MIAMI VICE PHOTOSHOOT BLAZER FOUND!

COOPER&BURNETT

Mob you???? :eek:Maybe you should think twice before leaving the house then. :DI love to see more pictures. :thumbsup:

Well, I did go out and get Coffee and donuts (I hope I'm not on anyone's hitlist! :) I hear snipers like donuts and coffee), but there wasn't enough people around to mob me. Three chinese ladies in thier late 60's who were ahead of me didn't react. The young lady at the counter acted shy, and coy. But...although it was 100 degrees here yesterday, it was about 60 degrees this morning, so I decided to wear the whole outfit like I have shown in the photos (minus the badge ;)). Yes. I do wear these special clothes from time to time. I'll post more photos after my morning coffee and reading the paper.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

But...although it was 100 degrees here yesterday' date=' it was about 60 degrees this morning...[/quote']Come to Florida, and you will be thoroughly annoyed, as I am already. The temp does not even go below 80 degress at night. I hate it - arrgghhh. Can't wear any blazers for the next 5 or 6 months.

Two reasons Tony. (the very biggest difference) different lighting.You can see from photos of my other photoshoot blazer that sometimes that jacket looks slightly blueish' date=' and crockett's shirt white, the jacket is actually black and white, which gives it a grey look. Also Crockett's shirt in the other blazer looks white sometimes, and aqua other times.The other reason is that suede is interesting, because if you slide your had down it in one direction, is looks somewhat dark, but if your slide your hand down it in the opposite direction, is turns light. If youhave anything suede, try it, and you'll see what I mean.If I take a photo outside in the sunlight, it will appear as the same color as in the proffesional shots. Indoors always changes the color unnaturally.-COOP[/quote']

Not sure if this illustrates what I'm talking about or not, but here is a shot taken at about 9:00 am in the sun, and one taken inside. Do you see a color difference? If I took the photo outside later in the day when the sun is higher, the color would again look slightly different.

100_0851.jpg100_0849.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Wow, I would swear that the one in the sun is a gray color! The other looks tan. DJ's actually looks blue in one of those pics.

Wow' date=' I would swear that the one in the sun is a gray color! The other looks tan. DJ's actually looks blue in one of those pics.[/quote']

Light will fool you. Also, it depends on the filter, or lightening or darkening of the print. It's not blue, or grey, It's a light natural brown like most suede is.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's another shot of the blazer! It graced TWO national covers. TV GUIDE, and SOLDIER OF FORTUNE

VICETV.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's a 35mm original slide of the blazer. SOLDIER OF FORTUNE magazine used this slide for their cover photo. The bottom photo indicates on the right hand side it's from July 1985.

100_0852.jpghpqscan0001-1.jpg

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Well' date=' I did go out and get Coffee and donuts (I hope I'm not on anyone's hitlist! :)), but there wasn't enough people around to mob me. Three chinese ladies in thier late 60's who were ahead of me didn't react. The young lady at the counter acted shy, and coy.But...although it was 100 degrees here yesterday, it was about 60 degrees this morning, so I decided to wear the whole outfit like I have shown in the photos (minus the badge ;)). Yes. I do wear these special clothes from time to time. :thumbsup:I'll post more photos after my morning coffee and reading the paper.[/quote'] I love the fact you just go out and wear the blazer.:thumbsup::thumbsup:I would never dare that kind of thing. Every time I got special or expensive clothes something happened to it. Like a cup of thea on a white trouser,etc. Even my wedding dress didn't survive the day way back then. :cry:So if I ever come into position of owning a MV blazer I am putting it in a frame and look at it every day.

I love the fact you just go out and wear the blazer. :thumbsup::thumbsup:I would never dare that kind of thing. Every time I got special or expensive clothes something happened to it. Like a cup of thea on a white trouser' date='etc. Even my wedding dress didn't survive the day way back then. :cry:So if I ever come into position of owning a MV blazer I am putting it in a frame and look at it every day.[/quote']

I don't wear them everyday, but I do wear them in public, because I'm insane, and think I'm Sonny Crockett. :) JK ;) I am the most careful person when it comes to these iconic items. I know it's rareness and history. I'm not putting my blazers in a frame, because I do like to wear them, but eventually, I want to put them in very large glass display cases, where I can open the door, and take it out whenever I wish, but have them all in a row in their own case along a wall, or hallway.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Another great blazer Coop! Something very different and not Vice like. How is to wear this on a warm day compared to linen?Half the fun of having something exclusive and or expensive is to wear it. Theres no feeling like wearing an italian designer blazer over a pastell t-shirt and driving with the top down on a sunny day! :D

