SUNNY SAN DIEGO!

VinceLombard

GREETINGS FROM SO CALI'S SUNNY DIEGO, UNFORTUNETLY NOT QUITE MIAMI (I WISH, SOMETIMES I REGRET I DIDNT MOVE THERE, ALTHOUGH I'VE HEARD THEY ARE A LITTLE SIMILIAR :tasse_prost: )

GREETINGS FROM SO CALI'S SUNNY DIEGO' date=' UNFORTUNETLY NOT QUITE MIAMI (I WISH, SOMETIMES I REGRET I DIDNT MOVE THERE, ALTHOUGH I'VE HEARD THEY ARE A LITTLE SIMILIAR :tasse_prost: )[/quote'] Welcome to a great site about a great show .:DI love San Diego and was there last year.

Welcome VinceLombard, you made the right choice in joining our community, you'll love it here!

anybody else from SD?

I'm from Italy but there are some relatives of mine that live in San Diego (Zoo): Bai Yun, Gao Gao, Zhen Zhen, Yun Zi.... Have you met them already? :)

GREETINGS FROM SO CALI'S SUNNY DIEGO

Cool.The weather and palm trees and vibe of San Diego did remind me of Miami when I was there in the '80s.

ha ha .. good one, lol :)

Welcome VinceLombard' date=' you made the right choice in joining our community, you'll love it here!I'm from Italy but there are some relatives of mine that live in San Diego (Zoo): Bai Yun, Gao Gao, Zhen Zhen, Yun Zi.... Have you met them already? :)[/quote']

Exactly, I always wondered how similiar it is?

Cool.The weather and palm trees and vibe of San Diego did remind me of Miami when I was there in the '80s.

Exactly' date=' I always wondered how similiar it is?[/quote'] Quite. Just take away the large Cuban-American population, and the rest is pretty similar, near the ocean, palm trees, warm, close to southern tip of the state, area that attracts older people and retired, major drug and smuggling ops going on in the '80s and now, etc.

I lived there four years. Sadly, most of the time I was on travel. Ocean Beach, baby!!!! Summer festival coming up in a few days, don't miss it!

Ok I see, instead of the Cuban population we have large Mexican-American population, their culture, architecture, foods, etc. And we are the main drug smuggling point of entry from Mexico and their drug cartells (especially lately in the news and press).Just our water and weather much colder, also I've heard it's more of a small city feel than Miami -atraciton and night-life-wise?

Quite. Just take away the large Cuban-American population' date=' and the rest is pretty similar, near the ocean, palm trees, warm, close to southern tip of the state, area that attracts older people and retired, major drug and smuggling ops going on in the '80s and now, etc.[/quote']