What is your fav DJ movie?

crocketsgrl

Don was great but the movie was horrible! I was going to erase it off my hard drive, but I may just record the scenes that DJ appears in.

I thought Don stole the show, and I hope there's a bigger role in the future for him if he were to appear in another Tarantino flick.

Enjoyed the film up to the last 30 minutes but Jamie Foxx alone wasn't strong enough to hold the movie together and I was more interested in how much time there were left than watching what was going on.

I haven't seen Django Kill yet. Tarantino films don't interest me that much. He rarely does anything original. He rips off scenes from other movies too much. He calls it homage but another word would be plagiarism. However think Reservoir Dogs is still his best film.

We have only one choice  :eek: I like a lot of his movies but I say his recent performance in Cold In July we see Don's skills at work.

Edited by alleycat
  • Like 1

Eingefügtes Bild

Not in theatres anymore - but hope they continue making these books - Don said could be a few movies when he was promoting "Cold in July"   :D

Edited by Matt5

Hey all thought we could talk about fav movies he did and maybe our favorite parts of the movies......Got the idea from Timm's account of the scene in Dead Bang. I love Dead Bang and that it's a true story. I love that he has the guy that plays Ira Stone in that too. How he and the probation officer (Ira) run after the kid and when Jerry gets him he throws up all over him and uses that to get the kid to talk. I thought it was a strange scene, yet it was a true story so this had to have happened. I remember thinking oh God that is too much and the officer that arrested the kid having to deal with the smell...lolDid anyone ever realize just how many MV guests and stars he brought to his movies? I love Sweethearts Dance, first DJ movie I saw when getting back into MV. I love the scene where him and Susan fight in the bathroom, it's so real and so DJ. She acts so well that it complemented his acting. Also how playful like a kids (puppies)he and Jeff Daniels is in the movie. I also love Long hot Summer. William Russ was excellent and it's almost like they take off again from Evan.......

Hey Crocketsgrl, couldn't agree more. Wonder where my nickname comes from? ;-)

PS As I wrote in another post, the barf scene happened to me in my real life! LOL

• 3 months later...

My personal fave top-3 DJ movies:

3. "Guilty as Sin" (1993)

2. "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" (1991)

and 1...

"Dead Bang" (1989)

Yeah, Dead Bang on top. Remember the name of the character portraied by DJ? That's where my nickname comes from ;-)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Don in a movie with commie traitor Jane Fonda. He did namecheck Hanoi Jane in Red Tape.

Her bro Pete is a cool guy and actor though. He's much better than his sis.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For me its  -  In Pursuit of Honor
                       Dead Bang 
                       Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man

:cool:

Edited by Victor