What is your fav DJ movie?

crocketsgrl

Hey all thought we could talk about fav movies he did and maybe our favorite parts of the movies......Got the idea from Timm's account of the scene in Dead Bang. I love Dead Bang and that it's a true story. I love that he has the guy that plays Ira Stone in that too. How he and the probation officer (Ira) run after the kid and when Jerry gets him he throws up all over him and uses that to get the kid to talk. I thought it was a strange scene, yet it was a true story so this had to have happened. I remember thinking oh God that is too much and the officer that arrested the kid having to deal with the smell...lolDid anyone ever realize just how many MV guests and stars he brought to his movies? I love Sweethearts Dance, first DJ movie I saw when getting back into MV. I love the scene where him and Susan fight in the bathroom, it's so real and so DJ. She acts so well that it complemented his acting. Also how playful like a kids (puppies)he and Jeff Daniels is in the movie. I also love Long hot Summer. William Russ was excellent and it's almost like they take off again from Evan.......

Hey all thought we could talk about fav movies he did and maybe our favorite parts of the movies......Got the idea from Timm's account of the scene in Dead Bang. I love Dead Bang and that it's a true story. I love that he has the guy that plays Ira Stone in that too. How he and the probation officer (Ira) run after the kid and when Jerry gets him he throws up all over him and uses that to get the kid to talk. I thought it was a strange scene' date=' yet it was a true story so this had to have happened. I remember thinking oh God that is too much and the officer that arrested the kid having to deal with the smell...lolDid anyone ever realize just how many MV guests and stars he brought to his movies? I love Sweethearts Dance, first DJ movie I saw when getting back into MV. I love the scene where him and Susan fight in the bathroom, it's so real and so DJ. She acts so well that it complemented his acting. Also how playful like a kids (puppies)he and Jeff Daniels is in the movie. I also love Long hot Summer. William Russ was excellent and it's almost like they take off again from Evan.......[/quote']HD&MM is an old standby, I think 'In Pursuit of Honour' would be my favourite one, though.

Yep, I'm here to represent for Dead-Bang as well. DJ's finest hour in a feature and a darn entertaining movie, too.

I thought he was excellent in Dead Bang! But I thought he played a great manipulator in Guilty as Sin. Rebecca just didn't know what was up and DJ did a great job showing why.......

HD&MM is an old standby' date=' I think 'In Pursuit of Honour' would be my favourite one, though.[/quote']Jonny I have almost all his flims. That one was a good one, haven't watched it in awhile. I love that they free the horses and he goes against what he is told to do and does what is right!I have it on VHS. I thought for a minute you were talking about his 2006 movies with his son Jesse, who plays DJ as a young man. Jesse does look like a young DJ. The movie is "Word of Honor" Or for you my friend " Word of Honour" Your spelling is more colourful.....Anyone seen that movie?

• Administrators

I'd have to go with Dead Bang.Guilty as Sin was pretty good too.

I watched Dead Bang earlier and yeah it's an excellent movie. He certainly does cuss alot though. I didn't know it was a true story. I like the part where he's talking the ex and he gets mad and throws the phone. Funny thing is, the costume designer is Jodie Tillen.

I don't know Jodie Tillan. Name sounds familiar though.....oh yes, he kills that phone, smashes it up right. Reminds me of the Crockett temper with the trash cans..lol....

Jonny I have almost all his flims. That one was a good one' date=' haven't watched it in awhile. I love that they free the horses and he goes against what he is told to do and does what is right!I have it on VHS. I thought for a minute you were talking about his 2006 movies with his son Jesse, who plays DJ as a young man. Jesse does look like a young DJ. The movie is "Word of Honor" Or for you my friend " Word of Honour" Your spelling is more colourful.....Anyone seen that movie?[/quote']I still love the part where they cross the border to Canada....and the mountie looks at them with all these damned horses.... "Canada always has room for men who are willing to work hard and make themselves usefull.' It was based on a true story, which I imagine made headlines across north America at the time.

I still love the part where they cross the border to Canada....and the mountie looks at them with all these damned horses.... "Canada always has room for men who are willing to work hard and make themselves usefull.' It was based on a true story' date=' which I imagine made headlines across north America at the time.[/quote']Jonny, that's right you are from Canada, and I only saw a Mountie once when I was a child......I didn't know this too was a true story. DJ did a few true story ones. That's very interesting thanks for telling about that. I think the story was back in the early 1900's, yes? It's been a long time since I watched it like I said. And they say "A Mountie always gets his man", true?

