RARE DON JOHNSON 1988 CAST & CREW GIFT (LEATHER BOUND) PILOT SCRIPT!

COOPER&BURNETT

Thanks for sharing!It was such fun to see it! :thumbsup::flowers::fireworks:

I'll post items one by one. Plus, I'll see if I can find more interesting things in the original pilot script that didn't make it into the episode. (Just browsing, I have found many line changes.)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

WOW!!!! :eek::clap::glossy: I'm totally speechless. By the way... is your friend' date=' who gave you this wonderful item, a member here?[/quote']

No, he isn't a member here. I haven't asked him if he wants to yet. I will though. He's quite computer savy. He told me driving as a teamster for the series, "I had a great time, and was paid well too! HA!" DJAngel has photos of the WARDROBE motorhome in her postings.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

THAT IS REALLY A PIECE OF HISTORY, AND ONE OF ITS KIND, MILIONS OF PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO PUT THEIR HAMNDS ON IT AND READ IT!!! I WAS READING A FEW TIME THE PAGES YOU CPIED, WHEN YOU WATCH THE MOVIE YOU DONT CATCH ALL THOSE THINGS THEY DESCRIBED IN THE SCRIPT, ACTOR CAN SHOW ONLY SO MANY THING IN EACH SECOND BUT THE SCRIPT DISECTS LIKE A PICTURE EVVERY MOMENT EVERY EMOTION, EVERY FROWN THEY MAKE....WOW.....I HOPE ONE DAY THEY WILL PUBLISH IT AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, OR MAYBE MIAMI VICE IN FORM OF A BOOK -I WOULD LOVE IT.WHAT YOU HAVE WILL AND ALREADY HAS QUITE A HISTORICAL VALUE!!! NICE!!!

Thank you!I take great pride in owning this item. It's fun to read some lines and things that were omitted from the final cut.

Does anyone on this site have a reproduction copy of the pilot script? I'd like to know if the reproduction versions are the same as the Original.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Does anyone on this site have a reproduction copy of the pilot script?I'd like to know if the reproduction versions are the same as the Original.

If you do have a script copy, please go to the scenes I posted, and compare the lines to see if they match. I'm wondering if this is a different, earlier version of the script, or is it the same? This one has about 5 revisions.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's a portion of Corky's first dialog. As you can tell, the words are a bit different than was said in the filmed version. Also, .....He doesn't say "man" after every other word like in the episode.

100_0754.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Does anyone on this site have a reproduction copy of the pilot script?I'd like to know if the reproduction versions are the same as the Original.

What! You mean YOU don't have one of those? I'm disappointed. :)

What! You mean YOU don't have one of those? I'm disappointed. :)

Sorry, but I held out for the real thing. :)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

According to the script, the classic scene where Crockett and Tubbs drive at night in the Daytona (to the tune of IN THE AIR TONIGHT) ......was stated as being the PORSCHE!!

There are SO MANY interesting things in this script that is so facinating. It's how it was originally concieved. There is a bit more back story, and a bit of differences in the Crockett / Gina love story. Cut scenes, lost dialog, interesting factoids. Lots of great stuff within these pages! :clap: (if your good......I might share them with you.)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Turns out Rockwell's song, "(I always feel like) SOMEBODY'S WATCHING ME" was not the original song choice for Tubbs to sing and dance to as the pilot was written.

100_0757.jpgEven more interesting findings are coming.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Turns out Rockwell's song' date=' "(I always feel like) SOMEBODY'S WATCHING ME" was not the original song choice for Tubbs to sing and dance to as the pilot was written.Even more interesting findings are coming.[/quote'] Mmm I think Rockwell was the beter choice.

Mmm I think Rockwell was the beter choice.

Rockwell was by FAR a better choice! It's hard to be a "twinkle toes" dancing to Electric Avenue. You CAN dance to SOMEBODY'S WATCHING ME. That song changed the feel of the whole scene. That's the magic of MIAMI VICE. Keep checking back, as I'm going to continue posting stuff from the original script that was changed from the final product. Keep checking back. :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

No I can't' date=' but PMT could. :)[/quote']

I meant in theory. :)

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

In this scene, Leon Jefferson is shot by Trini DeSoto in a DIFFERENT location.......Page 1 of 3

100_0759.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Really great stuff C&B' date=' thank you so much!!!!!!!![/quote']Your welcome Marilyn!! :thumbsup:Do you want more??