Nash Bridges, tell anything you want.

crocketsgrl

I thought until it comes over here from either Tony or Nancy I'd start a little thing on Nash Bridges.I included a Youtube from one of my fav scenes below. Again I noticed that on this show and his movies he has MV guest stars and cast in this show. I like the first season the best, with Bren, AJ, Joe, Harv and Evan. I think Harv is so funny and how he and Evan get along just makes me smile. Nash and Joe are too funny together. Joe always coming up with a scheme and Nash trying to reason with him. but it's too funny how they are both afraid of Inger......way too funny. AJ is like a more personable Castillo in this and I enjoy how the two get along on here as well. I love Bren and didn't like when she left the show........I think this was more gaged toward family, with Nick, Cassidy and his two ex wifes. Love the line in Genesis.Your ex wife is on the phone. Which one? ex wife number one. I think that's how it went, have to watch that one again. And then there is Inger and Joe. Plus, there is more comedy in this show. I love Vice but I also love Nash Bridges. Here are one of my favorite scenes with Joe dancing to the Village People and directing traffic, while Nash laughs but says he doesn't know him..lol...

Well that's it for now, I'll add more as the thread continues......What do you all think?__________________Thanks Pal, Crocketsgrl --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmathews

• crocketsgrl

• Tony D.

• Frey

Hi,Nash is not released in Germnay tooo....:cry:But i have all episodes on dvd self recorded .I love this series, it has soo much fun and i enjoy to watch this series.Although NB has not so much sense und claim like MV, you can relax by watching it.The characters are very funny, most i like nash, harvey and caitlin.My favourite season is the fourth, because i like the diputes between nash and caitlin.My favourite episode is frisco blues & goodbye kiss.Further i love the yellow '71 cuda ,, it is the nicest musclecar on earth.

NB is very good (though I haven't had time to watch it on WGN in awhile). Sort of a lighter-hearted MV. Is it wrong that "Bubba" has become part of my dialogue, along with "Pal"?

NB was a good lighthearted follow up the Vice.... Nash could of been a more relaxed and older Crockett in the show.Has anyone seen the episodes with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in them? They are great!! I think they are running into the final season on FX (UK sky TV channel)

I recorded every single ep when they were on here last year. I love love love it. More humour than MV..the characters Joe & Harvey I loveI agree Bren should have stayed in longer..she kicked butt!Love Nash's clothes too.

NB is very good (though I haven't had time to watch it on WGN in awhile). Sort of a lighter-hearted MV. Is it wrong that "Bubba" has become part of my dialogue' date=' along with "Pal"?[/quote']Lar,You had me laughing hard reading this part. And you can say Bubba and Pal, it's all DJ...lol....A lot of fans would never say anything to you about it. So go for it, Bubba!

I got DVD's the Ebay way. Yes, they are just recorded from the VHS tapes but it's so cool and I got 6 seasons cheap! But I don't know why they haven't come out with. And LMD I did notice that Carlton Cuse from NB now does LOST....that is cool.I never understood why they kept the blooper in Genesis, where Nash tells Evan that there are only 14 of the Cudas made and this one is a 1970. After that they use the right year of 1971. Hol, sorry you can't get the YOUTUBE, Dial -up when I had it, Youtube took 2 hours to load and it was a pain......it's the one where Joe is dancing to YMCA and directing the traffic did you ever see that one? I would have to look on my DVD jackets. When watching them I put the name of each episode and a brief summary on the jacket......

NB was a good lighthearted follow up the Vice.... Nash could of been a more relaxed and older Crockett in the show.Has anyone seen the episodes with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in them? They are great!! I think they are running into the final season on FX (UK sky TV channel)

Crockettstheme, Yes, I have them all and I love how Austin tries to get Caitlin and she side steps him. How Nash chuckles finding out she went out with him before......Nash is just so cool that way. Can't remember which episode, but when Nash finally got Steve on the team they went undercover, Austin and Caitlin, to a wedding...oh that was so funny and they were all getting a kick out of that one.

