Gina's Cougars

ViceFanMan

I've always wondered what Gina's hang-up was with Mercury Cougars ;)...as that's all she seemed to drive in the show? She drove a really cool white 1971 Mercury Cougar Convertible in a couple episodes...I'm assuming it was her personal car.Then, she and Trudy are seen driving an old "junker" silver 1971 Mercury Cougar Convertible in several episodes, usually during "stings"--and most likely a Vice unit owned vehicle.It just seems strange that they'd always have the same kind of car with Gina?? I guess she liked Cougars! :p But, the white one was awesome and did fit her character really well. :thumbsup: But, I don't think it was an XR7...but a base model Cougar instead. :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ViceFanMan

• Kavinsky

• Stinger390X

• Matt5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember in season one that Gina and Trudy are shown in a '68 GTO convertible and it's about a pile of rubble like a tan color...I forget the episode, yet yeah, she does like her Cougars:D:D:D:D...Mike

Well' date=' today one might say Gina is herself a cougar! Grrooowwll!!![/quote'] YUP YUP...prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I remember in season one that Gina and Trudy are shown in a '68 GTO convertible and it's about a pile of rubble like a tan color...I forget the episode' date=' yet yeah, she does like her Cougars:D:D:D:D...Mike[/quote']Yeah, the total "junker" '68 GTO was in the first part of the 2-part "Calderone's Return" (sometimes called "Hit List"). Gina and Trudy were driving the old GTO and helped Crockett and Tubbs run drug dealer Linus Oliver off the road--actually to try and put him in protective custody as the Argentinean assassin was trying to kill him too for double-crossing Calderone.Most other "sting" or undercover operations Gina and Trudy drove the old "junker" silver '71 Cougar---while sometimes Gina herself drove the awesome white one.
Well' date=' today one might say Gina is herself a cougar! Grrooowwll!!![/quote']LOL!! :D Definitely true!!! Saundra still is beautiful, and could still play Gina in a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Although I love Crockett's Ferraris...I've always loved American cars of the 70's and older! So, I of course love Tubbs' Caddy, Switek's T-Bird, and again Gina's Cougar! :thumbsup: Beautiful lady...beautiful car! :glossy::happy: (the glossy/starry eyes are for the Cougar...and the love hearts are for Gina :) )[ATTACH=CONFIG]7768[/ATTACH]Gina in front of her white Cougar--from "Bought and Paid For"[ATTACH=CONFIG]7769[/ATTACH]Gina and Trudy in the "junkier" silver Cougar they occasionally used in stings or on the job

post-483-13892965475646_thumb.jpg

post-483-13892965476023_thumb.jpg

7768[/ATTACH]Gina in front of her white Cougar--from "Bought and Paid For"[ATTACH=CONFIG]7769[/ATTACH]Gina and Trudy in the "junkier" silver Cougar they occasionally used in stings or on the job

huh I thought that last one, the silver one was an LTD from the time period.

huh I thought that last one' date=' the silver one was an LTD from the time period.[/quote']No...it was another 71 or 72 Mercury Cougar that Gina and Trudy occasionally used when on the job.
How many times did this appear on the show?:D
I'm not sure...but I think it was mostly during the second and third seasons that this old silver Cougar popped up as Gina and Trudy's "sting" car. Here is another pic from 3rd season of the silver Cougar: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7772[/ATTACH]from I believe "The Good Collar"

post-483-1389296547743_thumb.jpg

ah kinda looks like the old LTD my old man had back then in the 70's, probably more or less the same car just with moderately different bodywork I'd bet.

Thankyou for info :thumbsup::D
No problem! :thumbsup::D
ah kinda looks like the old LTD my old man had back then in the 70's' date=' probably more or less the same car just with moderately different bodywork I'd bet.[/quote']I don't know if a Cougar and an LTD would have the same body work or not? Both are Ford products I guess...but there are definite differences to me. I think an LTD would have been a longer car than a Cougar. Here are pics of a 71 LTD and a 71 Cougar (like Gina & Trudy's):[ATTACH=CONFIG]7800[/ATTACH]A 1971 Ford LTD Convertible[ATTACH=CONFIG]7801[/ATTACH]A 1971 Mercury Cougar Convertible--a white one much like Gina's personal one in "Bought and Paid For"! :thumbsup: The silver one was just like this...except silver in color and appeared not in as good of condition.

post-483-13892965517408_thumb.jpg

post-483-13892965517792_thumb.jpg

No problem! :thumbsup: :DI don't know if a Cougar and an LTD would have the same body work or not? Both are Ford products I guess...but there are definite differences to me. I think an LTD would have been a longer car than a Cougar. Here are pics of a 71 LTD and a 71 Cougar (like Gina & Trudy's):[ATTACH=CONFIG]7800[/ATTACH]A 1971 Ford LTD Convertible[ATTACH=CONFIG]7801[/ATTACH]A 1971 Mercury Cougar Convertible--a white one much like Gina's personal one in "Bought and Paid For"! :thumbsup: The silver one was just like this...except silver in color and appeared not in as good of condition.

