Nash Bridges, tell anything you want.

crocketsgrl

• Administrators
Actually' date=' he did mention MV! Talking about Meat Loaf guest starring, he said MV was such a hot show, everyone wanted to be on it. Then he said Meat had been on MV. I don't remember that?[/quote']He must've been thinking of his song "Standing On The Outside"

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmathews

• crocketsgrl

• Tony D.

• Frey

funny, im watching s02 now and i recognize a lot of the things said in this threadi think its a real loss bren left early and i liked harvey tooa lot of ex-vice guest stars reappear and new ones that we would later see in movies and/or series

Well I got a surprise in Hide and SeekSince I was a Nash fan long before I was a Vice fan and have seen every Nash at least 10 or 11 times by now, I didn't think there was anything left to surprise me. But a few weeks ago in Season 4's Hide and Seek (We're currently in Season 5 on WGN) I saw Elly Pugot in this episode as a madam called Annie Lindsey that Nash let run her business in return for information. Yep Rosella from MV's Junk Love. So I guess I can add another guest star who was on Vice that's been on Nash now. ;)

Interesting - I hope they continue to release NB on Dvd - I mean Season 1 was out in October, Season 2 quickly followed in March, but as yet Paramount have not announced 3 - nearly three months after the last release.NB on dvd looks great - I think Paramount have done a fine job on the remastered picture/clean up etc , anyone agree about the NB picture/sound quality on the dvds. ??

Does anyone know when NB will be released in Europe ?(I see that US-imported versions are available over here, but I want it with Nordic subs)

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched "Night Train" for the first time. Excellent episode! :clap: :clap: :clap: The only thing I would have done differently about that ep would be to drop the family stuff (Cassidy in the hospital getting doped up). It was more of a distraction since the plot of the episode was so compelling IMO.

Wow, that's one of my favourite episodes too! Most of all I love the scene when Nash says: "You want me to kiss the girl?" And then kisses that crazy female gangster, and she says "it wasn't bad", looking completely dazed... :clap:Well, Frey, you maybe right about distraction... But on a second thought... the family stuff and all those "distractions" is one of the things I love about "Nash Bridges". Doesn't let me to get bored... and I can be bored quickly enough with shooting. Just IMO again, tastes differ. :)

Oh, I agree that those "distractions" were what made Nash great, but for this episode, I thought it would have been better without it. Nash didn't even know anything until after he got to the hospital. He didn't even go there to see her either.

Hm... Starting to agree with you on this one... They probably just used Cassidy's problems to fill the time. Well, nothing bad about it either... Maybe they should invent something more connected to Nash... or something not so stressful. Too much adventures for one day... LOL

I've got my home-burned DVDs of Nash right off my TV & I love them! Only cost me the price of the blank discs & the time to edit commercials, but enjoyed the episodes while doing it. :thumbsup: I need another Don Johnson police action series right about now, & so does Don!

I think girls are more to family subplots than guys, IMHO. ;) To me some of SIU investigations are not so amazingly interesting (well, let's face it - it's not "Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" or something like that...). But I always enjoy their "private life" stories and humour, and how they (I mean characters, especially Nash and Joe) deal with different situations, many of which are rather comic, and some are dramatic.

To be honest, I just don't watch Nash that much anymore, it just doesn't have the style and writing of Vice, it's just a bit too formula nowadays unlike Miami Vice which was stylish and arthouse looking.

To me some of SIU investigations are not so amazingly interesting (well, let's face it - it's not "Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" or something like that...). But I always enjoy their "private life" stories and humour, and how they (I mean characters, especially Nash and Joe) deal with different situations, many of which are rather comic, and some are dramatic.

wrong!well, at least that doesnt count for me

sometimes when i see Nash on WGN i feel like there are small scenes that weren't on usa.

That's possible. I know when Spenser: For Hire was in syndication on Lifetime and TNT, there were some more violent scenes that they showed on TNT, but not on Lifetime.