Hey I haven't heard much on the movie DJ made as he was coming into Vice. Cease Fire, very good movie. About a Nam Vet having flashbacks and what it does to his life and family....how scary to see DJ's character going through the flashbacks. He crawled around the back yard scaring the kids, he thought he was saving his men and in battle.....it was very real to him. Showed what some Nam Vets and I'm sure any Vet, went through....I would tell anyone to watch this movie, there is a lot of truth in it and he is in denial for a long time until finally he is forced to get help......Very good acting and a good film! I give it a thumbs up!:clap:

Jonny' date=' that's right you are from Canada, and I only saw a Mountie once when I was a child......I didn't know this too was a true story. DJ did a few true story ones. That's very interesting thanks for telling about that. I think the story was back in the early 1900's, yes? It's been a long time since I watched it like I said. And they say "A Mountie always gets his man", true?[/quote']That is what they say....it happened when Roosevelt was president I think, when motorized vehicles were to render horses obsolete (supposedly) and I am actually English/Canadian like a lot of people here....my roots in England.

I don't know Jodie Tillan. Name sounds familiar though.....oh yes' date=' he kills that phone, smashes it up right. Reminds me of the Crockett temper with the trash cans..lol....[/quote']Jodie Tillen was one of the Miami Vice costume designers

That is what they say....it happened when Roosevelt was president I think' date=' when motorized vehicles were to render horses obsolete (supposedly) and I am actually English/Canadian like a lot of people here....my roots in England.[/quote']
Jodie Tillen was one of the Miami Vice costume designers
Thanks Jonny, I saw it was done back in the early 1900's. I appreciate you getting a little deep on this.Amber I watched Dead bang last night and thought of you when I saw her name on the credits. I didn't know she was on Vice. See he used her and Bob Bobalan (Ira Stone) and one other that was on Vice twice in a smaller part. A police captain with a dog on his chair that calls Beck saying that Bobby Burns was in their city. Oh and DJ looked fine in that movie. Was done in 89. That FBI agent was just like the ones in Vice to a point. Beck, Dj's character did all the work and the FBI guy got the credit. Man, Beck was something in that movie and Dj did that character well. Love him chasing the guy and puking on him and later pretends he's going to do it again to get the info he needs. I thought the action scenes where excellent. Especially when Bobby holds a gun to Beck's head while driving and a cop car goes by. Beck turns into a car to cause a crash and there is a gun fight. Beck can't get his gun and lights a book of matches throwing them into gas from a car to protect the woman officer and himself from Burns. Beck follows him to Colorado to where the Arions are all meeting. Love that Black Police chief played by Tim Ried......at the end he tells Beck he'd go through a door with him anytime. They loosely used a conversation from Vice....excellent movie and I'd tell anyone to watch it! I give this movie a thumbs up as well......He's done many movies and I love them all but some are more intense than others, this is one of them.

Cease FireI watched this movie too last night. Had a Don Movie night!This was done I thought earlier but it says 85. It was filmed in Miami and they thank the Miami Vet clinic and Dade and Broward county. This is an important movie to Vets, especially from Nam. Dj did a fantastic job with his emotional play of a Vet with flash backs, jumping at loud noises or babies crying setting off more flash backs and denying it. He did that cause it went away for a few years and then out of work and meeting an ex-nam Vet they buddie up. He has a wife played by the same girl who was in An Officer and Gentleman and she had the same name as that character, Paula..lol...Lisa Blount. She is determined to help him, but he won't tell her what is wrong, why he wakes with nightmares in a sweat, irritable, picking fights, yelling at the kids and suddenly drinking more. She finds a pamphlet in his jacket about the Vet clinic that this guy gave him and he doesn't go right away and when he does he will not open up. But his wife goes to the Vet's wife group. He hits bottom and Dj like he did in Shadow in the dark, plays this part so well. Several times he's awakes and actually is living in the flashback. Once stalking the house with a knife thinking he's in country and scaring his child and doesn't remember it. Then with his wife, crawling in the back yard and dragging her thinking she is one of his buddies. It's a touching and heart wrenching story on what some Vets went through when they came back from Nam. Done through HBO, it's another excellent movie by him, he has always been so underrated as an actor. If you ever get the chance watch this movie, do so. It explains and shows so much. I cried both times watching it, he did such a great job with the character, Tim Murphy.......my sister saw it once and was blown away at his acting and the story the movie protrayed.....I give it a thumbs up. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
Word of honorIn my opinion the court-scene, when he has tears in his eyes, is one of Donnie's best performances.Cease FireAnother Vietnam related movie. And a great performance too.ParadiseNice to see Don side by side to Melanie. Heartwarming story, beautiful landscape and a young and sweet Eljah Wood.Dead BangMy first DJ-movie I saw in cinema. Great true story. Always fascinating to watch.Return to Macon CountyA very old movie, which I like very much. Very young and pretty DJ side by side to Nick Nolte. Nice story.The long hot summerBen Quick is one of Don's best parts forever. Why we don't get it on DVD? It's a shame!I'm sure there are a quite a lot more great DJ-movies, but this one's are my favorites at this time.