I dont know they honestly look the same to me, the weave on the grill is different with a little bit more sheetmetal around the grill on the cougar which eats up a touch more of the hood but other than that they look more or less the same.might be something along the lines of the challenger and the cuda, where they I believe were about the same size and similar style but the bodywork was not interchangeable.

ah kinda looks like the old LTD my old man had back then in the 70's' date=' probably more or less the same car just with moderately different bodywork I'd bet.[/quote']The early Cougars were the Mercury division of the Mustangs. The first ones were similar with 108" wheel base and small block engines just like their sister cars. They were made to compete with the trailing copies of the Camaro (came out 2 1/2 years after the introduction of the Mustang) which was a cheap rip off by GM of the Mustang. The Cougars in 1967 were put on the market to stab at the Camaro market with another blow. GM was taking it from two angle now...In the 70's the Mustang held fast to its origins of musle, but the Cougars went on for luxury. The only musle option on the Cougar was a car called the "Eliminator" Very few were built. The LTD's were a full size car (boat anchors) but were in the larger class, while the Cougars kept the mid size class alive with nice options etc., on the smaller unibody construction. The LTD's were full frame construction as well as the Galaxies and many other lines of the full size luxury models from Ford and Mercury in those days.It all came to a head in 1973 when the car companies of North America had a severe enema! The "OIL CRISIS" was caused by the greedy Arabs and all car companies started making puddle jumpers such as the Pinto, Vega, Colt...just to mane a few pieces of junk as all cars were downsized to save fuel.This is why these 60's and early 70's cars are so revered today!I had a 72 Cougar convertable but sadly it dissintegrated! I also had a 69 hardtop that was a cool car. Had a 289 and was code "F" blue with a vinyl top. Wish I still had that unit!

I dont know they honestly look the same to me' date=' the weave on the grill is different with a little bit more sheetmetal around the grill on the cougar which eats up a touch more of the hood but other than that they look more or less the same.might be something along the lines of the challenger and the cuda, where they I believe were about the same size and similar style but the bodywork was not interchangeable.[/quote']The front ends are a little (and I stress little) similar...but the front of the Cougar is much larger, and much "sportier" than the Ford LTD. Both cars are cool to me, as I love cars from the 70's and older...but to be honest the Cougar would be my favorite between the two. ;) A lot of early to late 1970's Ford LTD's, and Galaxies, were used on the original "Hawaii Five-0" and the original "Charlie's Angels".
The early Cougars were the Mercury division of the Mustangs. The first ones were similar with 108" wheel base and small block engines just like their sister cars. They were made to compete with the trailing copies of the Camaro (came out 2 1/2 years after the introduction of the Mustang) which was a cheap rip off by GM of the Mustang. The Cougars in 1967 were put on the market to stab at the Camaro market with another blow. GM was taking it from two angle now...In the 70's the Mustang held fast to its origins of musle' date=' but the Cougars went on for luxury. The only musle option on the Cougar was a car called the "Eliminator" Very few were built. The LTD's were a full size car (boat anchors) but were in the larger class, while the Cougars kept the mid size class alive with nice options etc., on the smaller unibody construction. The LTD's were full frame construction as well as the Galaxies and many other lines of the full size luxury models from Ford and Mercury in those days.It all came to a head in 1973 when the car companies of North America had a severe enema! The "OIL CRISIS" was caused by the greedy Arabs and all car companies started making puddle jumpers such as the Pinto, Vega, Colt...just to mane a few pieces of junk as all cars were downsized to save fuel.This is why these 60's and early 70's cars are so revered today!I had a 72 Cougar convertable but sadly it dissintegrated! I also had a 69 hardtop that was a cool car. Had a 289 and was code "F" blue with a vinyl top. Wish I still had that unit!
LOL :)...You obviously don't like GM and/or Camaros. Typically I do not like Ford...but I do like Ford and Mercury from the mid 70's and older. But, I also have always loved GM! My first car was a 1966 Mustang...but my "baby" now is a 1996 Camaro Z28. :thumbsup: I've always loved Camaros (however, the first models 1967-69 or so) are not my favorite. They're more "boxy" than the early 70's and newer. But, Camaros were never "cheap" knock-offs of the Mustang! ;) They were GM's answer to the Mustang...and a superb one at that. :clap: In all honesty both Camaros and Mustangs are pretty awesome--and along with Corvettes are the true American sports cars! :DI also loved Cougars...however, again the very first models are not my favorite of the car. I love the early 70's on through the late 70's. Gina's white one (and just like my pic of the white 71 above) is a perfect example of my favorite Cougar! :cool:Yeah...the 70's gas crisis did not help the auto industry then! Because of that a lot of cars became ugly, little bubble-butt, looking things. :evil: Sadly, cars have once again became that--"boxy", bubble-butts with no color, style, character, or "soul". :thumbsdown: Everything seems to be a plain, boring, white or gray Toyota, or Nissan, or Honda, or some foreign "sushi" mobile. :sick: But, thank God we still have awesome looking Camaros, Mustangs, and now Challengers again! :thumbsup::clap:

