• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ViceFanMan

• Kavinsky

• Stinger390X

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/Chevrolet_Corvette_blue_vr_EMS.jpg/800px-Chevrolet_Corvette_blue_vr_EMS.jpgand the 57's in red and white with a fulie engine, 60 was too overchromed honestly, a pet peeve of mine considering how much nicer cars with just the right balance of chrome look to me

sorry about the generic happy music in advancecompared to others that donthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAaF4oe9c8Malthough I know the latter ones of the C1 were famous for being used on Route 66' replaced every year with the latter model like on the rockford files with his eternally suffering firebird esprit
and I dont know why but with the 60' model Corvette I always think of Elvis, just seems like the one he'd drive and it really does look like a jukebox on the interior lol
funny thing is with the earlier ones while the bodies arent my taste half of the time (mostly the colors I think, color choice is EVERYTHING on a classic car, that and period correct tires, rims) I love the interior on them
that C2 though Perfecto save for the wood wheel, also had this playing in the background, really works well with it
after the doors die down, also I would go with a blackwood rimmed wheel to match the interior but have the feel of nice wood preserved, looks like it might have been a 63' that had its split window removed by the way as there's a space in the trim probably where the pillar would have gone.then in the middle 70's the interior lost its style and just started looking kinda meh, kinda why the daytona resonates so well with me, its like the corvette got its grove back interior wisewith a nicer looking body on it than the 81 it was based on, which was my least favorite of the C3 runkind of the one corvette that does everything right as I hate carpet covered kicker panels and cheap wood like some of the mopars and the Corvette C3's sometimes hadat 1:24
look at how cheap and wrong that slapped on carpet looks, totally at odds with the rest of the door as its not balanced out properly, but the wood can be forgiven as that is period and sometimes works like on the Kowalski Challenger but only just as they look so much better without the faux wood 90% of the time
and then the Corvette C3's center console which looks alright, not pretty but alrightsurprised someone hasnt done up one with actual higher grade quality wood honestly, not this plywood plastic imitation just with the same gloss level rather than high grade polished woodI dont know with the tail lights I had forgotten something the 1994 ZR1 differentiated itself from the stock one by having square tail lights but even then for the standard it still was cicularEingefügtes Bildso they did change that for that one but that was a special edition, not the stock one and even then this still looks more corvette than what they did and also I remember a GM representive saying just that, they ARE tail lights off of the modern camaro so it might be a cost savings thing as it sounded like in the redesign thing that they were working with a very tight budget overhauling the C7.
not the kind of thing you want to hear, honestly when you think about it the redesign seems more like a C6 that spent a few months in the windtunnel and at the engineering plant, then restyled to look more european along with a better interiorgiven the depressurising vents behind the front and rear wheels which is what those things next to the tail lights are in the rear, and as they say in the Superbird video there they did the same thing with the race version of that one.ment to pull the car closer to the ground and reduce upward pressure, I dont know maybe this is the start of some new fad or something with vents and the likenever thought I'd see the day when thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVV_COOey0Ebecomes reality really, although they also supposedly had those vents on the early Shelby 350 mustang from the middle 60's that became non fuctional as the years went on, namely in 67'Still though with that mustang front end deal with the grill like an old boss mustang
