MIAMI VICE 100TH EPISODE INVITATION !

COOPER&BURNETT

Here is a rare UNIVERSAL & NBC MIAMI VICE 100th Episode invitation. Paper items such as these usually don't survive. This one is in MINT condition! This is a rare, collectible piece of MIAMI VICE history!

100_0714.jpgAnother Miamiviceonline.com Exclusive!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

The inside of the invitation is blank, except for this vintage photo. Could it be a vintage shot of the Biltmore Hotel where the 100th episode celebration was held?100_0752.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

If you think this stuff is cool and interesting, let me know by posting a comment. It helps me to know what rare item I might post next.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

100_0752.jpg

This looks like it could be a vintage photo of a swimsuit competition. Also, the boxes on the lower left seem to have the words, "tropical", and "Alligator" on them.If you use your computer's zoom (try 400%), you can see the picture's details better. It looks like sometime in the 1920's.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

It's very hard to make out when you zoom in but it looks to me like it might say:PresentingPregerTropical GroundAll Guitar Firm???:radar::radar::radar:Also, hard to tell if those are people or a reflection in the water. Something sure looks like it is causing a wake though?If you look at the left of the pool/pond it looks like a girl's head next to the ladder?Very interesting find. Too bad we will most likely never know. :evil:

The word "village" is on the crate furthest to the left. I think it's a swimsuit contest for the ladies, as they are all lined up, and on the far right, men are standing on the high dive diving boards, so I don't think they are using the diving boards for anything.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

OK, I think your right on the word "village". It is harder to see but clearer if you don't zoom in.I think the guys on the diving board are camera men taking pics of the event. Sort of a bird's eye view.Oh, how RB would be jealous! Wait...is that him in the short shorts on the diving board? ;)In the center the water looks like there is a ripple in it like someone just jumped in or something just moved to stir the water and make what looks like a small wave?Does it look like girls in the water to you by the ladder or a reflection of the "flair" from the event?

• Administrators

Just noticed another word in from of village. The guy's leg is blocking it but it looks like T...... Village?

OK' date=' I think your right on the word "village". It is harder to see but clearer if you don't zoom in.I think the guys on the diving board are camera men taking pics of the event. Sort of a bird's eye view.Oh, how RB would be jealous! Wait...is that him in the short shorts on the diving board? ;)In the center the water looks like there is a ripple in it like someone just jumped in or something just moved to stir the water and make what looks like a small wave?Does it look like girls in the water to you by the ladder or a reflection of the "flair" from the even?[/quote']

It might read, "TROPICAL GARDENS ALLIGATOR". I don't see anyone in the water Tim. ....I think it's reflections. I wonder if it's the hotel where the celebration took place? A cross check with vintage photos of the hotel may explain it.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

This is the BILTMORE HOTEL. It was a luxury hotel in the 20's. I believe it was used in an episode of MIAMI VICE also.

biltmore4.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

100_0752.jpgbiltmore2.jpgbiltmore3.jpg

I think it's a vintage photo from the 20's from the BILTMORE HOTEL. Look at the colums near the pool. Also, look at the railing above the colums. They appear to match. The shots are from a different angle, but it seems clear to me that they match.The pool is one of the very biggest in the U.S. (if not THE biggest) so the vintage shot could be from somewhere else at the Hotel. The new photos show statues beween the colums now, but that could have been added later as that was the 20's and it's now 2010. This explains why the photo was on the invitation.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

Too many letters in the word Gardens. The "d" and "s" are at the end of the word.It almost looks like, g-l-a-n-e-d-s or g-l-a-n-t-s? :radar:I'd say, "Tropical Glan... Alligator Film"Zoom out a little instead of in. 95%

100_0752.jpgbiltmore2.jpgbiltmore3.jpgI think it is a vintage photo from the 20's from the BILTMORE HOTEL. Look at the colums near the pool. Also' date=' look at the railing above the colums. They appear to match. The shots are from a different angle, but it seems clear to me that they match.The pool is one of the very biggest in the U.S. (if not THE biggest) so the vintage shot could be from somewhere else at the Hotel.The new photos show statues beween the colums now, but that could have been added later as that was the 20's and it's now 2010.This explains why the photo was on the invitation.[/quote']