The front ends are a little (and I stress little) similar...but the front of the Cougar is much larger' date=' and much "sportier" than the Ford LTD.[/Quote']Not exactly so...let me explain.The Cougars were on a unibody platform therefore they had independant fenders and header panels that floated the grille and headlight assemblies. The LTD, Galaxie, and larger cars were on separate bodies and chassis. These things were huge and weighed into the 2 ton range. The larger cars were physically and dimensionally larger and the rad cradle were much wider than the unibody chassis.
LOL :)...You obviously don't like GM and/or Camaros. Typically I do not like Ford...but I do like Ford and Mercury from the mid 70's and older. But, I also have always loved GM!
I also loved Cougars...however, again the very first models are not my favorite of the car. I love the early 70's on through the late 70's. Gina's white one (and just like my pic of the white 71 above) is a perfect example of my favorite Cougar! :cool:
Yes that was a great car!
Yeah...the 70's gas crisis did not help the auto industry then! Because of that a lot of cars became ugly, little bubble-butt, looking things. :evil: Sadly, cars have once again became that--"boxy", bubble-butts with no color, style, character, or "soul". :thumbsdown: Everything seems to be a plain, boring, white or gray Toyota, or Nissan, or Honda, or some foreign "sushi" mobile. :sick: But, thank God we still have awesome looking Camaros, Mustangs, and now Challengers again! :thumbsup::clap:
Yes the 80's brought in the "shoe-box era of cars for sure. Square, flat and ugly for many brands...Lack of imagination I suppose until the 1984 Thunderbird. It was the first car to have pronounced "Airplane doors" This was awesome in the wind tunnel tests of the day, and Chrysler soon followed with many models copying Ford. Took GM yet another two years to catch up again.My car in highschool. I was 17 in this picture[ATTACH=CONFIG]7804[/ATTACH]A day at the Beach. I just bought the new Cragar Wheels that weekend.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7805[/ATTACH]

post-35-13892965518697_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892965519019_thumb.jpg

I went to highschool when the Mustang and Camaro rivalry happened. I owned a 67 Mustang in grade 12 and drove to school each day. The Camaros of that era were not as well built as the Ford models and this goes through history as Louis Chevrolet used to work for Henry Ford but quit to make a cheaper car than Ford and try to compete. Working at at GM dealership later in my life I worked on all makes and models of GM and I can remember lots of TSB's (technical service bulletens) on these cars and what to look out for and to fix. The early models were pretty shabby until the introduction of disc brakes as standard on the 69 Fords and GM soon followed to try to stop some of these cars that were competing for horsepower. The more HP, the harder it was to stop them with front drum brakes!