To be honest' date=' I just don't watch Nash that much anymore, it just doesn't have the style and writing of Vice, it's just a bit too formula nowadays unlike Miami Vice which was stylish and arthouse looking.[/quote'] Hey Agent 47, I agree about the lack of style & the better writing in MV, but Nash has much more humour & intense, cool gunfights and DJ, who is always cool, than most (if not all) the cop shows on TV today!

I used to watch it just for the cuda' when I was a kid but after reading how those cuda's we're treated im kind of put off by that now.http://www.totallyautoinc.com/nashbridges/nashp1/nbp1.html

Hey Kav, I know you are disappointed in the truth about the 'Cuda, but all TV & movies use deception on the screen. ( movie magic ) The car still looked cool & so was the show! :cool:

About Nash on WGN & My take on NashAbout what someone said about scenes in WGN that weren't in the USA versions. This works both ways. There are some scenes on WGN that are missing that I know I saw on the USA versions. The problem with me is I've got alot of them taped from the original broadcasts on CBS so I forget what I saw where. Currently wer'e in season 6 and there are only a few episodes I like in Season 6. I think today is Quack Fever so I'm recording that one so I can watch it when I get home (That has Jesse Johnson in it).My favorite seasons of Nash are Season 1 & 2. some of Season 3 is good too. Once they went to Treasure Island and didn't use the City locations as much it wasn't as good in my opinion. Seasons 1 & 2 use some good style and locations. It's not Vice but it resembled Vice in that aspect more than in later years. Of course all of Season 1 and most of Season 2 had John Nicolla's (sp?)touch. As for the family aspect. I enjoyed that much more. Don't get me wrong. I love Sonny Crockett, but with Nash i feel I could trust him partly because he was so dedicated to his family. Sonny seemed split, over dedicated to his profession and getting more cynical as time went on and getting more split in the process. Nash's mix of comedic and drama in some cases, and the family aspect made it just enough different to keep me intrested. If I wanted to watch a straight drama I could have always turned to Homicide Life on the Streets, which I never did back then. (I've only began watching Homicide in re-runs) As for the Cuda, the Cuda was a character, I really didn't care if it was real or not, just like Sonny's Datona I couldn't care less if it was a real Ferrari or not. I just prefer convertables, and the fact that the Cuda was special because his brother gave to him before he left for 'Nam' shaped the car's character as far as I'm concerend.

About not being Sherlock Homes Do you remember?

I think girls are more to family subplots than guys' date=' IMHO. ;) To me some of SIU investigations are not so amazingly interesting (well, let's face it - it's not "Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" or something like that...). But I always enjoy their "private life" stories and humour, and how they (I mean characters, especially Nash and Joe) deal with different situations, many of which are rather comic, and some are dramatic.[/quote']funny you mention Sherlock Holmes. They did have an episode where this crazy guy thought he was Professor Moriarity or any Holmes villian and Nash was Sherlock Holmes. I think it was called "one flew over the Cuda's nest" They even mentioned the "final bow"; a Couple of short story titles, and the 'Cannon' in that episode.

One other thing about NASH. less kills than SonnyOver the last time I re-watched the Nash Bridges episodes, I ran my own body count from Nash. (similar to what we did with Sonny in Vice.) I came up with an unofficial count of 103 shooting kills from Nash in 122 episodes, some of which didn't have any kills from him at all (other people did the killing.) I think Sonny Crockett ended up with about 150 or so in the MV episodes. I can't remember. I just know that Sonny had more kills than Nash. :)

• 3 weeks later...
wrong!well' date=' at least that doesnt count for me[/quote']Of course it doesn't count for anyone, it was just a general observation... or I'd better say "supposititon". :)I didn't run any body-counts, but it kind of struck me when I watched "Law and order" not long ago, and one of the characters said that most policemen didn't pull a trigger even once in their life... It was an episode about a cop who killed someone, and they discussed and investigated it like it was something very unusual and shocking. And I suppose it can be true, but in "Vice" and "Nash" they fire their guns all the time, a cop kills a criminal almost in every episode. :confused: Kind of a different genre, I guess...

No gun fights would make for a boring cop show! Although, people like L & O & CSI Miami. But tell me they grab you like....... MIAMI VICE ! :thumbsup::dance2::cool: