10 Give a Little, Take a Little

C Glide

• 1 year later...

Near the end C&T meet Noogie and Trick Baby at night, a location we haven't yet found.  There seems to have been a deleted scene where C&T meet Noogie during the day: 

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/840-more-deleted-scenes-from-vice-photos/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-36310

It's conceivable that these shots from the deleted scene might be from the same area and help us locate it.

NUP_133710_0004.jpg

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

Looks possible I’d say the chairs match as we see in “Golden Triangle” / “ Junk Love” and the railings in the background?

8958E1B8-F475-41FF-B9D7-8D9FD2FCF151.png

D2231485-B4FB-4471-A9BC-A3CAAB9D4B25.png

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Good eye, ya it's a possibility.  Those were pretty common outdoor lounge chairs, we has several in our back yard.  But the color matches - white.

I just watched the Score and Junk Love scenes and the chairs are close but not the same.  The armrests are different. Also, I don't see such a large number of short palm trees there at historicaerials.com .

• Like 2

My location nose feel said even before Airtommy compared the scenes on DVD that the deleted scene was NOT up Turnberry but rather a Miami Beach Hotel. BTW: There is a bridge in the right background whose guide rail is completely different than at Turnberry.

Also there were no other locations nearby in Give a little to back this theory under location logistics perspective.

I would go back to GAL, TAL and scan near the locations in South Beach we already know. They for sure did not do huge travel for one (likely short) Noogie comedy scene where the background location is exchangeable anyway if you just film 3 folks at a pool table.

On 9/21/2014 at 10:48 AM, Matt5 said:

Interesting when C&T meet Noogy at night - there are a group of males what looks like they are playing dominos - could this have been filmed at the rear of the small park ( Maximo Gomez ) featured in "Golden Triangle" on SW8th St in Little Havana. Doesn't quite match up

On 9/21/2014 at 1:53 PM, miamijimf said:

Matt I just looked at the scene, adjusted brightness etc.  That's a good guess, there is an open courtyard type place with a street on the other side.  But it looks like a bar on the extreme left of the courtyard that they didn't have in Maximo Gomez.  Don't know if it's possible to know what the back of the place looked like back then.  As you know they played, and still play dominos in a lot of places especially in Little Havana.  Interesting seascape type mural at the beginning of the scene that makes me think of Calle Ocho or Little Dominica.  

I just re-watched this scene and I'm dismissing my idea that it was near the deleted scene.

Important note:  Trick Baby also appeared in a scene inside the nightclub, which was filmed at 3600 SW 8th St in Little Havana.  This supports your idea that the C+T+Noogie+Trick Baby meeting was filmed in Little Havana.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I just re-watched this scene and I'm dismissing my idea that it was near the deleted scene.

Important note:  Trick Baby also appeared in a scene inside the nightclub, which was filmed at 3600 SW 8th St in Little Havana.  This supports your idea that the C+T+Noogie+Trick Baby meeting was filmed in Little Havana.

I’ve spent a little time around this area over the years and it seems to look like it could be filmed behind Maximo Gomez Park (domino park) but couldn’t match up the buildings. The purple circle is one area i thought where the Daytona drives up coming from SW 15th Ave behind the Park (or the Expanded pink area). 

49FCC293-4ED7-4776-9907-A88A31691281.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

That seems like a logical place for that scene but here is what I posted four years ago: "Matt I just looked at the scene, adjusted brightness etc.  That's a good guess, there is an open courtyard type place with a street on the other side.  But it looks like a bar on the extreme left of the courtyard that they didn't have in Maximo Gomez.  Don't know if it's possible to know what the back of the place looked like back then.  As you know they played, and still play dominos in a lot of places especially in Little Havana.  Interesting seascape type mural at the beginning of the scene that makes me think of Calle Ocho or Little Dominica. "  Probably someplace else in Little Havana.

Edited by miamijimf

• 3 months later...

“Give a Little, Take a Little” teaser 1984 and 2018. An interesting location this is the exact spot where we see C&T walk past the stairwell and past this building over to the other side as we get a rare view of the buildings over off Drexel Avenue.:xmas:

70C2DE29-42D0-4786-80B2-FE0A3FFAE77F.jpeg

3F9FBABE-1C7B-48D6-86C0-00D23DA3A202.jpeg

3CD8124F-0ABE-409D-986C-AE002DC698F5.jpeg

40D51030-BCD5-4568-986F-2E6A2E5A3F1D.jpeg

Am 21.9.2018 um 02:20 schrieb miamijimf:

That seems like a logical place for that scene but here is what I posted four years ago: "Matt I just looked at the scene, adjusted brightness etc.  That's a good guess, there is an open courtyard type place with a street on the other side.  But it looks like a bar on the extreme left of the courtyard that they didn't have in Maximo Gomez.  Don't know if it's possible to know what the back of the place looked like back then.  As you know they played, and still play dominos in a lot of places especially in Little Havana.  Interesting seascape type mural at the beginning of the scene that makes me think of Calle Ocho or Little Dominica. "  Probably someplace else in Little Havana.

