MIAMI VICE PHOTOSHOOT BLAZER FOUND!

COOPER&BURNETT

I finally got it!

Another Crockett blazer to add to the collection! I've wanted this blazer from the photoshoot with DON JOHNSON for quite a while, it became available to me, now I finally own it.It's made of the finest, softest suede leather. It's made in Italy. It's fairly light in weight. It's entirely unlined. It fits me perfectly. It's extremely comfortable. In 1985, it would have cost $1,675.00 (That's in 1985 dollars! Wonder what it would have retailed for in today's dollars?) The blazer was on the cover of SOLDIER OF FORTUNE MAGAZINE, and TV GUIDE. It was never actually worn on MIAMI VICE, (as several photoshoot blazers and clothes didn't appear in the show) but they were carefully thought out photoshoots of DON JOHNSON as SONNY CROCKETT which helped to promote the show.  

ANOTHER MIAMIVICEONLINE Exclusive!

100_0813.jpgnbc30-1.jpgsofcover-1.jpgVICETV.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 1

Here's a straight on shot of the blazer with the sleeves rolled up like in the photoshoot.

100_0820.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Wow,you continue to surprise, Coop.Just when I think "The Collection" can't get any better ...I can see how it didn't get used "onscreen" (it violated the "no earth tones" rule) ...

Wow' date='you continue to surprise, Coop.Just when I think "The Collection" can't get any better ...I can see how it didn't get used "onscreen" (it violated the "no earth tones" rule) ...[/quote']

Your correct, it is an earth tone. However, it's closer in color to "NATURAL", which could be used in the show if it was light enough (Look at my signature photo of C&T in my posts. DJ's pants are a kind of natural, or very light tan. However, it was a photoshoot picture, but the photo of the outfit seen below did appear in MIAMI VICE).

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Crockett had very few leather items he wore. He did, at times, wear leather slip on shoes, his leather holster, his leather biker jacket in TO HAVE AND TO HOLD,.....but leather is not what Crockett typically wanted to wear in the very hot and humid Florida weather.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I always wondered about that blaser and why it wasnt worn in the show.it does looks good on you though, not bad for a 20+ year old blaser

I always wondered about that blaser and why it wasnt worn in the show.it does looks good on you though' date=' not bad for a 20+ year old blaser[/quote']

Why wasn't THIS blazer used in the show?? :confused: This is the other photoshoot blazer I own.

.carsmv2.jpgcarsmv.jpg

From what I can understand Kavinsky, is that these were given to the the photoshoots specifically, most likely to show off the latest threads by the clothing makers. Why then, they weren't used in the show is a mystery to me as well. The newest blazer is in mint conditon. It looks like new. Must have been well protected when it was stored. :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Very nice. Great find. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'll preserve it. The leather is a thin suede. It's buttery smooth, and is very flexible, and not stiff at all. It's amazing, and I will wear this one quite a lot. It was, and will still be in a temperature controlled area.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here is the inside of the blazer. It is completely unlined.Eingefügtes BildI always enjoy reading your replies and comments!

Congrats COOP!! Nice to see you had another opportunity come your way and another VICE item we are all envious over. Thank You sooo much for sharing with us. COOP,...YOU rock!! Thanx again, Mike...Come to think of it, how many actual blazers from the show, which were worn, do you have? I know you have some that I just love that are close and VERY show worthy, just curious. Thanx again, Mike...

Congrats COOP!! Nice to see you had another opportunity come your way and another VICE item we are all envious over. Thank You sooo much for sharing with us. COOP' date='...YOU rock!! Thanx again, Mike...Come to think of it, how many actual blazers from the show, which were worn, do you have? I know you have some that I just love that are close and VERY show worthy, just curious. Thanx again, Mike...[/quote']

That's a good question. I'd have to count them. 6 or so I think off the top of my head. I'm always so happy to read comments from members. It makes showing these items so much more satisfying to have the acknowledgement of our members who are die hard fans post what they think about it.Mike....as I've said before, dude, YOU ROCK!! Thanks for always posting a nice comment! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Beautiful jacket, Coop! Wear it in good health. :thumbsup: I'm amazed at the picture with the jacket, watch and the shield! One question : In some pics the jacket looks light brown and in other pics it looks definitely gray. Same with Crockett's jacket. Is it because of different lighting situations?

It's buttery smooth, and is very flexible, and not stiff at all...

Darn. You were doing so well, right up until the end there ... :eek:

Wauw CooperWhat a great find!And it looks good on you to. :thumbsup: Almost as good as DJ. I like the photo with DJ better but maybe that is because his head is in the picture :D or..... :happy:) I really really like this blazer just because it is bit different then the others DJ worn.

Beautiful jacket' date=' Coop! Wear it in good health. :thumbsup: I'm amazed at the picture with the jacket, watch and the shield! One question : In some pics the jacket looks light brown and in other pics it looks definitely gray. Same with Crockett's jacket. Is it because of different lighting situations?[/quote']

Two reasons Tony. (the very biggest difference) Different lighting. You can see from photos of my other photoshoot blazer that sometimes that jacket looks slightly blueish, and crockett's shirt white, the jacket is actually black and white, which gives it a grey look. Also Crockett's shirt in the other blazer looks white sometimes, and aqua other times. The other reason is that suede is interesting, because if you slide your had down it in one direction, is looks somewhat dark, but if your slide your hand down it in the opposite direction, is turns light. If you have anything suede, try it, and you'll see what I mean. If I take a photo outside in the sunlight, it will appear as the same color as in the proffesional shots. Indoors always changes the color unnaturally.

-COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Just walk into any place and the ladies will be asking about this jacket' date=' followed by asking to feel the suede. I can see it now - surrounded and mobbed by the ladies.Originally Posted by COOPER&BURNETT "It's buttery smooth, and is very flexible, and not stiff at all..."Darn. You were doing so well, right up until the end there ... :eek:[/quote']

:D           No Richie........that's the result AFTERWARDS! ;):thumbsup::D :D

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Wauw CooperWhat a great find!And it looks good on you to. :thumbsup: Almost as good as DJ. I like the photo with DJ better but maybe that is because his head is in the picture :D or..... :happy:) I really really like this blazer just because it is bit different then the others DJ worn.

At first, years ago, I didn't care for it much, just because it's different. Now, years later, I love it because it is different! It's a perfect size for me, as all the special blazers are, as I'm Don Johnson's size. I'm so happy right now, I'm going to put it on in the cool morning, and go out and get some coffee. (I hope richie is right, and women mob me to feel the suede!) ;) I have more pictures to show. I love all these replies!!!  I'm having so much fun reading them! :dance2:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

At first' date=' years ago, I didn't care for it much, just because it's different. Now, years later, I love it because it is different!It's a perfect size for me, as all the special blazers are.I'm so happy right now, I'm going to put it on in the cool morning, and go out and get some coffee. (I hope richie is right, and women mob me to feel the suede!) ;)I have more pictures to show.I love all these replies!!! I'm having so much fun reading them! :dance2:[/quote']Mob you???? :eek:Maybe you should think twice before leaving the house then. :DI love to see more pictures. :thumbsup: