10 Give a Little, Take a Little

C Glide

Especially in this episode we can see what location finding skills we have developed as a team over the years and what great skill distribution we have in this team. There were so many tiny snippets in this episode we have found from the guy on the bench to many exterior establishing shots long way from Miami.... 

And @airtommy is the black belt master in our sleuthing team for small snippets, shadows of shadows in the background, establishing shots from all over the world (I think he found them between LA, Chicago and New Orleans) and driving segments. I was never good at this tiny ones, but overall we are good football team with special teams coach airtommy! :funky:

P.S. I added these new finds in my master list at the end of the Group Detectives Thread, so that we can keep track of what we have found since early 2020 and @C Glidecan use it as a reference when he (hopefully) finds time updating his location site with 70(!) new locations in nearly as many episodes and dozens of new photos (e.g. of the Ramrod, of Hotel Toledo 202 Biscayne, Romano´s apartment and more)!

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Night meet with Trick Baby

• a small outdoor seating area/park
  • people playing dominoes or chess
  • park is on a commercial street with restaurants/bars and stores across the street
  • park seems triangular, but the angles in the scene are very confusing, so I'm now ignoring them
  • an alley behind the park that dead-ends, sort of  parallel to the main street

I'm not confident in the accuracy of any of these details.

I searched Little Havana, South Beach, North Beach, Coconut Grove, but I'm stumped.

The case for Little Havana is:

• Trick Baby's scene at Club Ache
  • the mural
  • the dominoes
Edited by airtommy

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Crockettt:

This mural could be painted on the wall of the Tower Theater which is right next to Domino Park

What do you think @Tom@airtommy?

g2.thumb.png.dfd7b03cba78b1f85549ff2d7adacb2a.pngdoo.png

00008.m2ts_snapshot_36.990053.165.png

00087808.m2ts_snapshot_37.03.241.png

77m2ts_snapshot_38.23.171.png

g1.png.1415c9ccef627b268508e75fc84b4f55.png

Of course we had considered that option earlier but it simply does not work. The wall is standing right next to the park in the episode, not vis a vis. In the episode we see the mural, right of the mural is the park and behind the park there is a busy street. This means the building with the mural needs to be parallel to the busy street (e.g. SW8 Street), not perpendicular to it. 

Also the building behind Crockett & Tubbs who are parked parallel to the busy street does not match with anything on the historic aerials.

Edited by Tom

vor 14 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Night meet with Trick Baby

• a small outdoor seating area/park
  • people playing dominoes or chess
  • park is on a commercial street with restaurants/bars and stores across the street
  • park seems triangular, but the angles in the scene are very confusing, so I'm now ignoring them
  • an alley behind the park that dead-ends, sort of  parallel to the main street

I'm not confident in the accuracy of any of these details.

I searched Little Havana, South Beach, North Beach, Coconut Grove, but I'm stumped.

The case for Little Havana is:

• Trick Baby's scene at Club Ache
  • the mural
  • the dominoes

I also searched all around Miami. The baffling aspect is that this scene must be in Downtown given the domino players seen in the park and the look overall but there are no other parks in that area that could accomodate what we see here. And the edge of the park we see has some square shaped booths that are twisted at 45 degree angle to the street that Noogie and Trick Baby are coming along. That should be easily trackable from above.

Yet there is no other area than Maximo Gomez park that comes close and Maximo Gomez does not fit either as the building with the mural needs to be parallel to the busy street. I also tried to get any documentation of this sealife inspired mural we see. No trail of any mural like that. 

vor 42 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

This is how I see it.

• arrow = Noogie & Trick Baby
  • DAY = Daytona

1035237926_trickbaby001.jpg.0bd885a60970deb8e59bfeed55a71940.jpg

Sorry I have to contradict, the Daytona is definitely parked at a 90 degree angle in the short dead end street. See my sketch below.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-20 um 20.25.54.png

I made a wide-panorama view shot consisting of two scenes (the panning camera move in the beginning until it stops at C&T plus the final shot when they drove off).

I tried to cut out as many actors as possible to keep the background visible. Please KLICK ON the panorama picture to magnify it in a separate window for better viewing. I spent 30 minutes to get the camera perspectives and the background right. I hope that helps? @airtommy

That panorama view proves that the Daytona is at a 90 degree angle to the road Noogie and Trick baby are using. It also gives a good overview of the whole location with the park in the background and the street behind it.

Second pic shows the small dead end street background behind the Daytona.

The third is the same as the first (panorama wide view) but with some things I wanted to highlight.

P.S. as this looks like a Little Havana park and there were locations in this episode from 3600 SW 8 Street to East Coast Fisheries at 40 SW North River Drive I still believe this location was somewhere in between these two other locations in Downtown, with a bigger street behind the park and the mural building parallel to the bigger street.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.54.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.32.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.54.34 Kopie.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 10:01 AM, Matt5 said:

An early days shot of the East Coast Fisheries building seen in this fall 1984 episode. 

Photo credit - Dr. Alvin Lederer, Curator at Florida History.

7ACAD24C-F453-4EC9-BB4C-98B487B8660B.jpeg

Background info on the historic East Coast Fisheries building which is now gone:

http://www.historicpreservationmiami.com/fish.html

http://www.historicpreservationmiami.com/pdfs/ec fisheries.pdf

Nice look at it in 2002 in "2 Fast 2 Furious":

Fisheries1.png.e96fe353f1915e2cab96b531104b4146.png

Fisheries2.png.ebb6c531359653fbbdc49898b172a1d1.png

Fisheries3.png.98220c2353e1d17e57579f1149e030a0.png

Fisheries4.png.d2c3d2bc732e42f8b3348674911e20f2.png

Fisheries5.png.cf9aa42f35b27300b46b43719087dd8b.png

Fisheries6.png.f198658b32ee2bcf4ec8bb12b94914fb.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

RICHARD CAIN´S OFFICE INTERIOR: 40 S. HIBISCUS DRIVE

the interior scene with Cain, Crockett and Tubbs is still marked as unknown on @C Glides website (the exterior was a highrise in LA).

As there were only three other possible houses (Alverado´s home at N. View Drive, 10337 Broadview Drive where the ambulance picks Ramirez body up and Ramirez real villa with the spiral staircase on Hibiscus island) used in this episode and this office has not the usual studio look, it was easy to find a match. 

In "Killshot" they used the same Hibiscus home for Morales´house. And the scenes have not only the same colored carpet but also a same looking black Japanese folding screen. Actually the whole house was full of different black folding screens. See below. Case closed. Smart re-use of another house interior for a short niterior scene of a law office that does not justify crew travel to another locatipn.

P.S: no chance to recognize this house today. It has been remodelled completely a few years ago. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-29 um 23.40.51.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-29 um 23.45.07.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-30 um 00.18.43.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Am 24.4.2021 um 14:00 schrieb Tom:

I made a wide-panorama view shot consisting of two scenes (the panning camera move in the beginning until it stops at C&T plus the final shot when they drove off).

I tried to cut out as many actors as possible to keep the background visible. Please KLICK ON the panorama picture to magnify it in a separate window for better viewing. I spent 30 minutes to get the camera perspectives and the background right. I hope that helps? @airtommy

That panorama view proves that the Daytona is at a 90 degree angle to the road Noogie and Trick baby are using. It also gives a good overview of the whole location with the park in the background and the street behind it.

Second pic shows the small dead end street background behind the Daytona.

The third is the same as the first (panorama wide view) but with some things I wanted to highlight.

P.S. as this looks like a Little Havana park and there were locations in this episode from 3600 SW 8 Street to East Coast Fisheries at 40 SW North River Drive I still believe this location was somewhere in between these two other locations in Downtown, with a bigger street behind the park and the mural building parallel to the bigger street.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.54.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.32.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 13.54.34 Kopie.png

LAST LOCATION MYSTERY FOUND: NOOGIE&TRICK BABY MEET C&T

And it´s not a mystery at all, but another chapter for Airtommy´s book "Clues we have always overlooked"!:p

@airtommy@daytona365@miamijimf@Dadrian@C Glide@Matt5

It´s indeed, as we always suspected the Maximo Gomez Domino Park at 15 Ave and SW 8 Street! Today I started to dissect the scene again and thought again the small alley behind Noogie and Trick baby with the mural on the wall cannot be 15 Ave as being too small compared to old satellites, but the guys in the park played domino at fixated tables like today in this park! Then I thought why not check with "Score" and the scene where Crockett&Tubbs meet Castillo at the SW 8 side of the domino park? Score was filmed just days after Give a little wrapped up filming.