Another great blazer Coop! Something very different and not Vice like. How is to wear this on a warm day compared to linen?Half the fun of having something exclusive and or expensive is to wear it. Theres no feeling like wearing an italian designer blazer over a pastell t-shirt and driving with the top down on a sunny day! :D

Well JSCrockett, the suede jacket is hotter than the linen, that's for sure. The unlined linen blazers are hot enough on a day that is 100 degrees plus, but they breathe better. I really get off having these rare, expensive items. I also really have fun sharing it with other great fans like you! I love reading the comments, or questions. I have driven with a pastel t-shirt and blazer with the top down in my Italian Convertible (With JAN HAMMER on the Alpine)! It's heavenly dude! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I wish I had the connections to get some of these really really awesome MV blazers. I will have to live with MV like blazers. But it gives me a good feeling anyway! :thumbsup:Yesterday I drove my Porsche 911 on the highway wearing white linen suit and pink t-shirt listening to Smugglers blues and You belong to the city. Stopped downtown outside my local grociery store. Jumped out of the car looking cool with my brown Carrera 5512`s and wearing the style with enormous confidence and pride. Got a lot of attention. Ultimate Vice feeling for me!

I wish I had the connections to get some of these really really awesome MV blazers. I will have to live with MV like blazers. But it gives me a good feeling anyway! :thumbsup:Yesterday I drove my Porsche 911 on the highway wearing white linen suit and pink t-shirt listening to Smugglers blues and You belong to the city. Stopped downtown outside my local grociery store. Jumped out of the car looking cool with my brown Carrera 5512`s and wearing the style enormous confidence with pride. Got a lot of attention. Ultimate Vice feeling for me!

You know something dude,.....your MY kind of guy friend!! :clap: I thought I was the only one on earth that drove the vice style car, and dressed Crockett like with the correct shades, and linen clothes and play the music. I try to do things as close to original as possible. I like you dude! YOUR COOL! JSCrockett! :tasse_prost::thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

YOUR COOL! JSCrockett! :tasse_prost::thumbsup:

Likewise Coop! I didn`t know of any other like me before joining this website :) Since I don`t have the actual Vice items its not fair to compare.I wear the clothes every day both at work and on my time off. You should have seen me attending a board meeting with with shoes, white pants, yellow t-shirt and black blazer with the carrera`s hanging from my t-shirt. The other members wore black suits and shirts. Some days I wear the combinations from the show. Some days I do the same as Crockett did, wear what is clean without thinking of combinations of colors. Depends on my mood.At work I go under the name of DON JOHNSON. Most people don`t know the name of the characters from the series :cry: And as you, I do whatever I can to live the life of Crockett. Off course I don`t smoke or drink that much, but I always keep a bottle of Jack Daniels if I feel like having a drink. :D I think you are cool too!:thumbsup:

I once told the story here about when I went to a clothing store called "GUESS". I hate going there, because some salesperson always wants to help, and gets too personal.

The last time I was there, I brought a woman I was dating there while window shopping. We went in, and 30 seconds after walking in, this dude gets in my face and tells me about all the specials going on. I didn't care at all. He then said, something like, "Just let me know if you need any help. By the way, I'm ted, I like to know the name of our customers...so you are.....?"  Without blinking an eye, I said, "I'm Sonny. This is Gina." This young kid replies, "Hi Sonny. Let me know if you need anything."

