unique to their character (except Trudy, as I recall).

I got the chance to meet Chuck Norris on the set of WALKER' date=' TEXAS RANGER. They told me they had three Dodge Ram trucks so that they could use doubles to stand in for Chuck filming establishing shots (the characters going into a specific location). Later they were able to show the truck parked outside a location to establish it.MV didn't seem to do that, but the unique cars did establish right away which characters were in the scene. Everyone had a car that was unique to their character (except Trudy, as I recall).[/quote'] Didn't they use doubles for establishing shots on MV, though? I can think of two Sonny "silhouettes" that don't look like Don Johnson: -During the Red 7 "Heartbeat" montage in Nobody Lives Forever; that's not DJ on the boat;-And The Home Invaders, when Sonny is driving around town asking questions, there's a quick shot of the Ferrari to Jan Hammer's "Clues." That's not Don Johnson either. The guy's profile is different.Both of these episodes were filmed back-to-back, so I'm wondering if a second unit went around with a double to save time.

Didn't they use doubles for establishing shots on MV' date=' though? I can think of two Sonny "silhouettes" that don't look like Don Johnson: -During the Red 7 "Heartbeat" montage in Nobody Lives Forever; that's not DJ on the boat;-And The Home Invaders, when Sonny is driving around town asking questions, there's a quick shot of the Ferrari to Jan Hammer's "Clues." That's not Don Johnson either. The guy's profile is different.Both of these episodes were filmed back-to-back, so I'm wondering if a second unit went around with a double to save time.[/quote']Yes, both DJ and PMT had doubles who did some of the 2nd unit stuff and stunts. There is a thread about the guy who was DJ's standin for those sequences, and the guy who stood in for PMT also played his brother in the pilot.

Yes' date=' both DJ and PMT had doubles who did some of the 2nd unit stuff and stunts. There is a thread about the guy who was DJ's standin for those sequences, and the guy who stood in for PMT also played his brother in the pilot.[/quote']Bobby J. Foxworth was Don Johnson's stunt double, and Ernest Robinson was PMT's stunt double. They can be seen quite a bit in ONE EYED JACK when they have the fight and fall down the stairs in the teaser.

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/vbglossar.php?do=showcat&catid=26Here ya go!I've missed you Cheetah! Please don't be gone so long. I get worried.

Thanks, Coop! :)Funny, you're not the first person who thinks I "was gone"... was I? :confused: I haven't noticed... maybe just didn't feel like talking a lot, or didn't found any topics of my interest... :confused: But thanks for your concern anyway. :)

Thanks' date=' Coop! :)Funny, you're not the first person who thinks I "was gone"... was I? :confused: I haven't noticed... maybe just didn't feel like talking a lot, or didn't found any topics of my interest... :confused: But thanks for your concern anyway. :)[/quote']Hey...we luv ya! :happy::clap:

• 4 years later...

LEATHER%20003_zpsqvddbytn.jpg

More vintage MIAMI VICE items from the production is still coming! Being a "member" (of this site) has it's privileges!

• Like 1

:eek: GOSH ! :eek:

I never found this thread before!
What an item !!! :thumbsup:  :fireworks:

What meaning behind all with this pilot script.
So thankful you did put it up again, Coop.

That's an incredible collectible !!!

I've eaten up each of these images and the added words.
Tell me a fool but this is one of these things I simply would like to stroke/touch for one time.

BRAVO Coop. :clap: 

• Like 1

Have to come back...

So thankful you showed this !
This item is so very special  
Would not have thought, that Don just THIS... gave to the crew and cast in a time as all was not much liked with him anymore.
In a way like a sign what could tell:
BRING BACK THE TIME WE STARTED !!!
  • Like 1

I've never seen one before! That's how RARE it is! What a great gift from Don Johnson!

I've decided to "revisit" a few of my MIAMI VICE items for a couple of reasons.

Number one, several members (like yourself) have thanked me for doing it, as they haven't seen some of these items I posted before, so it's new to them. We also have newer members who will want to see it.

Number two, Sometimes, I update the threads with newer, clearer pictures. 

Number three, It's the first time that Facebook users actually see these items when I "revisit" these posts. I want more members, and people to see these items.

I KNEW you'd like it bluepearl, as it's a historic part of MIAMI VICE history, and it has a DON JOHNSON connection!

Kind remarks, and posts just motivate me...

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Needless to say, another great - absolutely exclusive find, Coop. Yep, this database and - most of all - your collection are huge.

So many many items, news, posts can actually get "lost" in this sea of informations (it would take me a lifetime to browse and read each and every post). I see, if I post something, it disappears from the index page in half a day, which means just one thing: this group is fu**in' alive!

For the same reason, is so easy to miss important updates or contributions. Bringing your posts back once in a while is a great way to let everybody know about them.

Keep up the good work, pal ;-)

• Like 2

I'm Extremely happy that everyone is happy with my findings, and postings! I try to keep you entertained. It takes me a huge amount of personal time, and money...but I do it for you.

As a fan, I would wish someone would do this for me, so I'll be that guy for you.

Your Pal,

COOP