and restyling the blacked out carbon fiber look on the back end to balance it out like the TR the car could look a hell of alot better in those departments with some minor changesits got potential to look better and maybe with a different style of tail lights accepted is what I'm saying, but at present black out the grill and the tail lights when looking at it if you like the rest of the car.but still chances are I'd NEVER buy one either way even with those mods, I just dont like the thing at all.and honestly I hope it bombs so I dont have to look at it anymore, even though there are some I dont care for in the corvette line up like a C4, a 1981 C3 and the bone stock C6 I can still see growing to like themthat C7 though I can just never see myself liking it, I mean there is nothing sexy and sleak looking once you try and put it in bright colors tooEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildWay too many black accents another pet peeve of mine, makes it look like someone left the blinds or a heater vent open on the sides rather than an organic part of the carand I bet you 95% of the orders are going to be in grey just because of that and the design just being meh form over functionand that's why if you do a design prototype, you always paint it white or a bright red first, not latter to see how it looks in total and Thus this is why you gotta pay attention to the small details, there the difference between a C7 and a nice looking car.as the C7, its just a car and when someone says that as a car enthusiast you've failed, bottom line and that's JUST a car.hell I feel like Clarkson looking at it and I hate saying this but its a V8 Hipster mobile nowworst part is that WAS there target audience and there probably going to buy it up like the dickens.sorry for those who like it but its just the way it feels, I feel the same way I feel about the new JJ enterprise, I want the old one back with some minor mods to it to make it seem more aerodynamic or muscular like with the C6 ZR1Eingefügtes Bildnow there was a nice looking car, pitty they cant put the C7 interior in that one and make that the stock corvette from now on like Lamborghini did with that Special million dollar Lamborghini Reventón that got turned into the aventadorEingefügtes Bildat 700K less lol man those guys got SCREWEDnot start from scratch with the C6 stock model which lacked muscle and style and go from there, you know if you have a good thing why not improve on it not throw it away and start with a lesser model?hell like the BMW M3, that thing still looks good as that was the one car Bangler didnt mess with and start over with, instead just did some minor aerodynamic changes to it to modernize it and it looks FINEEingefügtes Bild and that's what the corvette needed to do, say **** that and stick to its guns not embrace this new out of its mind era of glowy garrish crap and this obsession with aerodynamics which ends with you driving around in a round ball or a dorky smart car in 20 years.Hmph seems like that cuture is getting into everything I love recently too, tv shows, cars, guns, games, movies, even music, namely that dubstep stuff that sounds like there trying to blow out your eardrumshmph maybe I should do a little preemptive investing in that regard, invest in a hearing aid company, especially with those ghetto gangbangers blasting the music loud enough to damage the car interior and windows....but that is where it ends really, a round ball or a smart car I mean mechanical and electrical progress is at its zenith right now and hybrids are a legit good idea that should be incorporated into them to make it easier to live and enjoy a powerful car without having the bill kill you or that engine shut off thing the new corvette and viper have with the cylindersbut with styling everything's been done, stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just make a nice car that the designer likes, a designer with good taste though, not some hipster idiot who thinks the JJ abrams apple store from hell is how all sci fi ships should look now.(funny with that I was like okay that looks okay but sort of ugly in the 09' film but now the more I think about that new enterprise the more I hate it and want the old one back lol I'll probably be cheering when they destroy in the film in a few weeks unlike the old one in ST3)and sadly the corvette has gone to the dark side, with the viper atleast I can see what there trying to do, bring it up to par and make it more muscular, its not beautiful but its still a viper, just one that has fully embraced its axe murderer character
and as long as they ditch the blacked out color difference front end, the only place where that really looks good on a car is above the front of the car and maybe the roof and mirrors partly if done rightgive it PROPER viper fangs like the viper tv show car and fix the mirrors (wayy too high up on the body and need to be further back a touch, they stick out instead of flow with the body) and loose the Christmas LED lights. but other than that I mean its body does really look like the snake now and I think its eventually going to be accepted as the first gens were because of thathttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viperidaeand I like that snake theme thing, its got a purpose unlike the corvette, its just needs a few little tweaks to set it off that could easily be done by the aftermarket peoplethe corvette though call a doctor, I think its going to need some serious surgery, especially if I think what's going to happen with it happensnamely the