I recorded every single ep when they were on here last year. I love love love it. More humour than MV..the characters Joe & Harvey I loveI agree Bren should have stayed in longer..she kicked butt!Love Nash's clothes too.

Chloe, I loved Bren, she was great! Better than some of the women they later put on the show. And she certainly did kick butt in many episodes as well..lol...I liked Nash's clothes in the beginning. Towards the end the suits were so much alike and I didn't go for that style. Though in the beginning, he wore some different things than he did on Vice but they were so nice. I loved him in jumpers over his shirts. It was colder in SF and so he could wear the sweaters. Funny how DJ lived in SF for a long time and then went back there for the 6 yrs to do Nash Bridges......

His car might be like the Daytona as in there being several,but I've seen it on Ebay for like 200,000. I wanted to ask the seller if Don Johnson comes with it,but somehow I don't think so.

No release on DVD in France:evil:Do you have a release on DVD in USA ?

No DVD's here either but I do have most of them on tape.

They haven't released the DVD's yet. I think I mentioned that but I just don't understand why. Everything you watch today on Tv is right in the store the next season. So why not Nash Bridges. Look how long it took for Vice...but Lost, Desperate Housewives, Saprano's , Nip/Tuck are right there to buy......just don't understand that one.

They haven't released the DVD's yet. I think I mentioned that but I just don't understand why. Everything you watch today on Tv is right in the store the next season. So why not Nash Bridges. Look how long it took for Vice...but Lost' date=' Desperate Housewives, Saprano's , Nip/Tuck are right there to buy......just don't understand that one.[/quote']They only released one season of Simon & Simon also, which ran longer than NB. I mean the Equalizer series one just came out. When I see some of the ridiculous crap they release on DVD, (failed sitcoms, etc.) it frustrates the hell out of me.

Hollie, I liked the first season of NB because he wore jeans and shirts, some sweaters but not the same suit in different colors. I never understood that one. But the jeans and boots do nicely by me....lol....

They only released one season of Simon & Simon also' date=' which ran longer than NB. I mean the Equalizer series one just came out. When I see some of the ridiculous crap they release on DVD, (failed sitcoms, etc.) it frustrates the hell out of me.[/quote']Jonny, it drive me nuts too you aren't alone on that one, pal.....they should release NB on DVD'sAnd Lee, sorry, didn't comment on the beginning of your post. Yes, you are spot on with Nash being the older maturer and relaxed Crockett.

Sniper Thrid Season

I got DVD's the Ebay way. Yes' date=' they are just recorded from the VHS tapes but it's so cool and I got 6 seasons cheap! But I don't know why they haven't come out with. And LMD I did notice that Carlton Cuse from NB now does LOST....that is cool.I never understood why they kept the blooper in Genesis, where Nash tells Evan that there are only 14 of the Cudas made and this one is a 1970. After that they use the right year of 1971. Hol, sorry you can't get the YOUTUBE, Dial -up when I had it, Youtube took 2 hours to load and it was a pain......it's the one where Joe is dancing to YMCA and directing the traffic did you ever see that one? I would have to look on my DVD jackets. When watching them I put the name of each episode and a brief summary on the jacket......[/quote']The episode of Nash where Joe directs traffic to YMCA is Sniper. It's the halloween episode and the regular San Francisco cops are out with blue flu. The SIU is reduced to handling radio calls and doing some of the things the usual unies would do. In this case a traffic light has broken down and Nash and Joe are part of the crowd of drivers that's ensnarled in traffic. They get the call on their car radiophone that there's a snarl, either Nash or Joe answer it by saying we're already there. Since it's hallwoween, people are wearing costumes and Joe sees a traffic cop but it's only some guy dressed up as one of the Village People, so Joe borrows his helmet and whistle and begins to direct traffic, as the rest of the 'traffic cop's' friends comes out dressed as the the other Village people and complain that they'll never make rehersal, so they decide to turn on their boombox and reherse right there. hense they reherse to YMCA complete with the original hand signals we did in the seventies, and Joe directs the traffic to the beat of the music. I like the part where his whistle falls out of his mouth because some girl lifts up her top. The whole sequence is funny built arround a mostly humerous, episode but with the real problem of dealing with a sniper with out the usual manpower.