7804[/ATTACH]A day at the Beach. I just bought the new Cragar Wheels that weekend.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7805[/ATTACH]

Yeah, the LTD's and Cougars were completely different...I just meant that the style of the front grill was a little, tiny bit similar...as Kavinsky thought they were very similar. Other than that, I don't really see any similarities.Awesome pics of you and your Mustang! :D Don't get me wrong...I love Mustangs--well some that is. ;) In my opinion Mustangs were awesome until around 1974 or so...then enter what I call the "Charlie's Angels" 'Stangs (the styles that Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith, and Cheryl Ladd drove on the show). That was an awesome show...but I'm sorry the Mustangs by then were ugly, boxy, and had no horsepower anymore. :thumbsdown: They didn't become somewhat awesome again until almost the 90's.But, I also love GM and Camaros! :) I'm sure when a brand new model of a car is first put out, there's always "cinks" and wrinkles to iron out, so-to-speak. Personally, I really start loving them around 1970 or so. I mainly grew up with the 80's models of Camaros...and they were cool for their time. But, in the typical 80's style...they were somewhat boxy too. I really loved the 90's (and early 2000's) models--as they were sleek, long, and had an all new style! :thumbsup: I love the new style of Camaros too (now seen on the new "Hawaii Five-0")...but my red '96 Z28 with T-tops, black leather interior (and the awesome leather...not the ugly kind with the little holes :rolleyes: ) electric everything, etc...still gets some looks and praisings. :cool:Most of the 80's cars I hated! :thumbsdown: However, the Oldsmobile Delta 88's (not the Cutlass) were a nice sized family car until the mid 80's. Also, the 80's Caddys and Lincolns were still nice sized big cars too, until the early 90's. However, despite their nice size, the 80's Lincolns were still pretty "boxy". In all honesty I really didn't care for the 80's Thunderbird (and I love old Thunderbirds too...early 70's and older) or the Cougar either. They were a little more styish...I just didn't care for the style. They seemed to be styled more for the "yuppie" of the time, than the younger generation or for a "sports" car. Pretty much the only cars I thought were that cool in the 80's were the Camaro, Firebird, and the Corvette.

mid 80's. Also' date=' the 80's Caddys and Lincolns were still nice sized big cars too, until the early 90's. However, despite their nice size, the 80's Lincolns were still pretty "boxy". In all honesty I really didn't care for the 80's Thunderbird (and I love old Thunderbirds too...early 70's and older) or the Cougar either. They were a little more styish...I just didn't care for the style. They seemed to be styled more for the "yuppie" of the time, than the younger generation or for a "sports" car. Pretty much the only cars I thought were that cool in the 80's were the Camaro, Firebird, and the Corvette.[/quote']I also was not a big fan of the 74+MustangII. they were a small car and some even came with underpowered 4 cyl???WTF? I bought a V6 one many years later for a winter beater but only had it one winter.I also bought a used King Cobra which was a red T-Roof model with a big snake on the hood. It had a 302 and a five speed. Kept it only one year.You mentioned Lincolns. I have always liked Lincolns of all vintages and still have the last of the breed 2-door sports coupe Mark VIII which I drive in the summer. It's loaded with every immenity! Rides smooth and the kids in the neighbourhood are falling over each other to buy it off me but I refuse to sell it.I also owned a Super charged Thunderbird Supercoupe a while ago but sadly I let it go to a good home. Still drive the Lincoln every summer![ATTACH=CONFIG]7807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7809[/ATTACH]

post-35-1389296552018_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892965521036_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892965521176_thumb.jpg

7804[/ATTACH]A day at the Beach. I just bought the new Cragar Wheels that weekend.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7805[/ATTACH]

Great information and detailed pictures thankyou :thumbsup::D

This is why these 60's and early 70's cars are so revered today!I had a 72 Cougar convertable but sadly it dissintegrated! I also had a 69 hardtop that was a cool car. Had a 289 and was code "F" blue with a vinyl top. Wish I still had that unit!

Yeah my father was in Cali in 73' with the 72 or 73 LTD and saw that they were turning away oil tankers at the port by the bucketfull so I know the gas crysis was rigged in that regard, his LTD lasted long after he parted with it from the sound of it as he parted with it in 1978 or 1979 for a Volkswaggen golf and he remembered only having a transmision gasket go out on him once and that was it, with a strange result, some transmision fluid mixed in with the gas, once it burned it created a smoke screen behind the car, he said it was an easy fix and nothing was damaged from the gasket failure. but atleast if I need to make some sort of real life bond car I know how to create the smokescreen without any really serious mods I guess loland he said it was much more reliable than his 55 ford, which would never start when needed so he had to fiddle with the carb every five minutes. wonder if that was because of the Holly 2300 series carb the big blocks of the 70's hadsome sort of deal where they had a gasket that was designed to make sure the gas wouldnt evaporate out of the float bowl once you parked it.I dont know with the retro designs something about the ones that are cut and paste ones like the challenger that just bother me as I prefer what they did with the mustang and the camaro to itmainly mixing new with old and creating a unique look, the challenger just looks like a copy and paste onto a Chrysler 300, like what Jaguar did with the MK2 and the X type.it just seems to undervalue and undercut the coolness of the original, like a cheap Chinese knockoff maybe its the lack of chrome doing it, you know when I think challenger I think Kowalski's ride with the white paint job and the chrome bumper with the two overiggers I think there called on the front end.also if you want to talk about funny modern car design, Nissan literally made starbug from red dwarf into a car with the JukeEingefügtes Bild