corvette fan base that has been with it for awhile thinks what I think and goes over to the new viper instead and why wouldnt you if you had the dosh? plus GM is run by some new auto union that has a pretty poor reputation with quality apparently and I heard some of the corvette guys on the forum and the ferrari chat section for it talking about how that makes them very uneasy about the new car.while mopar is owned by Fiat now, who have turned ferrari from a custom car manufacturer to a full scale top of the line quality kamakazi machine since 1973 and made such cars as the 308, TR, F355 and well alot of ground breaking cars under there run.to say the least if they can keep the quality and reliability up along with getting the prices reasonable for a mopar GM's gonna bite the dust in 10 years.hell if it wasnt for the government they would have alreadyWith the rolls actually yeah it does seem like the 300, with the retro you gotta do a good mix of the the new with the old though, that's why the Camaro even though well the A pillar really blocks your vision I do like the new external designkinda the same reason why I bought a benchmade megumi knife, its a mix of old and new, steel, carbon fiber and rosewood
its smaller than it looks though, but I still love it, mind you I didnt buy it from them I got it out of some knife catalog I get that has randals in it as well, havent seen it or the spyderco in it since the start of the year though.guess I ordered it just in time last year lolbut like I said no need to reinvent the wheel just take what's been done and just do something new with it, goes with anything, theres no need to ground break as everythings been done just improve upon what is there and make it your ownyou know what would you do differently, what irked you about the old one that you more or less loved but has dated since thenthats kind of why retro can really work and sometimes not so much, just like customization you gotta find just the right person to do the work or the design as no two designers are alike hell while I think the challenger needs work (it just seems kinda fat, blocky and wide while the old one seemed more nimbile and curvy in its design and smaller) Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildlike almost they gave it a superdeformed treatment on the sides of the 70' and like it needs to go on a diet, note the front end, the new one has no chin and doesnt slope on the sides at all on the bottomanyways I do like what they did with the headlights and the grill, the 1970 model had one headlight further in than the other, the inner most onewhich was changed time and time again between 1971 to 1974Eingefügtes Bild70 - 71 being the best72 not so much....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/%2772_Dodge_Challenger_%28Rigaud%29.jpg/780px-%2772_Dodge_Challenger_%28Rigaud%29.jpginstead on the new one they rigged it up so there both level and it looks better, the design of the new one just needs some more definition and maybe to be made a touch or so thinner in the middle to give it a nicer lookplus it would help gas mileage, like try and make a duster/baby version of it.but like the Cougar and the 49 Mecury there there is potental for a new version using a mix of old and new, it'll just take a talented person to make it real and get it right and that takes time and money along with visionsomething car companies are drastically lacking in along with alot of other things.
Yeah, some Corvettes I liked better than others. I loved the 50's and early 60's design...again the 58 being my favorite. But, I liked Vettes pretty much until the last...say 10 years or so. Then, in my opinion, they just kind of took on this "fat butt" look...like they'd been getting their gas at McDonalds. :p However, in the past year or so a newer Corvette Gran Sport Convertible was showcased on the new "Dallas", on TNT. It was black and around a 2011. It was pretty cool.I also like the new Challengers...but they are more "boxier" than the original models. I love the pics of original Challengers you provided...especially the red one! That's the "dream" Challenger! :thumbsup: Those, and the early 70's Plymouth Roadrunners (like Daisy Duke's yellow ones on "Dukes of Hazzard" before she got her ugly-a** Jeep :thumbsdown:) were awesome! :D Check it out: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7930[/ATTACH]HOT....from both "ends"! :happy: Daisy and her 1973 Plymouth RoadrunnerI do wish, though, someone would take the Cougar and come back with it in a retro model (say one that resembled Gina's 71)...but not make it boxier like the Challenger. But, that would mean to bring back Mercury...and I don't think Ford is considering that. But, if they did it could resemble something like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7931[/ATTACH]1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible

post-483-13892965590652_thumb.jpg

post-483-13892965590997_thumb.jpg

7931[/ATTACH]1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible

Oh YEH!!!If they brought back a retro like that...nice Magnum ralley wheels with 15's and the similar shape, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!Almost bought a Challenger a few years ago but my buddy works on the line in Brampton where they are made. He told me some problems they were having and told me to wait. They finally ironed out the problems on the assembly line, but by that time I had changed jobs and took a hit on annual salary, so the Challenger was out of my reach!I do like the retro style though...I also like the new Mustangs as they look very similar to the 69's.Ford brought out a retro Cougar years back and it did not do well. I think it was a Mazda platform if I'm not mistaken, and of course front wheel drive (YUK!) I didn't sell too well up here in Canada as they are few and far between. You hardly ever see one for sale in the Auto Trader?If Ford is to do a "retro Cougar" they have to do it like Chrysler and put a V8 in it and make is a similar shape to the old one to catch the astetic sexy lines, just like the Challenger did for its predisessor.

7930[/ATTACH]HOT....from both "ends"! :happy: Daisy and her 1973 Plymouth RoadrunnerI do wish, though, someone would take the Cougar and come back with it in a retro model (say one that resembled Gina's 71)...but not make it boxier like the Challenger. But, that would mean to bring back Mercury...and I don't think Ford is considering that. But, if they did it could resemble something like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7931[/ATTACH]1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 Convertible

Yeah its kinda weird with the corvette really, its very hit or miss unlike a porsche or atleast the older ones. Hell even on the 914 lookswise you cant really say no to them if its rigged up properly. Corvette though all over the place.Think the 2011 Grand Sport was sort of an inbetween of the ZR1 with the full on proper suspension and the Leaf springs of the stock model still but with extra HP, weird though 30 years latter and even though they were the first to pioneer the break through of disc brakes and there still using that suspension for all there cars.wonder what Zora thinks right now about that.including the C7 too, hell the ZR1 was the first not to.and apparently its a popular aftermarket mod to change it over to coils over shocks on them, Burnett's Daytona replica has that, supposedly has a high breakaway point because of it.yet GM okay we'll redo the interior, up the Horsepower, make the chasis better, switch over to fly by wire steering (very BAD idea by the way, what happens if it goes out or the battery goes dead, you crash like a F16 probably) yet the suspension, the thing that does most of the workNOPE stick with the leaf springs despite modders constantly switching that out like the lambo guys taking the 4 wheel drive systems off of the latter diablo's.just very strange, like is there a cost limit to them keeping the corvette around or something?Yeah I just wish the challenger had more finesse it its design, I liked it when it first came out but the more I saw it the more the blockyness became apparent, hell wonder why they havent done a redesign like they did with the dodge charger?Eingefügtes Bildto this one that looks a hell of alot better nowEingefügtes Bildwith the 1970 Dodge Charger Treatment to it, taken to a bigger extreme on itEingefügtes BildSee what I mean about mixing new and old? when done properly it does workYeah I did like the old Road Runners and the GTX with the early 70's sort of mach 1 lookEingefügtes Bild kinda funny that turned out to be one of there least popular designs with the Mach 1 and I like it, although looking at the face of it I can see why it was sort of hit and miss on the 71 hereWith the Cougar they did mention they just sold it as a Ford Cougar in Europe, so they could do that just here in America, Hell I think the viper isnt even called a dodge anymoreits the SRT Viper I think, no wait it was SRT 10 or something.If the cougar, that one with the small wheels, the late 1990's early 2000's one I saw was a mazda that would explain a great deal though, does seem like the kinda deal they would do and I think ford at some point did have a partnership with them, some sort of engine manufacturing deal

