Streetwise (Season 3)

Tom

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Gotcha. The “search/find” was the holy grail. I was thinking of the “location”.  You guys are really amazing. 

The party house from “Rites of Passage” is my favorite find so far, I think (on “locations”). 

Thanks. The party house was a milk run compared to the Ramrod.

Gotcha with the party house. Still dreaming of the hookers?:p

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

No. I also have a trick knee. :D 

That excuse was just for the dancing :) I´ll explain you the difference if you want :D

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

That excuse was just for the dancing :) I´ll explain you the difference if you want :D

Well I’m not sure what that gal whispered in Crockett’s ear, but I’m 99% it implied something more than dancing. :sick:

Ya good memories.  I was the one who came up with the Hialeah lead that turned out to be false.  Mr. Neon, who did the neon decorations, told me that the building was just around the corner on Palm Ave.  Remembrance can be a tricky thing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

and finally..... we got a rare picture (postcard of 1935) of our "pink cangaroo", the St. David Court Hotel (Ramrod).

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-31 um 19.46.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-14 um 16.50.34.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, Tom said:

LOCATION VERIFICATION: MAYFLOWER MOTEL STAIRCASE

As @C Glide suspected, the staircase where Silk pushes Roxanne along (supposedly into the Mayflower Motel) is at 1478 Collins Court, that is the rear of the Nassau Suite Hotel at 1414 Collins Ave.(same hotel as in Hit List where Tubbs nearly caught the Argentinian hitman.

I carefully compared the staircase with reality and it matches, but they closed the staircase on the street level and made the side window a bit smaller, but the double railings, the small window and where it starts and the staircase itself matches fully.

The interior of the Mayflower looks like a real motel with room number 7 and real opposite doors (usually not the case with studio sets), also the outside of the glass brick window seems real, but this is no match with the Nassau Suite Hotel as there is no glass brick window anywhere. Also near the hotel no match.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 23.12.12.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 23.12.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 23.13.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 23.21.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 23.30.45.png

The newest Google Street View (July 2022) caught the doors open.  It shows more of the modification with the wall being brought out to the curb.

https://goo.gl/maps/DHByWE39ndRNH3ih6

• Like 2

• 4 months later...