Nash not on DVD very frustrating

I've been wanting Nash on DVD as well. You figure it ended in 2001 so 7 years ago. 7 years ago and STILL no DVD's.

I know what you mean, I've been wanting NASH on DVD ever since it went out of production. However it was originally produced by DJ's company and Rysher was the distributor. Rysher went out of business. So now Paramount (the Ferrengies as we in Star Trek fandom call them) has the rights to distribute the show. They were so busy releasing the Star Treks and making you pay through the nose with them, and I just get the idea they don't think it's a big priority, plus they probably can make more money making tv stations pay for the rights to show it. What they don't realize that alot of us that watch it on tv would go out and buy the dvds and watch it on TV. Anyway it's been frustrating and I'm still waiting, but yeah it's been 7 years since the show ended, but with Miami Vice it was over 20 years before we got that on DVD. While NASH doesn't use as much original music as MV does, they did have quite a bit of music that rights would still have to be negotiated for. NASH came out inbetween the switch to DVDs when Nash first came out VHS was still the prevelent format. The shows that come out now days proabably have the rights for DVD negotiated right in while still in production.

The episode of Nash where Joe directs traffic to YMCA is Sniper. It's the halloween episode and the regular San Francisco cops are out with blue flu. The SIU is reduced to handling radio calls and doing some of the things the usual unies would do. In this case a traffic light has broken down and Nash and Joe are part of the crowd of drivers that's ensnarled in traffic. They get the call on their car radiophone that there's a snarl' date=' either Nash or Joe answer it by saying we're already there. Since it's hallwoween, people are wearing costumes and Joe sees a traffic cop but it's only some guy dressed up as one of the Village People, so Joe borrows his helmet and whistle and begins to direct traffic, as the rest of the 'traffic cop's' friends comes out dressed as the the other Village people and complain that they'll never make rehersal, so they decide to turn on their boombox and reherse right there. hense they reherse to YMCA complete with the original hand signals we did in the seventies, and Joe directs the traffic to the beat of the music. I like the part where his whistle falls out of his mouth because some girl lifts up her top. The whole sequence is funny built arround a mostly humerous, episode but with the real problem of dealing with a sniper with out the usual manpower.[/quote']Thanks Nancy, I love that part. I remember that episode now. I have it written on the dvd jacket but there are 30 dvd's for the 6 seasons that were burned for me. I know I used to have the Youtube for this, I might have put it up on Org. Can't remember. Oh and Pepe, love him, you have too..lol.....thanks again

I know what you mean' date=' I've been wanting NASH on DVD ever since it went out of production. However it was originally produced by DJ's company and Rysher was the distributor. Rysher went out of business. So now Paramount (the Ferrengies as we in Star Trek fandom call them) has the rights to distribute the show. They were so busy releasing the Star Treks and making you pay through the nose with them, and I just get the idea they don't think it's a big priority, plus they probably can make more money making tv stations pay for the rights to show it. What they don't realize that alot of us that watch it on tv would go out and buy the dvds and watch it on TV. Anyway it's been frustrating and I'm still waiting, but yeah it's been 7 years since the show ended, but with Miami Vice it was over 20 years before we got that on DVD. While NASH doesn't use as much original music as MV does, they did have quite a bit of music that rights would still have to be negotiated for. NASH came out inbetween the switch to DVDs when Nash first came out VHS was still the prevelent format. The shows that come out now days proabably have the rights for DVD negotiated right in while still in production.[/quote']Nancy this is so interesting. But you'd think DJ would push at them since re-run he will make money but won't he make more from the DVD's? I never thought about getting the music rights. They must have gone nuts to do that for Vice. Thanks so much.:cheers: