Leap of Faith

Tom

vor 4 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

It's very strange.  It would have been so easy to film that scene in an existing location.

One other possibility is SW 152nd St / Paradise Point Dr.

Paradise Point Drive does not fit in any dimension with the peninsula. Also chances are Zero that the black window frames/sun visors and other significant mutualities occur a third time anywhere else.

• 5 months later...

Airtommy, Tom, Jim And any others please look at these shots from the episode and stills from Jeremy’s site - can you pinpoint these images are where the action takes place in the teaser.

3511BC92-C6A1-4259-A515-4C5F0A404B85.jpeg

FF09A93B-4F64-4867-9EEB-58DD5EC0E7C1.jpeg

Edited by Matt5

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Airtommy, Tom, Jim And any others please look at these shots from the episode and stills from Jeremy’s site - can you pinpoint these images are where the action takes place in the teaser.

3511BC92-C6A1-4259-A515-4C5F0A404B85.jpeg

FF09A93B-4F64-4867-9EEB-58DD5EC0E7C1.jpeg

Matt - Don't understand your question.  Jeremy says it was filmed at The Kitchen Club.  Do you disagree?  He is almost always right and I have no reason to think it wasn't filmed there.  To me it looks a lot like Tobacco Road.  I was there about a year before it closed down.

15 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Matt - Don't understand your question.  Jeremy says it was filmed at The Kitchen Club.  Do you disagree?  He is almost always right and I have no reason to think it wasn't filmed there.  To me it looks a lot like Tobacco Road.  I was there about a year before it closed down.

No i visited this location today and it’s the same as in Jeremy’s screenshots so it was filmed there at the Kitchen Club (now still a bar called Free Spirits at 100 21st St in Miami Beach) - I was asking from the screenshots from the episode can you pinpoint where they were, or any opinions, in relation to the current day pictures Jeremy posted.

Edited by Matt5

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

If you're asking for any details you can look for, the only identifiable detail I can see is the wooden bar.  Everything else looks like a prop.

leapbar.png.54bcc7fa18df85fe1024a93bc1944d04.png

As for the layout, if you're facing the stage, the bar is to your left.

leapbar2.png.ccc9420d5e7d56753f4ea24c423a8f3d.png

Edited by airtommy

23 minutes ago, airtommy said:

If you're asking for any details you can look for, the only identifiable detail I can see is the wooden bar.  Everything else looks like a prop.

leapbar.png.54bcc7fa18df85fe1024a93bc1944d04.png

As for the layout, if you're facing the stage, the bar is to your left.

leapbar2.png.ccc9420d5e7d56753f4ea24c423a8f3d.png

Ok that helps Thankyou I’ll check it out in person directly. I agree what you say about the props , even the unit behind Crockett and Tubbs, behind the bar, looks like it was placed there.

Edited by Matt5

The first photo was close to the entrance stairs when C&T entered the bar which is a clear geographical pinpoint. As far as I recall the camera follows C&T for several seconds. Airtommy‘s Overview shot of The club baffles me as I can’t recall this exact shot to be used in the episode! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Airtommy‘s Overview shot of The club baffles me as I can’t recall this exact shot to be used in the episode! 

Cut #6, about 15 seconds into the episode.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

“Leap of Faith” location (Miami Beach City Hall) where the episode ended taken by me, 17th St, Miami Beach, 2019.

7625CEA5-2563-47A9-B0D3-4AA785F715C5.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

The beach scenes I can confirm were filmed in Crandon Park, Key Biscayne just a little far south from the “Golden Triangle” and “Calderone’s Return” (Part 2) scenes. My picture is from the wall looking to the Ocean last year.:cheers:

5103C3A0-62A7-48E2-B349-821C0D5AC92F.jpeg

07FB47FC-D22A-4196-800D-81628BDB7206.jpeg

04D042A9-0E71-4564-8968-07361A1A3649.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 9:02 PM, airtommy said:

During Claire & Ray's makeout session, in the background you can see out of the window.  They are on the water. There is a narrow strip of undeveloped land running parallel to the shore.  Beyond that and to the right is some more water and then more undeveloped land.  San Pedro Ave, where Duddy's house was in "Lend Me An Ear", is a possibility.  I don't see anywhere else in Dade County that works.

This location doesn't have to be a house.

Leap1.png

The Hammock Oaks neighborhood near Fairchild Tropical Gardens might work, especially Marin Street ...

