WORLD CUP FOOTBALL

Chloe

Couldn't see a thread on the World Cup, been interesting so far. I have been ashamed to be English...until today when we actually WON against Slovenia. Through to the next round with the U.S! We were sat here with our nibbles & flags....shouting at the screen...i am, naturally, an armchair pundit! lolAs you can see Jemima got into the spirit of things...we believe that Gerrard & DeFoe are legends & i have a soft spot for Heskey..much to my 16 year old sons disgust! lolNext match Sunday at 3pm.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildI have to look away its too awful!Eingefügtes BildOoops...too much excitement!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• Chloe

• 2morgen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Football vs Miami ViceHi ChloeJust one question. I live in South Africa where the world cup football is happening, but what has that got to do with Miami Vice?Not to be funny, but i can't see the connection.widereceiver 88

Hi,because this is the 'off topic' forum where we can discuss anything not MV related.Will you get to any of the games? the pitch at Port Elizabeth was awful...looked like a Polo pitch after a match!

Hi ChloeSorry, didn't need to stir up something.Yeah i'm from Port Elizabeth and it's now 11h40 at night. We had a bit of rain and bad weather.Where are u from? I presume England.Laterwidereceiver 88

I'm glad the USA won (and England too). I can't follow soccer, though. It's like going to the junior prom........... everyone is chasing each other around and nobody is scoring. :p:dance2::D

yea im with you im in the UK and i absolutely hate football. love the raiders and dodgers to death tho..even tho raiders need to pull their socks up a bit :D

Chloe, the U.S. was robbed on a goal a couple games back, when we scored a goal, and it was taken away from us, and the french referee would'nt explain things resulting in yet another tie. I read that the English players are better than the U.S. players, but the U.S. goalie is better than the English goalie. Do you find this to be true?Right now, I'm wearing a 2010 Polo Ralph Lauren inspired world cup polo shirt that I bought at Macy's yesterday. Because I like all things Italian, (like my Italian car, clothes, the food, the people, the art and style) I bought the "ITALIA" shirt. Also thought it looked cooler than the U.S. version.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4196594&cp=1760781.3806573&ab=int_061810_MLP_MODERNFIELD_SHOPNOW&parentPage=familyOnly $135.00!

Chloe' date=' the U.S. was robbed on a goal a couple games back, when we scored a goal, and it was taken away from us, and the french referee would'nt explain things resulting in yet another tie. [/quote']That ref is not from France. He is from Mali (in Africa).

That ref is not from France. He is from Mali (in Africa).

All the papers reported that he spoke French (obviously, that doesn't mean he was French), but they said that is what he spoke, and the Americans couldn't understand him because they didn't speak French.Is this not true??

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildI have to look away its too awful!Eingefügtes Bild She has GOT to be the cutest fan on Earth!Is she home!!!???Good luck on Sunday! (Kinda ;) )

As you all can imagine, here people are going crazy about the World Cup, but the Italian team sucks!!! :thumbsdown:We had started the same (bad) way in 2006 when we won, but 4 years later the situation is different. Many of the 2006 players have been left at home, the team seems to lack cohesion, it's evident that this bunch of people hasn't really achieved the necessary skills to play as a team and not as individuals.Personally these are the things I like about World Cup so far:- M&M's Peanuts limited edition: a bag of classic M&M's in colours green, white and red, but I can't eat them anyway, so I don't really care.- Flags everywhere: it's a touch of colour in a hopelessly grey town.- French team being eliminated: they stole the qualification from Ireland and what goes around comes around.and of course the Jemima pictures! England only has to be proud to have such an adorable supporter! :happy:Eingefügtes BildOoops...too much excitement!

Right now' date=' I'm wearing a 2010 Polo Ralph Lauren inspired world cup polo shirt that I bought at Macy's yesterday. Because I like all things Italian, (like my Italian car, clothes, the food, the people, the art and style) I bought the "ITALIA" shirt. [img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/100_0809.jpg
Wear it today, June 24th at 4.00pm Italian time. It might be our last match! :)

Hey! Team USA actually won a game! ...and in dramatic fashion.First time they won it's group since 1930.Bring on Ghanda on Saturday!

All the papers reported that he spoke French (obviously' date=' that doesn't mean he was French), but they said that is what he spoke, and the Americans couldn't understand him because they didn't speak French.Is this not true??[/quote']It makes sense since French is the official language of Mali.The problem is that FIFA has made an effort to assemble a referee crew that represents all countries, rather than simply hiring the best refs. In effect, this guy is an affirmative action hire. It's possible he was bribed or had personal animosity towards USA, but it's also likely that he's incompetent.

Unfortunately I started too early to talk about the Italian's victory ... Slovakia 3:2 Italy

Italia! Mamma mia! Che cosa è accaduto?Non mangiare M&Ms ha indotto questo ad accadere.

Jemima is so cute!!! For her I hope England will win the World Cup. I should be for the Netherlands of course but I think we will be eliminated in the quarter finals…in spite of my own supporters :happy:

post-934-13892963163066_thumb.jpg

Are those to cuties yours marilyn? I see they have their mascots : )Well Italy are out. France are out...after getting a strop on!England play Germany on Sunday...we love those matches...lots of atmosphere & competitive spirit after 1966!

Are those to cuties yours marilyn? I see they have their mascots : )

Yes, I'm the proud mother of these girls.Here in Holland, every supermarket got it's own mascottes. It drives us mothers crazy...:D

Yes' date=' I'm the proud mother of these girls.Here in Holland, every supermarket got it's own mascottes. It drives us mothers crazy...:D[/quote'] Marilyn, your girls are beautiful! They are going to look like supermodels when they grow up!Italy is gone....:cry: Mama mia.........

Yes' date=' I'm the proud mother of these girls.Here in Holland, every supermarket got it's own mascottes. It drives us mothers crazy...:D[/quote'] You can say that again.But I have kept it low profile just the small "beesies" from the AH supermarket. I kept the "welpies" from the EK tournement. Together they are on the TV cabinet cheering when the team plays.My daughters on the other hand would love to have everything there is.PS your daughters look fantastic

Italia! Mamma mia! Che cosa è accaduto?Non mangiare M&Ms ha indotto questo ad accadere.

:) and A+ for your Italian!Mamma mia indeed. :cry: My country is in complete shock.I'll tell you, it's a possibility that this happened because I didn't eat my M&M's ;) I know I should have bought that limited edition pack... now those packs are useless on the shelves.

Marilyn' date=' your girls are beautiful! They are going to look like supermodels when they grow up![/quote'] They got house arrest till their 18th birthday:D

:) and A+ for your Italian!

Grazie il mio amico. Questo mi otterrà un piatto cucinato casa di pasta quando visito l'Italia?