World of Trouble

Tom

airtommy "complained" in a different location thread that there is an unusual amount of action in the location area. Well, let´s keep up the pace ...I just watched World of Trouble. Let´s summarize:Teaser, during the opening credits and the parking lot scene with Fowler was shot at the Miami Free Zone in Doral (NW 25th Str/NW 107 Ave)-same location as the "airport" in "Milk Run"the marina where Weitzler´s yacht was moored and where Sal Lombard met his father before he got a call was the Jockey Club marina @11111 Biscayne Bvd. This marina is popular as Gene Simmons lived there in "Prodigal Son" and Costelada in "Made for each other".The building where Crockett&Tubbs have the stakeout and see Lombard for the first time in this ep is 1001 Brickell Bay Drive.River Walk@Miami River behind Hyatt Hotel is where Sal is shot by Libbrizzi´s goonNow it gets interesting (unknown locations so far):Lombard´s house (in the ep they say it´s on Key Biscayne). I doubt that. That house looks like the house used in "Rising sun of death" where Tanaka lived. It´s made of a lot of wood, has some kind of Japanese touch and a pool surrounded by wooden building parts.This is Villa Ipa @ 3715 Main Highway, Coconut Grove. This house is pretty versatile as it was also temporarily "owned" by Crockett´s cousin Jack in "Jack of all Trades". This house has a distinctive wall around it, kind of rusty color with a greenish colored band parallel to the upper edge of the wall. This wall can be seen when Jack Crockett is abducted by his creditors and also in "Rising sun of death". Villa Ipa was located next to the posh house in "Lost Madonna" which was located 3593 Anchorage Way, Coconut Grove. I say was because on Google we can see that the whole area and the houses are no longer existent as in the ep. http://maps.google.at/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=3715+Main+Highway,+Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida+33133,+Vereinigte+Staaten&sll=25.722446,-80.247751&sspn=0.00203,0.003428&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3715+Main+Hwy,+Miami,+Miami-Dade+County,+Florida+33133,+Vereinigte+Staaten&ll=25.721707,-80.247914&spn=0.001015,0.001714&t=h&z=19My guess is this area was destroyed by Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and rebuilt later. (remark: The addresses of Lost Madonna and Rising sun houses are genuine as they were on the daily production sheets). BTW: this neighborhood is interesting. Castillo lives nearby (Poinciana Ave) and also Octavio Escondero ("Jack of all Trades"). No wonder Jack Crockett could not hide from Escondero. Never rip off your neighbor, Jack, he´s gonna find you fast! :DWhen my guess is right that Lombard´s house was Tanaka´s/Jack´s house, then it is likely that Rita Lombard´s house was the same as the posh house in "Lost Madonna" due to location logistics. The stone columns at the entrance when Lombard visits his daughter in law look the same (there are only 2 columns in WOT, but 4 in "Lost Madonna" but this house is so big that it could have had different entrances). The garden also looks similar in both eps.Now to Librizzi´s villa (that was Manolo´s in "Mirror Image". The druglords are so fast out of business that they have to sell their mansion to the next kingpin ;-) - to make it short: I could not find it so far, but it should be possible: everything is irregularly shaped - the pool has a broader part and a narrow "leg" to the right as has the main front and the garden front. There is a big park behind the pool and next to the house as there were no neighbours around. The main entrance is located behind an oval-shaped driveway that had vegetation and vis a vis the house there was no other house (this can be seen clearly as Julia Roberts leads Crockett in). The roof consists of open square shaped parts and should be easy to recognize from above. Thus, I will extend my google search on this. @Airtommy: your help is appreciated!The kindergarden of Lombard´s grandson was fake. They just put a sign next to a playground. hard to find as they show only a hedge behind Lombard´s Mercedes and no other clue.The final scenes where Lombard and Librizzi take a bullet are easy again. Jimbo´s on Virginia Key.

• Like 1

okay, it took a 2 hours to find, but the location of Librizzi´s house (and Manolo´s house in "Mirror Image") is solved. With the hints listed in my above post (L-shape of the pool and the house plus the significant roof plus the big green park and woods around) I knew this house cannot be located on the islands or at the bay but must be inland with much space to the neighbouring houses. I switched over from Google to Bing to get a better view. Bearing the other locations of this ep in mind (my guess was that they filmed Lombards house at 3715 Main Highway), I further drew the conclusion that the house may be located somewhere in South Miami or Coconut Grove.To make a long story short: the location of the house is approx 9160 SW 57th Ave close to the intersection with SW 91 Street. Here is a nice aerial shot of the rear with the pool and the significant railings/roof from where Librizzi´s goons fired at the helicopter from which the body was dropped.http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=n8dvpx898kzy&scene=35353232&lvl=2&sty=b&where1=9160%20SW%2057th%20Ave%2C%20Miami%2C%20FL%2033156