Edited by airtommy

vor 2 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

The Hammock Oaks neighborhood near Fairchild Tropical Gardens might work, especially Marin Street ...

This was found already. It was filmed inside Duddy‘s house.

20 hours ago, Tom said:

This was found already. It was filmed inside Duddy‘s house.

The land we see in the distance looks undeveloped to me, but it's not perfectly clear.  What we would see from Duddy's house is Mar St and it was already cleared and being developed in 1986.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

The land we see in the distance looks undeveloped to me, but it's not perfectly clear.  What we would see from Duddy's house is Mar St and it was already cleared and being developed in 1986.

I don´t see any convincing reason to re-open that solved case. That location is 100% Duddy´s house. That´s why I added the link to my findings a few years ago to remind on the hard evidence. I did a lot of research back then and this small green undeveloped island layout that we see outside the window is unique in whole Dade county. I even did exact measurements to compare if other houses in that street could match instead but the angle was not right. Also, the interior pics from Lend me an ear prove that this was the same house (carpet, exact same windows down to the floor).

Sorry but we have 26+ unsolved location mysteries and will rather spend my time in them. 

P.S. what we clearly see in Leap of Faith is the undeveloped green L-shaped island (as said unique). Mar Street we can only see through the palm fronds and it´s hard to say what is green from the palm tree and what from the background.

Rare photo of the Kitchen Club entrance with logo at its original Miami Beach location (1988-1992) at the Seagull hotel that was filming location in the teaser

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-02 um 00.35.56.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like all interior apartment scenes -also those that are supposed to be Mundy´s and Joey´s apartment were filmed inside Duddy´s house at San Pedro Ave, Coral Gables.

The dark window frames, window sills, carpet color matches. See comparison with Lend me an ear below. The thick horizontal sun vizors blocking view inside are only on the ground floor. The apartment of Mundy and Joey were filmed on the second floor, where the window frame is the same, but the sun vizor is missing.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-28 um 18.47.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-28 um 19.02.28.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-28 um 19.06.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-28 um 19.24.46.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Location found: the disco where Cutter meets Baines @C Glide @airtommy @miamijimf @Matt5

3579 Stewart Ave, Coconut Grove

It is no disco, but a private home that we know from Like a hurricane as the safe house. I have searched everywhere for discos with wooden roofs, but nothing.

The wooden roof has been replaced with new wood since 1989 (house built in 1986) and the balcony extended (it was quite narrow when this episode was filmed), but it´s still recognizable due to the unique beams and the shape of the room that matches with the episode.

This location was well dressed like a disco with lots of extras and lights (mounted just for this episode or not?) as an effort, but very convenient to film in, since they used the third house up the road as the Baines villa in this episode too. 

See my comparison pics below. It´s hard as they filmed it very cautiously and not much around is to be seen. When Joey and Cutter enter we can see a glimpse of the outside looking south. Click on the wide angle pic comparisons below to magnify.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3579-Stewart-Ave_Miami_FL_33133_M68303-04513

ENJOY!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-15 um 23.29.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-15 um 23.46.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-16 um 00.04.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-16 um 00.25.31.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-16 um 00.42.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-16 um 11.43.15.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A nice current Day shot of the Rickenbacker Cswy and the Rosenstiel School of Marine \ Atmospheric Science at 4600 Rickenbacker Cswy seen extensively in this 1989 episode.

9C263CE3-FA1B-4EF6-871C-1D2AE0DE810E.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Am 2.11.2020 um 00:42 schrieb Tom:

Rare photo of the Kitchen Club entrance with logo at its original Miami Beach location (1988-1992) at the Seagull hotel that was filming location in the teaser

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-02 um 00.35.56.png

here we have another very rare late 1980s picture of the original Kitchen Club entrance at the Seagull Hotel where it existed from 1988 until 1992 before it moved to other locations. Third pic was taken years ago, the last picture was taken a few days ago. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-23 um 22.05.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-23 um 23.24.12.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-23 um 23.25.05.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

The official location list of this episode shows that all my above findings of interiors were correct. Ray‘s, Claire‘s and Joey“s room were all filmed inside 842 San Pedro (Duddy‘s house in Lend me an ear).

The interior classroom scene was filmed at Rosenstiel Marine school as suspected.

We already know all locations of this one.

IMG_8782.jpeg

• Like 3