TRUE STORY! :D   

JSCrockett. Pal, we've GOT to be friends! :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I once told the story here about when I went to a clothing store called "GUESS". I hate going there' date=' because some salesperson always wants to help, and gets too personal.The last time I was there, I brought a woman I was dating there while window shopping. We went in, and 30 seconds after walking in, this dude gets in my face and tells me about all the specials going on. I didn't care at all. He then said, something like, "Just let me know if you need any help. By the way, I'm ted, I like to know the name of our customers...so you are.....?" Without blinking an eye, I said, "I'm Sonny. This is Gina."This young kid replies, "Hi Sonny. Let me know if you need anything."TRUE STORY. :D:D:clap:JSCrockett. Pal, we've GOT to be friends! :thumbsup:[/quote'] Great story Coop! :D When I read the word face, I was thinking of Tubbs when he says "Get out of my face!Problems going to stores with very helpful sales personnel is that they "know" whats cool.I went to a store looking for a pair of blue pants, preferably loose fit and with pleats. The young guy finds a pair of pants. Blue yes, but slim fit and without pleats. He tries to convince me to buy this and a nice but three button blazer. I almost started arguing with the guy. He was only talking about what was populare these days bla bla bla. ****ing smart ass! Don`t they understand that some people don`t follow all trends?!That`s really the nice thing about MV. The blazers/style is very sweet, and very few people wear it. On the other hand not all girls appreciate it :eek:It`s almost like hearing myself when I read your posts! My type of guy! :thumbsup:

On the other hand not all girls appreciate it :eek:It`s almost like hearing myself when I read your posts! My type of guy! :thumbsup:

The women on this site, and other CLASSY women like that type of dress. I too, feel like I'm reading my own posts.INSTANT FRIENDS! :cheers:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

I once told the story here about when I went to a clothing store called "GUESS". I hate going there' date=' because some salesperson always wants to help, and gets too personal.The last time I was there, I brought a woman I was dating there while window shopping. We went in, and 30 seconds after walking in, this dude gets in my face and tells me about all the specials going on. I didn't care at all. He then said, something like, "Just let me know if you need any help. By the way, I'm ted, I like to know the name of our customers...so you are.....?" Without blinking an eye, I said, "I'm Sonny. This is Gina."This young kid replies, "Hi Sonny. Let me know if you need anything."TRUE STORY. :D:D:clap:JSCrockett. Pal, we've GOT to be friends! :thumbsup:[/quote'] I like that story too.:thumbsup: May have to try that sometime.

I wish I had the connections to get some of these really really awesome MV blazers. I will have to live with MV like blazers. But it gives me a good feeling anyway! :thumbsup:Yesterday I drove my Porsche 911 on the highway wearing white linen suit and pink t-shirt listening to Smugglers blues and You belong to the city. Stopped downtown outside my local grociery store. Jumped out of the car looking cool with my brown Carrera 5512`s and wearing the style enormous confidence with pride. Got a lot of attention. Ultimate Vice feeling for me!

Something that you said really rang a bell, here, JS Crockett. You "Jumped out of the car looking cool with my brown Carrera 5512`s and wearing the style enormous confidence with pride." That's what emulating Crockett's style does.....it gives confidence because he had confidence & showed it in his manner & dress! Wearing today's sloppy, overly large drooping pants look does not convey confidence to me!

Something that you said really rang a bell' date=' here, JS Crockett. You "Jumped out of the car looking cool with my brown Carrera 5512`s and wearing the style enormous confidence with pride." That's what emulating Crockett's style does.....it gives confidence because he had confidence & showed it in his manner & dress! Wearing today's sloppy, overly large drooping pants look does not convey confidence to me![/quote']

Actually Tony, that's a EXTREMELY good point. I stand taller, straighter, chin up, confident, and very assertive when I dress in that manner.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Here's a 35mm original slide of the blazer.SOLDIER OF FORTUNE magazine used this slide for their cover photo. The bottom photo indicates on the right hand side it's from July 1985.100_0852.jpghpqscan0001-1.jpg

In case anyone missed this.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

In case anyone missed this.

Did this come along with the blazer?I do not doubt that your blazers is from the show, but I wonder if you get some kind of certificate when you buy them?

Did this come along with the blazer?I do not doubt that your blazers is from the show' date=' but I wonder if you get some kind of certificate when you buy them?[/quote']

No.The slide was obtained seperately when it was discovered that I was going to obtain the blazer. They really needed to belong together. There never is any certificate that comes with clothes props from the show. Without saying too much, Universal didn't officially sell them to the public, and Universal doesn't directly sell them to me. Sometimes, a label will be in it indicating a character, or scene number or something like that for when it hung in wardrobe in the 80s. Labels still attached would be somewhat rare, as most, years later would be removed. I'm just thankful that I have the special oportunity to get them, because if they were going to someone else (like someone that isn't a member here), they could be treated and stored poorly, and they wouldn't be shown to the world, like I'm doing, to share, teach and educate the fans).

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT