Too much, too late

Tom

Found ! 
An undiscovered Location from Season 5s "Too Much, Too Late" - when C&T arrest Swain outside the drug house. 
Thanks to the blu rays I recognised the apartment building next to the Savoy Hotel in the episode on the south side of Ocean Drive.

A lot of this episode was filmed next door at 455 but we had never seen the Savoy Hotel at 425 Ocean Drive before which is the location of Swain's drug house

@C Glide

:hippie:

IMG_4053.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

C&T were parked over the street on Ocean Drive - next to the Ocean Five Hotel (436 Ocean Drive) at 444 Ocean Drive at what is now  Pappa E Ciccia. Look at the railings they are a perfect match:hippie:

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Great find Matt!

I thought we would never find it. Always suspected mainland as the location looked too run down for South Beach.

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

I thought we would never find it. Always suspected mainland as the location looked too run down for South Beach.

Yes, they did a great job making it look bad, like something in the ghetto.  I wasn't thinking South Beach at all.

Given that they decorated the apartment building to look bad, I doubt that the interior of the crackhouse was filmed there as well. Looks like an abandoned building.

17 hours ago, Tom said:

Great find Matt!

Thanks Tom - I just recognised the apartment building next to The Savoy at 425 Ocean Drive. But the blu rays sure helped also :hippie:

17 hours ago, airtommy said:

Yes, they did a great job making it look bad, like something in the ghetto.  I wasn't thinking South Beach at all.

Almost looked more Downtown Miami - in the Omni / Warehouse district where the "Lombard" warehouse was(1345 N. Miami Ave) :hippie:

Edited by Matt5

• 2 weeks later...

Went over some of my Miami 2013 photos from this Season 5 episode - just to supplement Jeremy's info here really :hippie:

235.JPG

IMG_4178.PNG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

The house belonging to Val’s friend in the teaser and later when Sloane visits is definately Coconut Grove - I would say Charles, William or Thomas avenues. Charles looks like a strong possibility.

15 hours ago, Matt5 said:

The house belonging to Val’s friend in the teaser and later when Sloane visits is definately Coconut Grove - I would say Charles, William or Thomas avenues. Charles looks like a strong possibility.

This house is very similar indeed - Coconut Grove, Elizabeth St and Florida Ave. (Over The Line teaser territory). Shows the style of house we are looking for and is in this area. Has a unique small section slanting down roof on the left side of the house and a very small window (which may have been modified).

EDC5B691-6082-4D5B-9ABD-39CE08904992.png

22170F77-A5D8-494D-ABC3-A19179A9D765.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

This house is very similar indeed - Coconut Grove, Elizabeth St and Florida Ave. (Over The Line teaser territory). Shows the style of house we are looking for and is in this area. Has a unique small section slanting down roof on the left side of the house and a very small window (which may have been modified).

I looked for this house last year.  My opinion is that it was definitely in that neighborhood, but is probably gone now but not for certain. 

• Like 1

vor 40 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

Do you have reason to believe it's not the house?  Similar in many ways.

Don’t think so. The roof on the right hand side on the picture is not slanted as in the episode. Unlikely that just this one feature was altered. Also the L shaped outline of the house (the end of the „leg“ is on left hand side of the episode still) is missing. These two major changes are expensive and therefore very unlikely for budgets in this neighborhood even if general appearance looks right.

That house definetely WAS in the Coconut Grove area given the looks and location clustering (interior was a studio set though). I have examined the whole neighborhood in detail years ago and have come to conclusion that it was either demolished or completely remodeled.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I was in this area recently and will return again Saturday to visit Elizabeth Virrick Park ( “Fix”, “Too Much Too Late”). It really even now is not the best area to be walking around in, the property could have been demolished as you both mentioned. There are only a handful of new houses up I noticed as well as a handful of empty lots. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Thanks guys, I was in this area recently and will return again Saturday to visit Elizabeth Virrick Park ( “Fix”, “Too Much Too Late”). It really even now is not the best area to be walking around in, the property could have been demolished as you both mentioned. There are only a handful of new houses up I noticed as well as a handful of empty lots. 

I drove around there and noticed that in the morning nobody is around, but in the afternoon lots more people. 

• Like 1

I am not surprised about the demolition rate. The only way to find the house IMHO is to check historicaerials for the significant top down house layout as seen in the episode. Together with the road access and the car escape scene at the end of teaser, the number of potential houses can be reduced considerably.

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

Look at how much as been demolished between 1986 and 2015:

1986.png.d0626a785eb93ef7dbad2765bc30933e.png

2015.png.6a2fc2a555858d5b717aaf825c38429b.png

Yes there are a lot more empty lots 

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

Look at how much as been demolished between 1986 and 2015:

1986.png.d0626a785eb93ef7dbad2765bc30933e.png

2015.png.6a2fc2a555858d5b717aaf825c38429b.png

Ridiculous and I noticed empty lots there also. Just empty land. Charles Avenue has less empty lots. The house from “Bought and Paid For” on Plaza (which other episode did it appear in ?, Season 4)  is in a sorry state of repair also.

Edited by Matt5

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

Yes there are a lot more empty lots 

Ridiculous and I noticed empty lots there also. Just empty land. Charles Avenue has less empty lots. The house from “Bought and Paid For” on Plaza (which other episode did it appear in ?, Season 4)  is in a sorry state of repair also.

That house was also in The big Thaw.