39 Stinger for sale...says its THE BOAT FROM MV!

Sonny-Crockett

Not sure, the thing that gets me about it is that theres no mention of any leasing paperwork to universal in 83/84 which there would have been with this or one like it to prove it was the geniune article and the other stinger they used in the pilot, althought that might have been just a rental.it was mentioned I think here on the site that the reason why they went with the scarab for S2 is because chris craft was putting pressure on them to buy it and scarab offered to let them use one of theres for free so they went with them instead.

the upholstry is all wrong, the boats interor is also not what it should be,Nice try on passing off another "ORIGINAL"

I couldn't imagine NOT having such critical paperwork as a lease to Universal Studios, or M. Mann Productions or such on an article like this. The provenance value of the lease document is everything...without it, still a nice boat, but full documentation would most likely command more $$, especially to any collector or serious auction house.At least it isn't claiming to be 'the original' General Lee....(enter Dixie Horn tone here...)

People constantly ask if my boat was the one used on the show. I gladly say no with honesty...I explain that they were low production numbers etc and yes ... it is rare , but not the one used on the show.I still get offers to sell it, but I never will.Some guys just think if you lable something ,then the price doubles

• Administrators

If I had a dollar for every car or boat that claimed to be the original used on the show I'd be rich ten times over!