10 Give a Little, Take a Little

C Glide

That's a good thought Tom, I'll look around known filming locations but as 

Charlie says, there are no insignificant Vice locations.

• Like 1

That's a good thought Tom, I'll look around known filming locations but as 

Charlie says, there are no insignificant Vice locations.

I agree this is nice location - and still undiscovered 

• 10 months later...

During the opening montage, we have a clip of a bum on a bench.

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp01e7cb2c.p

I just noticed that there is a number on the door above his head.  It looks like 3935 or 3929 or something.  Given that they filmed some of this montage at 3900 block of Biscayne Blvd, I checked it out on Google Street View and the stones look like a perfect match!   There is also a bus stop with a bench in front of these stores.

Give_Little3.png

On historicaerials.com you can see that this same building was there in the 1980s.  Storefronts are frequently altered in Miami, so it's not really a big deal that the rest of it doesn't match up.

Edited by airtommy

On 2/20/2016 at 6:19 AM, airtommy said:

I just noticed that there is a number on the door above his head.  It looks like 3935 or 3929 or something.  Given that they filmed some of this montage at 3900 block of Biscayne Blvd, I checked it out on Google Street View and the stones look like a perfect match!   There is also a bus stop with a bench in front of these stores.

Give_Little3.png

On historicaerials.com you can see that this same building was there in the 1980s.  Storefronts are frequently altered in Miami, so it's not really a big deal that the rest of it doesn't match up.

Very good find ! and very near some of the other teaser locations - I always thought this was an LA location !!

So great work!

:)

13 minutes ago, TheGreatMcCarthy said:

It's definitely a Miami location. TRIAS florists were a local business here. I've seen those all over the place in the 80s.

Oh, wow!  Great piece of info!  I never knew what that "T--as" word was.  I just saw FTD, which is a national company.   

http://www.triasflowers.com/

Edited by airtommy

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

Oh, wow!  Great piece of info!  I never knew what that "T--as" word was.  I just saw FTD, which is a national company.   

http://www.triasflowers.com/

Great find - if I remember rightly they shot other parts of the teaser from 3500-3900 Biscayne Bvld :D

• 1 month later...

These pictures remind me of DanJ as he was with me the day I took these pictures, sharing the experience. I would not mind seeing his pictures from that day here.

6 hours ago, C Glide said:

These pictures remind me of DanJ as he was with me the day I took these pictures, sharing the experience. I would not mind seeing his pictures from that day here.

Yes great pics and location !

OK, now I get it.  The Attanasio Fisheries building seen in "Give a Little" is the same building we are talking about as "Miami Raw Bar".

I remember RB telling us that "M. Attanasio Fisheries" was named after crew member Michael Attanasio (like Carl Ritz and Lynette Bernay in other episodes).

• Like 3

On 3/27/2016 at 10:57 AM, airtommy said:

OK, now I get it.  The Attanasio Fisheries building seen in "Give a Little" is the same building we are talking about as "Miami Raw Bar".

Man that would be another great find.  The location seems close but are you sure? The "Attanasio" building looks different than the Raw Bar seen below in Trust Fund Pirates.  Also the Attanasio was a wreck when Trust Fund Pirates was filmed in Mar 86 (but the Raw Bar shot could be older stock footage).

wp0_wp0_wp0_wpa9c79514.png

Edited by miamijimf

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Man that would be another great find.  The location seems close but are you sure? The "Attanasio" building looks different than the Raw Bar seen below in Trust Fund Pirates.  Also the Attanasio was a wreck when Trust Fund Pirates was filmed in Mar 86 (but the Raw Bar shot could be older stock footage).

CGlide found this location, I was just commenting on it, but I think it's right.  If you look at historicaerials.com, this is the only spot with a building right next to a drawbridge.  The Attanasio building does not look like a wreck in "Give a Little", which is only about 15 months before "Trust Fund Pirates". 

Edited by airtommy

• 9 months later...
On 2/20/2016 at 1:19 AM, airtommy said:

Give_Little3.png

I plan to visit this location next week just outside Downtown Miami:D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I plan to visit this location next week just outside Downtown Miami:D

Excellent!  I'm looking forward to the pictures.

• 1 month later...
On September 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Matt5 said:

Interesting when C&T meet Noogy at night - there are a group of males what looks like they are playing dominos - could this have been filmed at the rear of the small park ( Maximo Gomez ) featured in "Golden Triangle" on SW8th St in Little Havana. Doesnt quite match up Today  

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/860+SW+15th+Ave,+Miami,+FL+33135,+USA/@25.7652251,-80.219481,3a,75y,359.07h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjDvNoE42O_r4nf6vfPz3Og!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x88d9b6f0c845cad3:0x64efa3f3d7a514c1!6m1!1e1

I just had a thought:  it's possible this was filmed around Espanola Way.  From Espanola, if you go south on Drexel it dead-ends very quickly and that area seems similar to this scene.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, airtommy said:

I just had a thought:  it's possible this was filmed around Espanola Way.  From Espanola, if you go south on Drexel it dead-ends very quickly and that area seems similar to this scene.

Looks possible i will check out :done::fireworks:

Two times we have a scene at Ramirez's house on Hibiscus Island which is preceded by a setup shot of a completely different house.  Both setup shots are video, not still shots (you can see trees blowing in the breeze).  I've looked all around the Biscayne Bay islands but can't find them.

First at 28:46 ---

Give_Little1.png

Then at 46:15 ---

Give_Little2.png

Edited by airtommy

• 2 months later...

So there I am eating dinner with the TV on as background noise when to my shock I suddenly see Ramirez' house:

Give_Little2.png

I was watching "Six Million Dollar Man" (episode 5.3  "Deadly Countdown").  Their shots of the house were better than the one on MV, showing the open water and the background.  The episode involved space travel and it looked like they really were at a space station.  Internet searches confirmed this episode was filmed at Cape Canaveral.  There are various vague claims that the house was in Cocoa Beach.  I scanned around and found it.  It's at 82 Country Club Road.  Comparing then MV shot above and the recent satellite pics below, you can see that the balcony on the left has been enclosed and on the right they added a second story as well as a new balcony.

trivia3.jpg

trivia4.jpg

The house next door (84 Country Club Rd) is almost identical, clearly designed by the same architect.  Here are some good photos of that house:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/84-Country-Club-Rd_Cocoa-Beach_FL_32931_M51910-57419

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, airtommy said:

So there I am eating dinner with the TV on as background noise when to my shock I suddenly see Ramirez' house:

Give_Little2.png

I was watching "Six Million Dollar Man" (episode 5.3  "Deadly Countdown").  Their shots of the house were better than the one on MV, showing the open water and the background.  The episode involved space travel and it looked like they really were at a space station.  Internet searches confirmed this episode was filmed at Cape Canaveral.  There are various vague claims that the house was in Cocoa Beach.  I scanned around and found it.  It's at 82 Country Club Road.  Since MV filmed the house, they enclosed the balcony on the left and added a new balcony on the right.

trivia3.jpg

trivia4.jpg

The house next door #84 is almost identical, clearly designed by the same architect.  Here are some good photos of that house:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/84-Country-Club-Rd_Cocoa-Beach_FL_32931_M51910-57419

Good work - so MV just shot exteriors as that must be the most far north Florida location see on the show ! 

Filmed in the 3900 block of Biscayne Bvld in Miami - this building was behind the old bum on the bench which we saw recycled in other episodes. Taken on my recent  vacation in Florida - the bus stop is still located in the same area it was in 1984:hippie:

IMG_9685.JPG

IMG_3621.PNG

IMG_3622.PNG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2