RARE DON JOHNSON 1988 CAST & CREW GIFT (LEATHER BOUND) PILOT SCRIPT!

COOPER&BURNETT

You know the answer to that question...:DMore...MORE!!!

O.K., let me post a real good one for you.

This one is just for you Marilyn! Here is a interesting, fairly big scene that was cut from the episode. This takes place right after Crockett and Tubbs leave Trini DeSoto, and Crockett says "Gives new meaning to the word "alien". C'mon, let's blow this pop stand."

100_0762.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Maybe this scene didn't make it because it was to much politics for the pilot?

Sounds plausible. But it is "MW humour", I can totally visualise this scene!

Maybe this scene didn't make it because it was to much politics for the pilot?

Well, we now know how Crockett feels about this subject, but I'm kinda thinking it was omitted because it was not relevant to the story, and doesn't propel the story forward, and it takes up time in a tight scheduled two hour alotted TV show.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Well' date=' we now know how Crockett feels about this subject, but I'm kinda thinking it was omitted because it was not relevant to the story, and doesn't propel the story forward, and it takes up time in a tight scheduled two hour alotted TV show.[/quote'] That could be the cause.I am just wondering if the scene was shot and maybe later not included in the ending montage of the ep. Or just never made it in to filming.

That could be the cause.I am just wondering if the scene was shot and maybe later not included in the ending montage of the ep. Or just never made it in to filming.

I'm guessing it was never filmed, but then again, I have no idea.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Electric avenue? good god that would have been silly!I wonder why they kept hopping from a porsche to the daytona, maybe Michael Mann was looking into it at the time and it wasnt finallized till right before shootinghell I'd still like to know who in the hell in miami had a real one, let them borrow it for this one scene and where is it now!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Good point Kavinsky.Here is the actual writing in the pilot of the photo scene you posted.

100_0758.jpg

I don't know why they switched off. Perhaps Crockett had a couple sports cars to choose from. He drove a Porsche in DELIVER US FROM EVIL in the scene from 1980 I think, so he did have one at one time.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Fantastic stuff Coop! :clap: :clap: :clap::thumbsup: :thumbsup:I'm also glad they didn't use Electric Avenue in that scene. Can't stand that song! Have you ever tried to watch the pilot while reading it at the same time?

Fantastic stuff Coop! :clap: :clap: :clap::thumbsup: :thumbsup:I'm also glad they didn't use Electric Avenue in that scene. Can't stand that song! Have you ever tried to watch the pilot while reading it at the same time?

No, I haven't. But I know the show, and lines by heart, so I don't really need to do that. Frey, I plan to post more scenes on here, so keep checking in!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Stop it Coop what hope do you give us mere mortals when you give pulling stuff like this out of your Wazoo.:):)

....and just think.........I still have more stuff to share covering several spectrums. ;):thumbsup:

This stuff is very interesting.....thanks' date=' Coop! :thumbsup:[/quote']Your welcome Tony D.I have even more suprises in store for you.

Remember this scene in the pilot?Keep reading.There was additional dialog in the original pilot script further on that didn't appear in the final cut.Eingefügtes Bild