What is your fav DJ movie?

crocketsgrl

I also have some of his very old movies like A Boy and his dog, The Harrod Experiment and his voice in the comic book movie G.I.Joe.I must say even in these movies u could see very clearly that he has talent and that he can make it big on the screen/tv

• 2 months later...

Funny how I've never saw this thread before. (Or have I? ?()Actually it's hard to choose, cause I've seen too many of them... All right, I'll give it a try.ParadiseThe Long Hot SummerThe Hot SpotHarrad ExperimentReturn to the Macon CountyZachariahJust Legal (not exactly a movie, but...)Actually I like (more or less) most of his movies I've ever seen... so I'll better stop, or I'll list almost all of them... :D But I think you got some vague idea.

Damn, I just can't resist adding some more to the list... :oAll right, here we go... Cease Fire (not exactly the movie you'd like to rewatch every day, but it's very touching, and DJ plays his part great...)In Pursuit of HonorSweethearts Dance (the story itself is a bit "unfinished", IMO, but it has interesting moments, and DJ is very cute and funny).The Rebels (a long but very nice historical).I haven't listed "Word of Honor" just because I'm not that into war movies, but it's good, and I liked DJ's performance.

Like Cheetah, i think i never saw this thread before?!Ok, i think it's not easy to choose, i realy like all the movies - but the best for me:Guilty as sin (he is so bad - i like it)Dead bang (one of the best)Long hot summer (oooh he's hot=))Hot spot Sweethearts DanceIn Pursuit of Honor (he plays great)Word of Honor (he plays great - it's not easy to understand everything - but his acting is unbelieveable)Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (it's not a very good movie - but it's so funny)Of course i like the other movies like -Cease fire; -A boy and his dog; -Paradies and some other. I watch them so often i could.

I cant comment really, the only one Ive ever seen is HD&MM, I passed on machete as its a political hit piece and didnt know about the restETA: I have actually seen In Pursuit of Honor, its the one where they take the scheduled to be slaughtered cav horses to Canada right?Now that was a good movie and one Id say was my favorite!

A Boy And His Dog is hard to find. You just about have to order it: http://www.amazon.com/Boy-His-Dog-Don-Johnson/dp/B00000IXPN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289428746&sr=8-1

Actually it can be seen online (and downloaded) here:http://www.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=229&format=movie&theme=guideLooks like it's all legal. In fact I've read somewhere that it's in free domain (correct me if I'm wrong), in this case it may be even available for a free download... ?( (Cause IMHO 10$ for a MPEG download is a bit too much... ?()By the way - they have "Harrad Experiment" on the same site too! ;) The "cut" version, though...

• 1 month later...

I was watching Dead Bang on my laptop on a flight back from Mexico last week. Great DJ film for sure. Between two legs of the flight I had a few people ask me what movie it was as they recognized DJ but not the movie itself.

I have to say ,even though it was a made for TV movie/mini series"The Long Hot Summer"is my all time favorite."Hot Spot" is a distant second.I've seen most all of his movies,except for his most recent ones..

• 1 month later...

I saw "Sweethearts Dance" this evening! It's a long time ago, that I saw it, but today I thougt I "must" watch this film! :DI like it - ok, it's not the best, but it's ok - and Don looks so good! :happy:

It's just what I thought - "not the best, but ok". :clap: The whole plot lacks some integrity, IMO... but there are some really funny moments. :thumbsup: And I agree that DJ looks great.

• 7 months later...

I've only ever seen Harley Davidson... The intro with Bon Jovi was awesome, both other than a couple of good one-liners I was pretty disappointed. Might have to hunt down a few of these others.

I can always be determined only for a certain period of time.sorry but - it changes too often ;). At the moment, without doubt, 'Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man "! Until the next change of mind!

• 2 years later...

Some more on The Hot Spot from Wikipedia:

"The director gave his impressions of working with Johnson: "He wasn't that bad. He has a lot of people with him. He came on to this film with two bodyguards, a cook, a trainer, ah let's see, a helicopter pilot he comes to and from the set in a helicopter, very glamorous let's see, two drivers, a secretary, and, oh yes, his own hair person, his own make-up person, his own wardrobe person. So when he walks to the set he has five people with him".[4] Johnson found Hopper's approach to filmmaking "a little disappointing, I gotta tell you".[5]"

"Roger Ebert gave the film three out of four stars and wrote, "Only movie lovers who have marinated their imaginations in the great B movies from RKO and Republic will recognize The Hot Spot as a superior work in an old tradition."[

On August 13, 2013, Shout! Factory released The Hot Spot on Blu-ray as part of a double feature along with Killing Me Softly.

I thought parts of the movie were over the top, but mostly a very neo-noir, steamy and moody plot, and overall entertaining.

"The director gave his impressions of working with Johnson: "He wasn't that bad. He has a lot of people with him. He came on to this film with two bodyguards, a cook, a trainer, ah let's see, a helicopter pilot he comes to and from the set in a helicopter, very glamorous let's see, two drivers, a secretary, and, oh yes, his own hair person, his own make-up person, his own wardrobe person. So when he walks to the set he has five people with him".[4] Johnson found Hopper's approach to filmmaking "a little disappointing, I gotta tell you".[5]"

"Roger Ebert gave the film three out of four stars and wrote, "Only movie lovers who have marinated their imaginations in the great B movies from RKO and Republic will recognize The Hot Spot as a superior work in an old tradition."[

On August 13, 2013, Shout! Factory released The Hot Spot on Blu-ray as part of a double feature along with Killing Me Softly.

I thought parts of the movie were over the top, but mostly a very neo-noir, steamy and moody plot, and overall entertaining.

:D  :fireworks:

Loved the Hot Spot and great Don :D  :fireworks:

• Like 1