That would make sense and a great find - of course the front is seen briefly in "Mirror Image" and there was some extensive work shot at the back for "Mirror Image" including the pool and where Manolo shows Sonny his chickens ( this area can be seen at the end of the garden I presume !?) :D

That would make sense and a great find - of course the front is seen briefly in "Mirror Image" and there was some extensive work shot at the back for "Mirror Image" including the pool and where Manolo shows Sonny his chickens ( this area can be seen at the end of the garden I presume !?) :D

The cocks were on the lot right of the house (seen from the rear with the pool), approx. at the rear of the neighbor house (this is the only strange fact that does not quite fit the episode stills). This can be seen in the scene where Crockett and Manolo walk from the cocks towards the side of the house. Either the house to the right was built after the episode (most likely because in the ep there is only grass around the cock cages, no house) or they did some camera angle tricks in order to hide the other house nearby.

Excellent work! The mystery of the Mirror Image / World of Troube house finally solved. It's a long way from Fort Lauderdale.I think that's the area where Iggy Pop lives. That might be his house immediately south of that Vice house.

Wow' date=' that's incredible! Finding a house that isn't on the water is like looking for a needle in a haystack.[/quote'] Usually yes, but I used seven different knock out criteria (pool shape, etc.) to narrow it down and Bing was key. With Google I would never have found it that fast.

• 2 years later...

Teaser, during the opening credits and the parking lot scene with Fowler was shot at the Miami Free Zone in Doral (NW 25th Str/NW 107 Ave)-same location as the "airport" in "Milk Run"the marina where Weitzler´s yacht was moored and where Sal Lombard met his father before he got a call was the Jockey Club marina @11111 Biscayne Bvd. This marina is popular as Gene Simmons lived there in "Prodigal Son" and Costelada in "Made for each other".The building where Crockett&Tubbs have the stakeout and see Lombard for the first time in this ep is 1001 Brickell Bay Drive.River Walk@Miami River behind Hyatt Hotel is where Sal is shot by Libbrizzi´s goonNow it gets interesting (unknown locations so far):Lombard´s house (in the ep they say it´s on Key Biscayne). I doubt that. That house looks like the house used in "Rising sun of death" where Tanaka lived. It´s made of a lot of wood, has some kind of Japanese touch and a pool surrounded by wooden building parts.This is Villa Ipa @ 3715 Main Highway, Coconut Grove. This house is pretty versatile as it was also temporarily "owned" by Crockett´s cousin Jack in "Jack of all Trades". This house has a distinctive wall around it, kind of rusty color with a greenish colored band parallel to the upper edge of the wall. This wall can be seen when Jack Crockett is abducted by his creditors and also in "Rising sun of death". Villa Ipa was located next to the posh house in "Lost Madonna" which was located 3593 Anchorage Way, Coconut Grove. I say was because on Google we can see that the whole area and the houses are no longer existent as in the ep. http://maps.google.at/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=3715+Main+Highway,+Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida+33133,+Vereinigte+Staaten&sll=25.722446,-80.247751&sspn=0.00203,0.003428&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3715+Main+Hwy,+Miami,+Miami-Dade+County,+Florida+33133,+Vereinigte+Staaten&ll=25.721707,-80.247914&spn=0.001015,0.001714&t=h&z=19My guess is this area was destroyed by Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and rebuilt later. (remark: The addresses of Lost Madonna and Rising sun houses are genuine as they were on the daily production sheets). BTW: this neighborhood is interesting. Castillo lives nearby (Poinciana Ave) and also Octavio Escondero ("Jack of all Trades"). No wonder Jack Crockett could not hide from Escondero. Never rip off your neighbor, Jack, he´s gonna find you fast! :DWhen my guess is right that Lombard´s house was Tanaka´s/Jack´s house, then it is likely that Rita Lombard´s house was the same as the posh house in "Lost Madonna" due to location logistics. The stone columns at the entrance when Lombard visits his daughter in law look the same (there are only 2 columns in WOT, but 4 in "Lost Madonna" but this house is so big that it could have had different entrances). The garden also looks similar in both eps.Now to Librizzi´s villa (that was Manolo´s in "Mirror Image". The druglords are so fast out of business that they have to sell their mansion to the next kingpin ;-) - to make it short: I could not find it so far, but it should be possible: everything is irregularly shaped - the pool has a broader part and a narrow "leg" to the right as has the main front and the garden front. There is a big park behind the pool and next to the house as there were no neighbours around. The main entrance is located behind an oval-shaped driveway that had vegetation and vis a vis the house there was no other house (this can be seen clearly as Julia Roberts leads Crockett in). The roof consists of open square shaped parts and should be easy to recognize from above. Thus, I will extend my google search on this. @Airtommy: your help is appreciated!The kindergarden of Lombard´s grandson was fake. They just put a sign next to a playground. hard to find as they show only a hedge behind Lombard´s Mercedes and no other clue.The final scenes where Lombard and Librizzi take a bullet are easy again. Jimbo´s on Virginia Key.

