The Glades...new Florida based cop show on A&E

sredd

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHmmmm...I think we might be able to trace a line back to Sonny Crockett?
Terrible grip that Jim Longworth has.

Terrible grip that Jim Longworth has.True, but the dude has a bandage on his hand. :)

Terrible grip that Jim Longworth has.Baytown? I'm in Houston...you ever consider a career in southern law enforcement? :evil:

Looks like a slightly later version of the 4506 don used in the shows 5th season with a target rear sight.it might be the same gun from the shield althought it looks a touch too shiny for that

Wow, another show that will probably get cancelled after two seasons. (According to normal life expectancy rate of TV Shows these days)

Baytown? I'm in Houston...you ever consider a career in southern law enforcement? :evil:I'm quite too young for that haha.
Looks like a slightly later version of the 4506 don used in the shows 5th season with a target rear sight.it might be the same gun from the shield althought it looks a touch too shiny for that
It might be a Smith & Wesson Model 4506-1' date=' which is the updated version of the 4506.Older 4506:[img']http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5a/S%26W4506_PF_BruceW.jpg/400px-S%26W4506_PF_BruceW.jpgNew 4506-1:Eingefügtes BildNote the lack of a 'step up' in the frame that the older 4506 has as well as the rounded trigger guard. Also note the straight backstrap to the pistol grip versus the curved backstrap on the older model.

The guy would need to comb his face & get new hair to compete with Sonny Crockett. :D

There - fixed it for ya, TD.To be serious for a moment (but ... only a moment), the guy does have a jawline and mouth that is very Crockett-like. The rest of the face - no, just no.

Baytown? I'm in Houston...you ever consider a career in southern law enforcement? :evil: There is a Miami VIce Scarab in Kemah now! Burning up Clear Lake, and Galveston Bay!

There - fixed it for ya' date=' TD.To be serious for a moment (but ... only a moment), the guy does have a jawline and mouth that is very Crockett-like. The rest of the face - no, just no.[/quote']OK we'll keep his jaw, R.R. :D

Hey, the new Florida-filmed show, The Glades, starts tonight on A&E at 10. Pilot filmed around Tampa, following episodes based in Broward.

I just watched it and felt it was a take-off on the "Mentalist". I was amazed to read the review that said the same thing. A little bland and not as good as "The Mentalist" and definitely no comparison to Miami Vice except for the Florida swamp setting. :thumbsdown:

• 2 months later...

I tried to watch this show, but had a probelm with the main character (too much of a "character", IMO). The same thing with "Burn Notice", the lead character seems a little too unbelievable to me.

I agree. I was always told to keep my hand clear from the bottom of the pistol in case a something goes wrong and the magazine gets fired out the bottom of the firearm. I noticed it right away too. Crockett is holding his properly.I think the Glades guy looks more like Dexter.