They never travelled far from other locations for such small scenes. I still have hope that we‘ll find it!

202 N. Biscayne Bvld , from the teaser of this episode. So this on the corner of Biscayne and SE2nd Street? And we are looking up SE 2nd Street here?.:xmas:

F8859410-D497-4E4B-9061-556CAF9E8E95.jpeg

23 hours ago, Matt5 said:

202 N. Biscayne Bvld , from the teaser of this episode. So this on the corner of Biscayne and SE2nd Street? And we are looking up SE 2nd Street here?.:xmas:

F8859410-D497-4E4B-9061-556CAF9E8E95.jpeg

@airtommy @miamijimf @Tom

This is right isn’t it the camera is on Biscayne looking up SE2nd Street, at 202 N.Biscayne as the Wachovia building is on SE2nd Street and I recall that around this area roads were changed around at one point.

22 hours ago, airtommy said:

correct, camera is on Biscayne Blvd looking west on SE 2nd St

Great - thought so Thankyou airtommy, this location was seen in a number of teasers I think “Glades” and Season 5s “Too Much Too Late”.:cheers: 

Here is the 2018 view the only left from the 1984 scene - the fire hydrant! :)

47ED6FF0-CC28-4292-9081-4CE1174D3567.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

An early days shot of the East Coast Fisheries building seen in this fall 1984 episode. 

Photo credit - Dr. Alvin Lederer, Curator at Florida History.

7ACAD24C-F453-4EC9-BB4C-98B487B8660B.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:40 AM, airtommy said:

Near the end C&T meet Noogie and Trick Baby at night, a location we haven't yet found.  There seems to have been a deleted scene where C&T meet Noogie during the day: 

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/840-more-deleted-scenes-from-vice-photos/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-36310

It's conceivable that these shots from the deleted scene might be from the same area and help us locate it.

NUP_133710_0004.jpg

Apparently the Fontainebleau grounds.

A85693ED-14FF-40FC-B5AA-89F96B29E54D.jpeg

B9B337E6-99F1-4F34-AD80-848960A2F733.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

LOCATION BOB RICKERT´s HOME FOUND

@C Glides website says studio, but we clearly see a real residential background in this (badly acted) kitchen scene.

No mystery here to say that this was not studio (only the establishing shot of the home was stock footage from somewhere else) and as there are no other residential locations in this episode it was easy to pinpoint this down to the re-use of Alverado´s home at 1360 North View Drive on Sunset Island, where the car chase started after Alvarado shot at C&T at his garage.

I checked the background and found a match with the neighbor property across the canal, 1350 North View Drive/W29 Street. The distance matches as are the windows and the second story we see behind Bob Rickert in the close-up as the background house has a much higher 2-story building structure behind it. In the second kitchen frame we see a different angle when Rickert jumps up from sitting  but it also matches with the same house in the background, only that the second story structure is not visible in this angle anymore which matches reality. The high trees we see in the background around or behind the background house also match with the 1986 aerial which shows the same house in late 1984 as we see now.

And, last but not least, the Alvarado house has a fitting kitchen window exactly at the right place with the same house/roof corner we see in the kitchen scene outside.

Bottom line: another mystery solved by too many coincidences and a smart re--use of locations.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 17.08.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 16.49.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 16.47.50.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 16.33.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 16.55.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-02 um 17.11.13.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-04 um 01.54.31.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

@C Glide

The 28:46 scene is filmed at Ramirez's house on Hibiscus Island, but the setup shot is a completely different house:

Give-Little1.png

This house is  514 Palisades Beach Road in Santa Monica, California.  It was built in 1938 by the Modernist architects Richard Neutra and Peter Pfisterer for the film producer Albert Lewin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Lewin_House

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/b9/90/b7b9903c43fa7a1afb709ffedac4d1e2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

@C Glide

The 28:46 scene is filmed at Ramirez's house on Hibiscus Island, but the setup shot is a completely different house:

Give-Little1.png

This house is  514 Palisades Beach Road in Santa Monica, California.  It was built in 1938 by the Modernist architects Richard Neutra and Peter Pfisterer for the film producer Albert Lewin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Lewin_House

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/b9/90/b7b9903c43fa7a1afb709ffedac4d1e2.png

WTH??? How did you find that? Don´t tell me by coincidence!:clap:?(

On 4/15/2021 at 12:28 PM, Tom said:

WTH??? How did you find that? Don´t tell me by coincidence!:clap:?(

Tineye.com reverse image search led me to this clip, which shows the house is beachfront and has a cliff behind it.  From that, not too hard to scan Los Angeles and find it.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/story-house-matching-84672-84676-84677-stock-video-footage/1210591524

Edited by airtommy