Dating dilemmas.....

Chloe

So i've met mr music man just the once. Went very well on the date. That was some weeks ago. So I know you're thinking 'some WEEKS ago!' He lives some distance away & our schedules are a tricky match.Fast forward to this week. Its a bank holiday...a 3 day weekend. I think that'll be lovely, he has 3 days to choose from to come & see me. WRONG! I am still up tonight at 2am because I am VERY cross. After fobbing me off all week...i'll call you'...I'll text you...blah blah blah & one 15 minute phone call. He says he may be able to come down today (monday). Now i don't do maybe's. He knows that. Either he's coming to see me or not. I knew i would be left waiting around til at least 1pm to find out. So i text him tonight. Are you coming...answer: 'i'll try'. This is a guy with no children, no ex wives ( i wonder why) & is self emplyed. IE he can please himself. So if i can make time to see him he can sure as hell do the same for me. I have sat here saturday night & all day today waiting for him to make up his mind. YES! I am so cross. He has ruined my entire weekend...is he coming maybe, maybe not. Shall i cook dinner or wait to see if he's coming & so on. I even cleaned the bathrooms! I know what you're all thinking...MUG! I really thought he was serious...how wrong can I be?This dating game is tough! I fear I have much to learn about men.Pass the kleenex someone..please

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgana

• crocketsgrl

• gstien

• Chloe

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PP...that at least made me giggle.I rock & roll depending on the day of the week & how much alcohol is involved!

Are you talking about Mr. C&B? If so, does he actually have a head and if so, what does it look like?

Oh Ms. Chloe!!! I feel for ya lady. I've taught myself to just go on living my life as usual and not hang by the phone or put my life on hold because I'm waiting for a lady to call. Not that I can turn my emotions off and not get upset if they don't call. I learned by not putting my life on pause I don't get as upset or depressed when things go south. If you sit and wait around, the bad feelings are just going to get worse. I've had my fair share of sleepless nights over dating and I'm sure there are more to come. I am also waiting for a return call from a new girl I met. She is also ex-spouse free with no kids but keeps herself extremely busy. I've just told myself to be patient and if we get to hang out more; great, if not; not. Some people that are out there dating can't seem to let go of their regular busy lives to get to know someone which is frustrating. I've hung out with two people like that now. My neighbor and I joke about it often. “Yeah, I’m going to sign up for a dating service and not answer my telephone.” My neighbor says he wonders if these people realize why they are in their late 30’s and still single and says it’s because they keep trying the same failed way of trying to have a relationship. Maybe instead of sitting by the phone for this bozo just go hang out with some friends. If he calls why you are away, great! If not, tell him to take a flying f**k! :)Jon from Garfield has the same troubles as us Chloe.Eingefügtes Bild

David, it's so good to hear from you again. You have learned a lot and good for you. And you have another girl, great. No more #6? How is Miss Airforce doing? Chloe, this is the man that you had a great time with? I agree with David. Just do what you would do and if he really wants to see you he will. It's so hard these emotions. Don't expect if he says he'll try blah blah blah....go to the next guy and if this one shows up let him get in line. You are a wonderful person....you and David are great people who deserve someone just as wonderful.......And I'm saying this and I don't date..lol....But I know the feelings and watch you both grow. And what about DJwannaB, how is he doing these days?

I'm putting in my 2 cents. Chloe dear,don't let yourself get down. The man is an idiot obviously. If he has no ties why not come see you. It's the least he can sodding well do.

I'm putting in my 2 cents. Chloe dear' date='don't let yourself get down. The man is an idiot obviously. If he has no ties why not come see you. It's the least he can sodding well do.[/quote']And there is cheering all around as MV86 steps up to the plate......The people listen chat. You are Right, You Are Right!!!!!! Ok, it's 2 in the morning It's my giddy time.......

Guest Don
Sometime things aren't black and white. MAYBE he tried his best and you don't know..?[quote=Chloe;2303">

Now i don't do maybe's. He knows that. Either he's coming to see me or not. I knew i would be left waiting around til at least 1pm to find out. So i text him tonight. Are you coming...answer: 'i'll try'. This is a guy with no children' date=' no ex wives ( i wonder why) & is self emplyed. IE he can please himself. So if i can make time to see him he can sure as hell do the same for me...[/quote']This sounds to me more like being married for (too) many years.. scnr ..and not dating the first times. Did you ask him why he wasn't able to come instead of making assumption about someone you don't really know?

Shall i cook dinner or wait to see if he's coming & so on. I even cleaned the bathrooms!

High expectations right away can lead to high levels of disappointment ;)

This is the 3rd weekend he's made excuses about not coming. Either working or ill. Now please...I am not naive.Of course I asked him why he couldn't come. I didn't make assumptions.The reason I needed a yes or no is because the last 3 weeks its been 'maybe' only to be let down at the last minute, I can only go by the reasons he gave ie working or ill. I don't really think that after 3 weeks i'm being unreasonable about being put off again.I've learnt over the months not to have high expectations but there's only so much rejection i can take before i start to feel hurt. (i was joking about cleaning the bathrooms)You're right David...absolutely. I shouldn't wait by the phone. But I really like him & wasn't going to give up because of a few teething troubles. We had even discussed that & the fact it may be difficult to have enough time together. But how long do i wait. Part of the frustration is I know i can't see him for the next 3 weeks because of my commitments so this weekend was the only time we could see each other for some time. I just thought he'd make some effort thats all. Perhaps he means more to me than I do to him.I will take your advice David. I will not wait around for him to call.

he can please himself.