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRD79WjIdA

eh sound off with that one, might not be everyones cup of tea in that regardSo the early camaro's had drum brakes all around? jesus christ no wonder the insurance premiums on them were so high and I dont think they've ever escaped that reputation either actually stinger your cool mustang kind of reminds me of the one from Cherry 2000 with Don's on and off girlfriend/wifehttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_57716-Ford-Mustang-1965.htmland one I saw in some foreign movie

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUuQJQYNTfQ

and its certainly badass looking stingerbut with the cougar I dont know it just looked more or less like the same car there, atleast in that photo vice

I also was not a big fan of the 74+MustangII. they were a small car and some even came with underpowered 4 cyl???WTF? I bought a V6 one many years later for a winter beater but only had it one winter.I also bought a used King Cobra which was a red T-Roof model with a big snake on the hood. It had a 302 and a five speed. Kept it only one year.You mentioned Lincolns. I have always liked Lincolns of all vintages and still have the last of the breed 2-door sports coupe Mark VIII which I drive in the summer. It's loaded with every immenity! Rides smooth and the kids in the neighbourhood are falling over each other to buy it off me but I refuse to sell it.I also owned a Super charged Thunderbird Supercoupe a while ago but sadly I let it go to a good home. Still drive the Lincoln every summer![ATTACH=CONFIG]7807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7809[/ATTACH]

Lincolns are pretty cool...however, I'm not really liking the new versions. They look like every other tiny little, bubble-butt car out there. :evil: But older Lincolns are awesome! In all honesty my favorite Lincoln is the 1958 Continental...it was the longest and widest American car ever built. ;) I like the 70's Thunderbirds and older.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/Nissan_Juke_Acenta_1.6_2x4_front_20101030.jpg/800px-Nissan_Juke_Acenta_1.6_2x4_front_20101030.jpg

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRD79WjIdA

eh sound off with that one, might not be everyones cup of tea in that regardbut with the cougar I dont know it just looked more or less like the same car there, atleast in that photo vice
I really like the retro designs of the new Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger! Of course I love the originals the best...but these retro ones are pretty awesome! :thumbsup: I've never looked at a Challenger and saw a Chrysler 300! :eek: They're nothing alike! Both are made by Chrysler Corp...but that's about all they have in common. Yeah, that Nissan thing looks unbelievably stupid and butt-a** ugly!! :thumbsdown: But, sadly that's the kind of plain, plastic crap that is largely being sold today. :evil:As for the LTD and Cougar looking identical...maybe in the photos they look somewhat similar, but really not that much. The style of the front grill is a little similar on each car...but you can still tell the differences with each model. I've driven a 71 Ford LTD before, and have seen early 70's Cougars at car shows...as well as on TV (such as Gina's in "MV"). There really is no similarity at all. I love both cars, but the Cougar is my fav! :thumbsup:

little similar on each car...but you can still tell the differences with each model. I've driven a 71 Ford LTD before, and have seen early 70's Cougars at car shows...as well as on TV (such as Gina's in "MV"). There really is no similarity at all. I love both cars, but the Cougar is my fav! :thumbsup:

