Should I go to my 20th reunion?

himenokuri

Cos I havent changed any Im still overweight and i havent gotten married either which are 2 criteria I had to have before I ever wanted to see those ppl again but there are 1 or 2 pplk I wanna see but I havent even dated either cos the guys in Memphis, TN somethings wrong with em if I havent been caught yet so should I go or what? cos I dont want to be caught in a situation where I feel worse about myself than I do now ya know?

Ahhh, Himen, I never go to my reunions. I don't go cause I didn't like a lot of people back then. The A crowd as the movies put it..lol....Roamie and Michelle's High School Reunion, they had the same problem......ever see it? I did well in school but got caught up in the wrong crowd the last year in a half. Plus like you said I am not skinny model material, not that that should matter but some of those people were plastic. Though hopeful with age comes wisdom as Evan said, not exact words. too bad gstien is married he lives in Memphis.....hehehehe. I just rather not go and don't. I did do a gig at my high schools 50th year. It was the first high school in town and so they had this big thing and our band being all graduates of that school played. It was fun, they had rides and games etc. But that's not the same. I guess you have to look at it and see if it's worth it to you. Sounds like you don't wanna go. do a pro and con list and see which wins? Good Luck

• Administrators

I went to my tenth back in 02.I was a little surprised. It was a big mixed bag.Some of the folks I hated and were the biggest jerks ended up being the nicest people you ever wanted to meet now that they grew up.Some of the jocks that all the girls chased after were overweight and had low paying jobs and had no plans for their future.Some of the cheerleaders that all the guys chased after were no longer attractive. They now had four kids and were 40 pounds overweight and the stress of their lives showed on their face.Some of the girls that were never even looked at turned out to be knockouts, and every guy in the room was kicking himself for not being nicer to her ten years ago.And some of the folks that were jerks are still the same jerks they were back then. I saw one guy I didn't like walking around drinking beer out of a pitcher like this was one big high school party again. For crying out loud the guy was 27-28 years old and still looking like a fool.You will also catch up on some gossip about people you knew that may be doing well, not doing well, or expired. I know of a few from my class that even took their own life.In my HO, I would say go. Who cares what you look like now. Everyone changes, that is inevitable. You may have a great time and learn that some of the people you didn't like are now really nice people. That is what I learned anyways.There is one girl that I still stay in touch with. We met in the second grade and went through school all the way. She now works in the same hospital as I do. We often joke about how long we've known each other.I say go for it. Reunions only come once every ten years.Don't worry about going single either. A lot of my class went alone. Besides, how boring would it be for your date to go to a place where you know ever one and he knows no one. (Unless your date was in your class).

Cos I havent changed any Im still overweight and i havent gotten married either which are 2 criteria I had to have before I ever wanted to see those ppl again but there are 1 or 2 pplk I wanna see but I havent even dated either cos the guys in Memphis' date=' TN somethings wrong with em if I havent been caught yet so should I go or what? cos I dont want to be caught in a situation where I feel worse about myself than I do now ya know?[/quote']I say go! Not married? this is 2008, not 1908.....better not married than divorced a few times or married to a complete loser. I think you'll find that everyone changes, some for the better, some for worse. It would be a shame to miss out on seeing old friends because of critisism you think others may have of you. Have a blast!:rauchen:

You've gotta go. Have some bloody marys ready to go in your thermos and let 'er rip. Nothing like a little liquid courage to fix things up. If you take that option, just remember to watch what you say and play it cool. I will be following this post to see what happens. I will have to go to my twenty year and mingle with the singles.

I'd go if I were you. So what if you are overweight. Like someone else said, others may be that way too. You never know unless you go to it. What HS is it?

Cos I havent changed any Im still overweight and i havent gotten married either which are 2 criteria I had to have before I ever wanted to see those ppl again but there are 1 or 2 pplk I wanna see but I havent even dated either cos the guys in Memphis' date=' TN somethings wrong with em if I havent been caught yet so should I go or what? cos I dont want to be caught in a situation where I feel worse about myself than I do now ya know?[/quote']Don't forget.....bigger can be more beautiful!

I like the pros and cons list idea. And reluctantly, I'd say go. I only graduated in '05, and I really have no desire to go to any reunion (and I was actually pretty popular), but who knows how I'll feel in 2015, or 2025 ("if man is still alive, if woman can survive...":p).