And BINGO, the mural on the eastern wall of the Tower Theater at the corner of 15th Ave and SW 8 Street is clearly visible behind Crockett and Tubbs! No clue why I have never noticed that before! Today I watched in on the Koch BluRays and the colors of the mural jumped in my face literally whereas it is rather dull, blurry and hardly visible on the DVD version that I have my posted pics below from. They filmed the Trick/Noogie meeting on the south side of the park. And the two "booths" that are seen at a 45 degree angle to the small alley are visible in Score in the background and are still today. Vegetation in 1984 (satellite) was too dense to see anything, thus today´s satellite is better suited. The house that Trick and Noogie come around is gone and replaced by another one. The two houses(or small alley between two house parts) seen behind Crockett´s Daytona was in fact the backside of the cafe where they met with Castillo and is lost today as they build a new house on the spot where they Daytona was.

Evidence below. Click to enlarge! Case finally solved! We are down to 10 unknown locations in the series overall!

ENJOY!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.21.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.25.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.30.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.32.12.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.43.25.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

Great work Tom, I looked for that location for a while back in the days when I had more time on my hands.  Right I know that I should move finding Miami locations higher on my priority list.  Yes we suspected it was on the 8th St strip probably close to the Maximo Gomez Domino Park.  As I recall the problem was we couldn't find any pictures taken behind the place.

15 hours ago, Tom said:

LAST LOCATION MYSTERY FOUND: NOOGIE&TRICK BABY MEET C&T

And it´s not a mystery at all, but another chapter for Airtommy´s book "Clues we have always overlooked"!:p

@airtommy@daytona365@miamijimf@Dadrian@C Glide@Matt5

It´s indeed, as we always suspected the Maximo Gomez Domino Park at 15 Ave and SW 8 Street! Today I started to dissect the scene again and thought again the small alley behind Noogie and Trick baby with the mural on the wall cannot be 15 Ave as being too small compared to old satellites, but the guys in the park played domino at fixated tables like today in this park! Then I thought why not check with "Score" and the scene where Crockett&Tubbs meet Castillo at the SW 8 side of the domino park? Score was filmed just days after Give a little wrapped up filming.

And BINGO, the mural on the eastern wall of the Tower Theater at the corner of 15th Ave and SW 8 Street is clearly visible behind Crockett and Tubbs! No clue why I have never noticed that before! Today I watched in on the Koch BluRays and the colors of the mural jumped in my face literally whereas it is rather dull, blurry and hardly visible on the DVD version that I have my posted pics below from. They filmed the Trick/Noogie meeting on the south side of the park. And the two "booths" that are seen at a 45 degree angle to the small alley are visible in Score in the background and are still today. Vegetation in 1984 (satellite) was too dense to see anything, thus today´s satellite is better suited. The house that Trick and Noogie come around is gone and replaced by another one. The two houses(or small alley between two house parts) seen behind Crockett´s Daytona was in fact the backside of the cafe where they met with Castillo and is lost today as they build a new house on the spot where they Daytona was.

Evidence below. Click to enlarge! Case finally solved! We are down to 10 unknown locations in the series overall!

ENJOY!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.21.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.25.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.30.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.32.12.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-26 um 19.43.25.png

Well done @Tomfor confirming , for a long time the best candidate. Great work!

I have been behind the small park a few times I’ll see if I can dig up a picture.

Brilliant detectivework, @Tom !

I watched the scene after reading your post, and, despite knowing what to look for, it took 2 or 3 viewings before I could spot the mural.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

I watched the scene after reading your post, and, despite knowing what to look for, it took 2 or 3 viewings before I could spot the mural.

Thank you! Also for confirming that I am not the only one missing that detail over the years. If I had not taken a look at the Koch BluRays I would not have found this. At first I could not believe it that it was always in front of our eyes. That BluRay details an colors on a far background are amazing!

Am 28.2.2022 um 17:22 schrieb airtommy:

You gotta see the color and sharpness of the mural in the distant sunny background behind a huge shaded domino area on Koch BluRay yourself to understand why it is hardly visible on any other DVD/BluRay, but jumps in your face on Koch!:funky:

I took a (sorry not good) photo off the TV screen to illustrate how obvious the mural is there, as I have no chance to digitize the BluRay stills otherwise.

IMG_6458.JPG

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Tried with @TylerDurden389and @Paul Veresto recreate the shot behind the Domino Park, but the small alley is gone and the rear of the domino park occupied by a restaurant backyard. But at least the wall of the Tower Theater is there but the mural is long gone of course.

The Café where Castillo met Crockett&Tubbs in Score is now a restaurant. (Third picture)

001C8A6B-5902-45DE-A51A-97453A1FEF68.jpeg

191FEBC1-DFFB-4B79-8347-B562BEDDE2A2.jpeg

BBD11461-9798-4B23-A340-2FD39AD565C9.jpeg

• Like 8

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...