Oh YEH!!!If they brought back a retro like that...nice Magnum ralley wheels with 15's and the similar shape' date=' I'd buy one in a heartbeat!Almost bought a Challenger a few years ago but my buddy works on the line in Brampton where they are made. He told me some problems they were having and told me to wait. They finally ironed out the problems on the assembly line, but by that time I had changed jobs and took a hit on annual salary, so the Challenger was out of my reach!I do like the retro style though...I also like the new Mustangs as they look very similar to the 69's.Ford brought out a retro Cougar years back and it did not do well. I think it was a Mazda platform if I'm not mistaken, and of course front wheel drive (YUK!) I didn't sell too well up here in Canada as they are few and far between. You hardly ever see one for sale in the Auto Trader?If Ford is to do a "retro Cougar" they have to do it like Chrysler and put a V8 in it and make is a similar shape to the old one to catch the astetic sexy lines, just like the Challenger did for its predisessor.[/quote']Yeah...if they actually came out with a retro looking Cougar that looked something like that red one, I'd buy it too! The last Cougars made were pathetic and tiny, little, bubble-butt things that would be obliterated like rotted paper-mache by the original Cougars. ;) If one ever came back out I agree...it would have to have a V8 and be very reminiscent of the original ones.
Yeah its kinda weird with the corvette really' date=' its very hit or miss unlike a porsche or atleast the older ones. Hell even on the 914 lookswise you cant really say no to them if its rigged up properly. Corvette though all over the place.Think the 2011 Grand Sport was sort of an inbetween of the ZR1 with the full on proper suspension and the Leaf springs of the stock model still but with extra HP, weird though 30 years latter and even though they were the first to pioneer the break through of disc brakes and there still using that suspension for all there cars.wonder what Zora thinks right now about that.including the C7 too, hell the ZR1 was the first not to.and apparently its a popular aftermarket mod to change it over to coils over shocks on them, Burnett's Daytona replica has that, supposedly has a high breakaway point because of it.yet GM okay we'll redo the interior, up the Horsepower, make the chasis better, switch over to fly by wire steering (very BAD idea by the way, what happens if it goes out or the battery goes dead, you crash like a F16 probably) yet the suspension, the thing that does most of the workNOPE stick with the leaf springs despite modders constantly switching that out like the lambo guys taking the 4 wheel drive systems off of the latter diablo's.just very strange, like is there a cost limit to them keeping the corvette around or something?Yeah I just wish the challenger had more finesse it its design, I liked it when it first came out but the more I saw it the more the blockyness became apparent, hell wonder why they havent done a redesign like they did with the dodge charger?[img']http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/%2706-%2708_Dodge_Charger_--_Front_%28Auto_classique_Bellepros_Vaudreuil-Dorion_%2712%29.JPG/800px-%2706-%2708_Dodge_Charger_--_Front_%28Auto_classique_Bellepros_Vaudreuil-Dorion_%2712%29.JPGto this one that looks a hell of alot better nowEingefügtes Bildwith the 1970 Dodge Charger Treatment to it, taken to a bigger extreme on itEingefügtes BildSee what I mean about mixing new and old? when done properly it does workYeah I did like the old Road Runners and the GTX with the early 70's sort of mach 1 lookEingefügtes Bild kinda funny that turned out to be one of there least popular designs with the Mach 1 and I like it, although looking at the face of it I can see why it was sort of hit and miss on the 71 hereWith the Cougar they did mention they just sold it as a Ford Cougar in Europe, so they could do that just here in America, Hell I think the viper isnt even called a dodge anymoreits the SRT Viper I think, no wait it was SRT 10 or something.If the cougar, that one with the small wheels, the late 1990's early 2000's one I saw was a mazda that would explain a great deal though, does seem like the kinda deal they would do and I think ford at some point did have a partnership with them, some sort of engine manufacturing deal
Love the 1970 Dodge Charger pic...awesome! However, I prefer the 1968 or 1969--which was the General Lee in "Dukes of Hazzard". But, all of those years are the "dream" Chargers! :glossy: I have never liked the new Chargers...including the brand new designs. They took a superb muscle car and turned it into four-door sedan, cop cars! :thumbsdown:The new Challengers are a little boxier than the original cars...but are still way better than the new Charger designs! I like Corvettes period...but again, I still prefer the old ones (from the 50's and 60's). That yellow pic of I think a Plymouth Roadrunner (1972??) looks almost identical to the cheaper Plymouth Satellite. In the "Dukes", Daisy started out with the Roadrunner...but later ended up with a Satellite that was supposed to still be the Roadrunner. Then she got that stupid Jeep. :thumbsdown:Anyway, again, I would love it if Cougar came back...but I doubt that's going to happen. :cry: Wonder whatever happened to the white 71 Cougar Gina used in "MV"? Did it get sold, destroyed, is it still part of a studio lot somewhere? It would be fun to know, or find out! :radar:

Yeah I know what you mean, I still remember the 2001 Dodge Charger concept along with the Copperhead. 15 years have past and I can still clearly remember it