Word of honorIn my opinion the court-scene" data-date=" when he has tears in his eyes, is one of Donnie">

Cease FireAnother Vietnam related movie. And a great performance too.ParadiseNice to see Don side by side to Melanie. Heartwarming story, beautiful landscape and a young and sweet Eljah Wood.Dead BangMy first DJ-movie I saw in cinema. Great true story. Always fascinating to watch.Return to Macon CountyA very old movie, which I like very much. Very young and pretty DJ side by side to Nick Nolte. Nice story.The long hot summerBen Quick is one of Don's best parts forever. Why we don't get it on DVD? It's a shame!I'm sure there are a quite a lot more great DJ-movies, but this one's are my favorites at this time.

Yes, Return to Macon county was a very good one. The girl, forget her name was on General Hospital in the 80's and we all know how sucessful Nick became. I went on Amazon and Ebay and got as many of his movies as I could. A Boy and his dog -very young DJ and strange movie but I like strange movies. Of course our man was good in it. I am still looking and wonder if I'll ever find the 13 episodes of the Tv series he made with Kim Bassinger, From Here To Eternity. I want that so badly that it frustrates me. :cry:Another young DJ movie- Snowblind- with a young Dj and Veronica Hamil. Young Dj as in a lot of his young movies and a few older ones but more maturely done, is a ladies man. But he is brave in this one too. Harrad Experiment - With Melanie's mom, Tipi. Oh he was cute in that one and hot. But the story was about a partial nudist campus. Oh and he is so cute and funny and did a great job in a movie called"Soggy Bottom, USA" Taking place in thirties. Boy I loved him in those clothes. They lived in the Glades too..lol...Ok, I stop here with "The Rebel" In the 1700's and he looks good in that too, go figure. Of course he plays a ladies man, messing around with a married woman at first. But he grows up and then becomes a man of honor. I enjoy period movies and enjoyed this one. Ok, zipping it....:D

I never saw The dead bang.When I was 20 I digged DJ & Mickey Rourke in H.D & the Malboro man.

Evan . I met Mickey Rourke, he was filming here in Jersey, a few blocks from were I used to work. Homeboy I think the movie was called and got a pic with him.....Harley and the Marlbro man, that was a good movie but Dead Bang is one of the real good ones. If you ever get a chance to see it don't miss it,,.......

Ok' date=' I stop here with "The Rebel" In the 1700's and he looks good in that too, go figure. Of course he plays a ladies man, messing around with a married woman at first. But he grows up and then becomes a man of honor. I enjoy period movies and enjoyed this one. [/quote']Good to hear about this movie, because I try to buy it on Ebay at this moment.

• 3 weeks later...

As I mentioned on another thread, Harley Davidson & The Marlboro Man would be my pick, but Guilty As Sin is very good too. Haven't seen Dead Bang though, the impression I get from you guys is that I really should!

Well to be honest, the only thing I've seen DJ in is in MV. But I was perusing IMDB to see what else he is in, and there is a bunch of foreign films from Italy and other countries most recently. Does he speak different languages or soemthing? Has he been in any American movies recently? Or does he not like america :p

He has been in "Moondance Alexander". It was shot in 2006 and is now available on DVD."Bastardi" is an Italian movie, where his voice is synchronized. On "Lange flate ballaer II" he speaks english, the others norwegian, all with subtitles (so far as I know).