Don Johnson wins verdict in 'Nash Bridges' case

Ferrariman

Two things come to mind:- DJ's a millionaire! Congrats to him for getting his due. Now he needs to spend some more time on the forums.- Not trying to heap on controversy, but hopefully he got through that weird event a year or so ago when he was detained for allegedly having a bunch of loot he didn't declare.

Two things come to mind:- DJ's a millionaire! Congrats to him for getting his due. Now he needs to spend some more time on the forums.- Not trying to heap on controversy' date=' but hopefully he got through that weird event a year or so ago when he was detained for allegedly having a bunch of loot he didn't declare.[/quote'] Well, that oughta keep him from having his house's on auction again.

$23.2 million dollars.....and possibly more??If this verdict holds up, Don can totally afford the clothes that Crockett wore, the boat, both speed boats, two ferraris, and anything else Crockett had in his undercover days.....He could live like LOMBARD!

and anything else Crockett had in his undercover days.....He could live like LOMBARD!

lol if you hadn't have said that, I would've said, "Don't forget Ray-Ban's, a Bren Ten, slip-ons, watches, grooming.

Two things come to mind:- Not trying to heap on controversy' date=' but hopefully he got through that weird event a year or so ago when he was detained for allegedly having a bunch of loot he didn't declare.[/quote'] If we have the same event in mind. That wasn't a year ago but a few years back it just keeps coming back in the press. He was held at the swiss/german border. The border guard had a talk with him and that was all. ( I even think he got a autograph). The border guard told the story and somehow the press got a hold if it and then the gossip started. At the end DJ even got a official apology from the gouverment because this event was blown way out of proportion.That is what a reliable quallity paper published about the event.

• Administrators

That is indeed the same incident. Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:

Well' date=' that oughta keep him from having his house's on auction again.[/quote']That has not been a concern since marrying the current wife - she comes from a very wealthy family, so Don married very well:
Wife: Kelley Phleger (heir to Getty oil fortune)
It has never been explained why the house almost was lost, with Kelley being so wealthy. Maybe she had to jump through some loops to tap into the family fortune, and eventually had the $.
$23.2 million dollars.....and possibly more??If this verdict holds up' date=' Don can totally afford the clothes that Crockett wore, the boat, both speed boats, two ferraris, and anything else Crockett had in his undercover days.[/quote']Coop - living the good life has been no problem since marrying a Getty family heir (at last a part of it). Ever wonder how they have the big home in Colorado, but then the son is also playing w his little league baseball team in Los Angeles, which means a home there too? This is a very wealthy family, even before this win in court.

• Administrators

Good for him but I'll bet his attorney took/will take about 40% of the total.Hopefully he sued for what he was owed plus attorney's fees! :thumbsup:

Good for DJ. The very ideal Nash Bridges didn't make any money is just because the companies that were sued billed outraged prices for everything. They have done the same on other shows to cover up profits. With the DVDs' he should get more money.

Well with this sorted chances are he'll get back to his acting carrer and we'll be seeing him in alot more roles now.and even if his attorney takes 40% of the settlement he'll still have enough to buy all of his Miami Vice/Nash Bridges stuff back plus a real daytona and a real 71 hemi cuda convertiblehttp://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/12/26/from-snowbank-to-million-dollar-muscle-car/hell I wonder if he'd be interested in saving the mv testa from that bloody miami flea market mongrel http://www.way2manyhobbies.com/Swap_shop_car_collection.htmlhttp://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/gorusty/cars/IMG00024.jpgand just a side note did he have one of the mv testas repainted black?http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t300/gorusty/cars/IMG00018.jpg

• Administrators

40% of 23 Mil? Hell I'll gladly take what's left!

• Administrators

...and just a side note did he have one of the mv testas repainted black?

I heard that Enzo Ferrari gave him a personal silver Testarossa as a gift.

I heard that Enzo Ferrari gave him a personal silver Testarossa as a gift.

I seem to remember this too. I think he later sold it.

No no I mean one of the MV ones used IN the show, not the 89 one given to Don just as the show ended.since the other one is there in white maybe he (the flea market owner) had the second one painted black and you can see it has the earlier ones magnesium wheels on it exclusive to the 84 - 87 testarossathis is an 88Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildand that's an earlier one like the ones used on the show with the magnesium rimsthey used two testarossa's for mv, one was camera car which is missing the front and rear bumpers seen in the savage and down for the count part 2Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildand the driving one that was used for all the external shots from my signature below And it also has the same turn signal stye as one of the earlier ones too Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildso its not to far a strech to think that he took one of the mv testas and painted it black like it first was in "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" and it would explain where the second one got to.

Kavinsky - by the way' date=' there are much better photos of the Testarossa at the Swap Shop in Fort Lauderdale right here on this site. Heck, even the photos of the Swap Shop car collection are much better right here, taken by yours truly.Right here:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1152-The-Ferrari-Daytonas-of-Miami-Vice&p=40153#post40153And here:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?2219-The-Cars-of-the-Swap-Shop&highlight=swap+shop

I had forgotten about those' date=' but theres no shots of the black (what I presume is an 86) testarossa in there.[/quote']No black Testarossa at the Swap Shop in '09. Only the white one, being used as a sign stand :thumbsdown: .

• Administrators

Just looked at your pics again Rich, thanks again for sharing those. I still can't believe they'd take that car and put all that junk around it.

um Richie.... it WAS there when you took the photos. look closely in the background, you can bearly see it but behind the mankins feets on the right side theres a black testarossa right there, you can see some of the light just bearly shining off of it and its roofline stops at the very top of the mirror on the white onehttp://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/041.jpgupper, UPPER left corner next to the manakin, note the turn signal shinng back at you.http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/049.jpgIf you can try and brigten the photos to see it, but its there. I would do it myself to show you but the photo keeps getting corrupted evey time I try to save it to show you.and its no wonder you didnt see it there with the white one above it blocking most of its light as it rotated, I guess they had a good reason to paint it white after all!

"Trending now"I went to the Yahoo main page today and under "trending now," it said DON JOHNSON. ACK! I went back a second later and it was gone, couldn't get a screen grab.

I went to the Yahoo main page today and under "trending now' date='" it said DON JOHNSON. ACK! I went back a second later and it was gone, couldn't get a screen grab.[/quote']Interesting - I saw the same thing. :D