Really enjoyable episode with Dennis Farina playing such a good role as Lombard. Good locations and different locations used. Lombard and Son (1) was filmed at Jockey Club Marina @11111 Biscayne Bvld, Miami http://binged.it/11aFObRand as Tom mentions walk (2) was filmed behind the Hyatt Regency in Downtown.:birdie::D

• 2 years later...

I want to say again what a nice find that World of Trouble / Mirror Image house was.

Around 18:50 when Al Lombard's son gets shot, we get a nice view of Tommy's Boatyard that was first seen in Contempt of Court.  That greenish building at the water's edge is the building that Mosca drives up to and meets with Jack Rivers: 

Picture_2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Season 5s "World of Trouble" starring Dennis Farina  and Season 1s Milk Run" teasers were shot here at the Miami Free Trade Zone in Doral west of the airport. I took these photos in early July 2005.:done::fireworks::dance2:

IMG_3325.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

From the Teaser and Opening credits of Season 5s "World of Trouble".

This episode was filmed in March 1989.

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3327.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Only took about 20 minutes to find the location of Poka.Tot Nursery School but it took me probably another hour and a half to really understand the location, scene and how it fit together before I could confirm it. But if it were easy it would not be so much fun. Cheers.

wp32b78f56.png Pulled this of GE so it is not the best. I will get better in person or off the net ASAP.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, C Glide said:

Only took about 20 minutes to find the location of Poka.Tot Nursery School but it took me probably another hour and a half to really understand the location, scene and how it fit together before I could confirm it. But if it were easy it would not be so much fun. Cheers.

wp32b78f56.png Pulled this of GE so it is not the best. I will get better in person or off the net ASAP.

Very great - 

Looking forward to this episode a lot Jeremy . I have a number of recreation photos from scenes in this episode please feel free to use any .:hippie:

In 2014 I visited the Jockey Club @11111 Biscayne Bvld, Miami where scenes from "World of Trouble" , "Prodigal Son" and "Made For Each Other " were all filmed. I have a number more pictures if you guys would like to see them.

I don't  believe any Vicers have been here inside this location on the ground so to speak.:hippie:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/11111+Biscayne+Blvd,+Miami,+FL+33181,+USA/@25.8786348,-80.1603638,257a,35y,270h,44.91t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9b2137946b94f:0xe8263292c05d3648!8m2!3d25.8788131!4d-80.1676513

Edited by Matt5

This was the location of the thatched roof cafe we saw during the opening credits of Season 5s "World of Trouble" located at the Jockey Club (11111 Biscayne Bvld, Miami):hippie:

Miami, Florida  2014 ( 1 ) 761.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Very nice picture. I have not been on the grounds yet. Looks like I will need to bring my drone as the docks have been pulled up.

On May 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Matt5 said:

In 2014 I visited the Jockey Club @11111 Biscayne Bvld, Miami where scenes from "World of Trouble" , "Prodigal Son" and "Made For Each Other " were all filmed. I have a number more pictures if you guys would like to see them.

I don't  believe any Vicers have been here inside this location on the ground so to speak.

I think you're right that none of us has been in there.  I went to the entrance with DanJ years ago and the security guard was friendly and claimed to have worked there since the 1980s.  He said Philip Michael Thomas was super nice to everybody.  Unfortunately, he wouldn't let us in to look around.

1 hour ago, C Glide said:

I think I recall you posting about that adventure at the time. About ten years ago if I remember correctly.

Yes, the golden age of Miami Vice location hunting, when the city hadn't changed much from its Vice days and there were still a few people who remembered the filming of the show.

Poka Tot is a great find, I never thought we'd figure that one out.  The windows of the tower were a great detail the rest of us missed.

wp4b3709d5_05.jpg

• Like 1

My first thought was that it would have been by Librizzi's house but when I saw the hi-rise I knew I could find it, and likely around the Jockey Club area.