Well I remember reading when they first came out that the 300 chassis was used for the challenger, ala like they used to do with the K car and the minvan back in the 80's, just modified in said use to be shorter and if you image a 300 with 2 doors and retro styling it does line up somewhatwith the minivan and the K car case I know that they said they also used the same chasis and the 4 cylinder engine Mitsubishi for both cars.well atleast in starbugs case for red dwarf it was intentional and painted green to make it seem more bug like, it in of itself was a parody of the always crashing shuttlecraft from star trek, the car though....its not painted green and this isnt a sci fi piece
so theres no excuse for that kind of weird ass taste and its funny when I first saw it in the parking lot coming out of a steak place after a good dinner I was kind of like what the hell is this ugly thingand why do I feel this sense of familiarity looking at..... for some reason the term smeghead comes to mind when describing the person who designed it...then I was like wait a minute, no someone did not base a design of a modern car off of..... yes, yes they did...its starbug, insert facepalm here and I broke out laughing like Crockett did after the flour bust in Bought and paid for.admittedly I was a little drunk at the time, helps calm the nerves.Well if you want to talk about them making stuff cheaper and made out of platsic a few days ago on modern marvels they were showing how you can now literally chrome plastic via electroless platingsad thing was how they were babeling on about how great it was when it still looked like crap, and on a pickup truck's grill no less, some dodge of some sort.wonder how many aftermarket companies pop up just to put the real chrome back on those things reallyhmm Cougars are kind of rare up here honestly, I dont really remember seeing any around so its probably far more evident in person than in the photosyet Corvette's, Buick GNX's, Mopars, Jaguars, Astons and Bentleys and caddies show up occasionally, but not that many Fords or Mercuryscant remember the last time I saw an old mustang actually, maybe I just live in a mopar or no car centric area of MA?

so theres no excuse for that kind of weird ass taste and its funny when I first saw it in the parking lot coming out of a steak place after a good dinner I was kind of like what the hell is this ugly thingand why do I feel this sense of familiarity looking at..... for some reason the term smeghead comes to mind when describing the person who designed it...then I was like wait a minute, no someone did not base a design of a modern car off of..... yes, yes they did...its starbug, insert facepalm here and I broke out laughing like Crockett did after the flour bust in Bought and paid for.admittedly I was a little drunk at the time, helps calm the nerves.Well if you want to talk about them making stuff cheaper and made out of platsic a few days ago on modern marvels they were showing how you can now literally chrome plastic via electroless platingsad thing was how they were babeling on about how great it was when it still looked like crap, and on a pickup truck's grill no less, some dodge of some sort.wonder how many aftermarket companies pop up just to put the real chrome back on those things reallyhmm Cougars are kind of rare up here honestly, I dont really remember seeing any around so its probably far more evident in person than in the photosyet Corvette's, Buick GNX's, Mopars, Jaguars, Astons and Bentleys and caddies show up occasionally, but not that many Fords or Mercuryscant remember the last time I saw an old mustang actually, maybe I just live in a mopar or no car centric area of MA?
Interesting about the Chrysler 300 and the Challenger...did not know that? They don't look much alike at all...but maybe they do line up and have the same chasis. I have an older model Chrysler 300...a 2004 model, which was the last year they made that style before switching to what they basically still have now. But, I like both 300's and Challengers! :cool:LOL!!!! :):D That starbugs red dwarf thing is insanely stupid, but I loved your comments about seeing one, when slightly drunk! ;) That would make it seem more humorous for sure...otherwise when I see garbage like that I just get pissed off! :evil:Cheaper, fake chrome...of course, why not? They're practically ruining everything else. :rolleyes: Sometimes plastic is okay...sometimes it's "frickin" NOT! :evil: Cougars are somewhat rare anymore anyway. They haven't made them in several years, and the older ones are rarer yet. The 70's was probably the most popular decade for them...and I love the early 70's models the best! :thumbsup: But, I occassionally do see older, vintage Ford LTD's and other models. There are also lots of classic Mustangs from different years (60's-early 70's) around too...some are in mint condition, while others are...well, works-in-progress shall we say. ;) Some pretty cool car shows, for small town mid-west, are also held here a couple times a year too. You see a little of everything at those...I love going to those kind of things! I dream and drool! :)

Lincolns are pretty cool...however' date=' I'm not really liking the new versions. They look like every other tiny little, bubble-butt car out there. :evil: But older Lincolns are awesome! In all honesty my favorite Lincoln is the 1958 Continental...it was the longest and widest American car ever built. ;) I like the 70's Thunderbirds and older.[/quote']Yes I agree. I was going to buy a used 2002 Lincoln with a five speed but did not like the car overall. I like the reliability of my Mark VIII.Although I am not a GM fan, I did like the 2-seater sports coupe Caddy that came out a few years ago, and wish that Lincoln would come out with a version of a smaller sports coupe. I spoke to some guy from Lincoln at the international car show last year and mentioned I would buy a new car if they brought one out, but apparently there is nothing on the drawing board at this time as they think it would not sell well? There is a guy in town here with a 58 two seater. Yes it is a HUGE car for sure! He drives it down the parkway in the summer. the thing is gorgeous!