It could be ALLIGATOR film, yes. Perhaps those were crates that held bulky camera equipment of the times.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Maybe there was a photo shoot for swimwear taking place??There is a man with a camera is standig next to the diving board.And the man on the diving board looks like he is explaining somethingPs thanks for posting the invitation. :flowers:

Maybe there was a photo shoot for swimwear taking place??There is a man with a camera is standig next to the diving board.And the man on the diving board looks like he is explaining somethingPs thanks for posting the invitation. :flowers:

Perhaps it could even be some opening celebration of the Hotel itself for publicity reasons. I don't know. I'm so glad you like the invitation! This is another of the rare items I'm going to share with you! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

The guy in the white pants on the lower diving board looks to be the MC or announcer.Also just seeing diving boards is kinda funny anymore. Almost every public place has taken them out for liability reasons. Funny how we weren't such a sue happy world back then.I'd bet it might be the grand opening of the hotel. Did you do a Google search on this and find out when it opened?

The guy in the white pants on the lower diving board looks to be the MC or announcer.Also just seeing diving boards is kinda funny anymore. Almost every public place has taken them out for liability reasons. Funny how we weren't such a sue happy world back then.

I agree. The vintage diving boards most certainly would have been removed. People weren't sued back then, like they do now. I tried to look up ALLIGATOR FILM on the internet, but couldn't find anything that was relevant.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

This Hotel is not in MIAMI, but rather in FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

This Hotel is not in MIAMI' date=' but rather in FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA.[/quote']

OOOOPS!! :eek: My mistake, it IS in MIAMI. Sorry. :o

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Looks like the word is Gardens to me and it is clearly the Biltmore Hotel. Fairchilds Tropical Gardens comes to mind first but the crate does not look like it says Fairchilds Eingefügtes Bild

Looks like the word is Gardens to me and it is clearly the Biltmore Hotel. Fairchilds Tropical Gardens comes to mind first but the crate does not look like it says Fairchilds wpb3fa97ed.png

You posted a GREAT photo! :clap: Perfect angle too!

100_0752.jpg

Proof positive!

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Cooper&Burnett,That is an awesome invitation--and even more awesome vintage photo!! :clap: I love history and historical places/buildings, so that is truly a cool piece of both "MV" as well as Biltmore history.I agree looking at the vintage pic and the modern ones, that it definitely was the Biltmore Hotel--and if the pic was from the 20's and the hotel was built in the 20's, then it very well could be a pic of the grand opening back when! I love vintage things, and even though by no means would the Blue Waters Hotel have been in the same "class" when it was open, as the Biltmore, but I've gotten a few vintage postcards and/or pics of the old Blue Waters Hotel (the one used in "The Maze" and "French Twist")...and have then displayed with my "MV" memoribailia.What I find interesting about this invitation is that it's for February of 1989--the last season of the show...which from what I remember and have since read and heard the show by that time was definitely on its way down. :cry: So, the idea that at this point and time Universal and NBC would try to make a huge celebration of it is odd to me--but still cool! The 100th episode of "MV" was "To Have and To Hold." It first or originally aired on February 10, 1989...4 days before this celebration of it at the Biltmore. That's also odd to me...I would think they would have this special celebration and/or airing of it before the airing on regular TV?? But, whatever the case the invitation and vintage photo are superb! :thumbsup:

I love history and historical places/buildings, so that is truly a cool piece of both">

before the airing on regular TV?? But, whatever the case the invitation and vintage photo are superb! :thumbsup:

I too, love history. I also like to preserve historical things. I have no idea why UNIVERSAL and NBC would have this celebration, but whatever the case, they did have one. I think this hotel was in the season 5 episode, LINE OF FIRE. I'm not positive, as I'd have to watch the episode again, but if memory serves me correct, it was in there. Thank you for your very kind posting of this rare item. (I love reading postings and replies. ;) )

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I agree. The vintage diving boards most certainly would have been removed. People weren't sued back then' date=' like they do now.I tried to look up ALLIGATOR FILM on the internet, but couldn't find anything that was relevant.[/quote'] Can't it be Alligator Farm? Like tropical gardens & alligator farm...

Can't it be Alligator Farm? Like tropical gardens & alligator farm...

I dunno.......maybe. ........maybe.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT