WORLD CUP FOOTBALL

Chloe

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holland plays in the finale next Sunday! My fellow-villagers are going nuts; vuvuzela’s' date=' fireworks, screaming! It’s a party already…:dance2::dance2::dance2:[/quote'] Wasn't it nerve wrecking at the end???We were jumping up and down off the nerves we had.But we won!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Hope the best for Sunday.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• Chloe

• 2morgen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And he did it again.Spain here we come. Lets watch some season 1 to celebrate ;-)

Good idea Sjako, I'm in the mood for a little celebration. I believe we have a good opportunity to become World Champion :dance2:

Richie' date=' I take it that Ghana vs. Uruguay clip you posted wasn't a goal, right?[/quote']No goal. The Uruguayan player who blocked the shot with his hand was given a red card and ejected from the game. Ghana was given an easy penalty kick to win, but they missed it.

How about this one?Would you accept getting kicked in the face, and in return you get to move on to the World Cup final, and have the world watch you play?Eingefügtes Bild

1. Re: Uruguay/Ghana - Holy mackerel. That day will live in Ghanaian infamy. (Secretly I'm happy on the inside though, since Ghana beat us.)2. Re: Uruguay ninja kick in the face - I would never attempt a freaking bicycle kick unless I was about 100 lbs. lighter. That is too many collective pounds of Pb smacking the ground, like a diver into an empty pool. And shamefully I missed almost all the semis/quarters, I surmise there was another penalty kick situation in this one. Yowza.Had to go to the airport tonite during the 2nd half of GER/ESP : ( What a heart-stopper. I was recording it and on a self-imposed news blackout, but then surely enough, I had a conversation with an espan~ola who relayed the news from her daughter :feuerwerk: (Elvis' head exploding)

Germany is Gone?? .......wow.

Was the first world cup 2010 game I saw.. Germany played lame.. Spain did a great job. That was enough soccer for me for the next 4 years :D

Was the first world cup 2010 game I saw.. Germany played lame.. Spain did a great job. That was enough soccer for me for the next 4 years :D

You are not going to watch the final this Sunday???

I can't quit now, I GOTTA watch. :)I must see it through. :thumbsup:P.S. I too heard that Germany played lame. I was working, and missed the game.

You are not going to watch the final this Sunday???

Most likely not.. I played soccer for some years when I was a teen.. it’s somehow not my thing anymore.. I compare it with bad weather :rain: ..enough is enough :p

At least we won't have to see what the Germany's coach "protein diet" consists of for another 4 years:
:sick:

At least we won't have to see what the Germany's coach "protein diet" consists of for another 4 years:

:sick:
WTF :wuerg: Gross! Thanks for sharing :p Made my day :evil:

OOH we lost:cry::cry::cry::cry:But to be honost we didn't play that wellTo much nerves I thinkI am proud of our national team!!

OOH we lost:cry::cry::cry::cry:But to be honost we didn't play that wellTo much nerves I thinkI am proud of our national team!!

I think the Dutch played very well, they really did a good job of disrupting the Spanish possession game. However, Holland did play far too dirty. I didn't like that.

Congrats to SPAIN!(I was leaning toward the Dutch, but congrats to Spain just the same.)

England did play in the final...the referee's english & a policeman' date=' he looked pretty 'hard'![/quote'] I felt sorry for the ref. In the championship of any sport, there is a lot of pressure on refs to avoid taking over the game by ejecting a player. But Holland was just so dirty that he had to keep handing out yellow cards and finally a red card that pretty much decided the game.

I think the Dutch played very well' date=' they really did a good job of disrupting the Spanish possession game. However, Holland did play far too dirty. I didn't like that.[/quote'] That's what I ment that we didn't play that well. Usually the team doesn't play like that, but because they were sometimes a step to late it came out that way.The Netherlands have a history of playing great soccer but never won an world championship titel. The whole tournement the team didn't play the way they did in the Qualifying rounds. This time they wanted to play effective but fair soccer but in the final it just didn't come together.