And that might be the only thing he'll get.:)Chloe, I feel bad for you but girl, Don't do that again. Waiting by the phone hoping he'll call. Get busy!!! If he wants you, he'll have to find you. I've been in that situation myself and remember so well the feelings of rejection. And feeling so stupid for wasting a perfect weekend waiting by the phone. You are way too classy to be doing that. If he appreciates you and likes you, he'll call. If not, you haven't wasted your time waiting like a puppy.

Yeah, but viggo isn't going to call you. :pChloe, as I've said before, this man doesn't know what he's missing. Beauty, charm, intelligence, and a good swimmer to boot!Nope, he's the one doing this to himself. Maybe he does this to build up material. (for his songs)Oh well, let him do that to someone else, you have other things to do. Just like LMD said, get busy, get on with your life, and if he wants you that bad, he'll seek you out. Otherwise he can please himself for all I care! And it's not the price of gas either, he drives a Miata doesn't he?He gets 35mpg in that car, so he's lying if he says it's too expensive to come see you. And frankly, you are worth the price anyway. :clap:

This is the 3rd weekend he's made excuses about not coming. Either working or ill. Now please...I am not naive.Of course I asked him why he couldn't come. I didn't make assumptions.The reason I needed a yes or no is because the last 3 weeks its been 'maybe' only to be let down at the last minute' date=' I can only go by the reasons he gave ie working or ill. I don't really think that after 3 weeks i'm being unreasonable about being put off again.I've learnt over the months not to have high expectations but there's only so much rejection i can take before i start to feel hurt. (i was joking about cleaning the bathrooms)You're right David...absolutely. I shouldn't wait by the phone. But I really like him & wasn't going to give up because of a few teething troubles. We had even discussed that & the fact it may be difficult to have enough time together. But how long do i wait. Part of the frustration is I know i can't see him for the next 3 weeks because of my commitments so this weekend was the only time we could see each other for some time. I just thought he'd make some effort thats all. Perhaps he means more to me than I do to him.I will take your advice David. I will not wait around for him to call.[/quote']Chloe, Love....here's my 2 cents. Go about living your life, doing the things that you are passionate about to the best of your own ability. If he falls into this, then wonderful...if not, chances are good you will meet a real man who shares your interests and give it to you straight... We live in an interesting time, where you can meet people without even leaving your own home......lots and lots of options out there.

David' date=' it's so good to hear from you again. You have learned a lot and good for you. And you have another girl, great. No more #6? How is Miss Airforce doing?[/quote']Thanks. It is a learning experience that is for sure. If I constantly sat around waiting for emails and telephone calls like I did when I first started my dating venture, I would go nuts and need heavy doses of anti-depressents. I taught myself to just keep living my life as normal without hanging by the phone or computer. Eventually someone always gets back to you. I also tell myself that the other person has their life to live also and can't respond ASAP. I'm pretty sure they don't hold off calling just to pi$$ me off. The neighbor and I were also talking about the fact that the ladies I meet for dating aren't consistantly around like a normal friend or relative at first. They're probably figuring stuff out just like me. "Do I want to get serious and see this guy all the time?" Ya know? I haven't contacted #6 yet. She was a lot of drama which I'm not in a hurry to get back to. I think my brain is telling me to steer clear and I should probably listen. I palled around with the Air Force gal the other weekend and had a great time. Thanks for asking.Where is Mr. DJ????

Thanks. It is a learning experience that is for sure. If I constantly sat around waiting for emails and telephone calls like I did when I first started my dating venture' date=' I would go nuts and need heavy doses of anti-depressents. I taught myself to just keep living my life as normal without hanging by the phone or computer. Eventually someone always gets back to you. I also tell myself that the other person has their life to live also and can't respond ASAP. I'm pretty sure they don't hold off calling just to pi$$ me off. The neighbor and I were also talking about the fact that the ladies I meet for dating aren't consistantly around like a normal friend or relative at first. They're probably figuring stuff out just like me. "Do I want to get serious and see this guy all the time?" Ya know? I haven't contacted #6 yet. She was a lot of drama which I'm not in a hurry to get back to. I think my brain is telling me to steer clear and I should probably listen. I palled around with the Air Force gal the other weekend and had a great time. Thanks for asking.Where is Mr. DJ????[/quote']Ahhh, David, I didn't know #6 was a drama queen, oh no you don't need that. And that is great the you and the airforce girl are friends.....Sounds like you have a great nieghbor, like Wilson on Tool Time..lol.....But you sound so much better, proud of you . Now fly over here an blend some paint....:D No really you sound great. Where's Mr. DJ...Doing a show, so I need someone on the side while he's away. :)

Ahhh' date=' David, I didn't know #6 was a drama queen, oh no you don't need that. And that is great the you and the airforce girl are friends.....Sounds like you have a great nieghbor, like Wilson on Tool Time..lol.....But you sound so much better, proud of you . Now fly over here an blend some paint....:D No really you sound great. Where's Mr. DJ...Doing a show, so I need someone on the side while he's away. :)[/quote']She wasn't really a drama queen I guess. She just put me through a lot of stress which could mean that I'm the drama queen. :o Thank you for saying I sound better. It's probably because I'm not as active of a dater that I was a month or two ago. On the other hand, I am waiting for a return call which would normally make me flip my wig. So I'm :glossy:.

Some guys love to know that a woman is sitting by the phone, waiting for a call. If it´s serious he tries to call YOU, Chloe. Otherwise he can´t be worth that.Christine

I always think it's the woman who is loving the fact that I'm sitting by the phone waiting for a return call. Funny. Women always run the show. I know that. ;)

Not always... but I have given up on waiting at home for men to call... they know my number, they know how to use it, and if they don't that is their loss!