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiK4Fet2TuE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Copperheadthe funny thing is though apparently it was to run on NATURAL gas back then some logical alternative fuel experiment with ithttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_R/T_%281999_concept%29something honda actually did with one of there cars in cali but it died because not enough people did it
makes sense as well most people are going to have air conditioners not heaters in cali
unless they have heated pools, but that's only something that's done up here not in calibut the idea seemed good nonethelessbut I do kinda like this idea with the new charger
although honestly I wouldnt call it a charger either, I'd call it the 300 C utility or something, kinda what I think it is probablyyeah probably with the satellite knowing them, it is better I admit although looking at the new mustangs they have some catching up to do with the challenger styling. Although they probably spent all that money on the new viper and tuning down the chasis stiffness to make it handle betterhows that for a first huh? said they actually made the suspension softer in motor trend for the Time attack version and it improved the cars handling.I dont know with the 71' only way to know would be to go back in time and ask around about it or hell even today for that matter, cougars dont grow on trees after all.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiK4Fet2TuE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Copperheadthe funny thing is though apparently it was to run on NATURAL gas back then some logical alternative fuel experiment with ithttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_R/T_%281999_concept%29something honda actually did with one of there cars in cali but it died because not enough people did it

makes sense as well most people are going to have air conditioners not heaters in cali
unless they have heated pools, but that's only something that's done up here not in calibut the idea seemed good nonethelessbut I do kinda like this idea with the new charger
although honestly I wouldnt call it a charger either, I'd call it the 300 C utility or something, kinda what I think it is probablyyeah probably with the satellite knowing them, it is better I admit although looking at the new mustangs they have some catching up to do with the challenger styling. Although they probably spent all that money on the new viper and tuning down the chasis stiffness to make it handle betterhows that for a first huh? said they actually made the suspension softer in motor trend for the Time attack version and it improved the cars handling.I dont know with the 71' only way to know would be to go back in time and ask around about it or hell even today for that matter, cougars dont grow on trees after all.
Yeah, that 2001 Dodge Charger concept car was pretty cool...too bad they never used it. The new 2013 Charger does kind of have a cool front end design...but I still can't get over that they're four door sedans. :evil:Yeah, I doubt anyone knows whatever became of Gina's Cougar...and we only saw it in one or two episodes. It was probably just some studio car they grabbed for the episode/s and after that?? I always loved how "MV" integrated old classic cars along with what was new and the most innovative at the time. It gave a nice eclectic automotive style...along with most of the wild or "out-there" styles of Miami. :thumbsup: But, it would be cool to find out whatever happened to Gina's Cougar...or what happened to Switek's T-Bird...did you say before somewhere he actually still has it or did own it at the time?

Yeah' date=' that 2001 Dodge Charger concept car was pretty cool...too bad they never used it. The new 2013 Charger does kind of have a cool front end design...but I still can't get over that they're four door sedans. :evil:Yeah, I doubt anyone knows whatever became of Gina's Cougar...and we only saw it in one or two episodes. It was probably just some studio car they grabbed for the episode/s and after that?? I always loved how "MV" integrated old classic cars along with what was new and the most innovative at the time. It gave a nice eclectic automotive style...along with most of the wild or "out-there" styles of Miami. :thumbsup: But, it would be cool to find out whatever happened to Gina's Cougar...or what happened to Switek's T-Bird...did you say before somewhere he actually still has it or did own it at the time?[/quote']Yeah with the T bird I just remember seeing it somewhere, a photo him as he is nowadays sitting next to it and it was for saleI got this odd feeling it was that old classic cars online website I used to visit, there was this old online car ads website where people would post up a few photos, a contact and an asking price and I seem to remember seeing it there and well more than a few odd classics used to show up there so I always stayed for the photos.and with the way it poped up it would be that kind of an advertisement, been so many years since I last saw it.

Yeh Kavinsky I agree about the "FOUR DOORS"!?!I never understood why Chrysler did that? After all the old Chargers were the ultimate muscle cars and very stylish with the quick-release gas cap on top of the quarter panel and smooth lines of the body.Four doors makes me feel very domesticated and I should be driving around with baby seats in the back with a shaggy dog as well.Give me a TWO_DOOR any day!