Rock and a Hard place

Tom

When watching "Rock and a hard place" the other day (for the 100th time I suppose), but this time for finding unknown locations, it struck me: the location at the end where Caitlin is nearly shot by the photographer and his model and Crockett arrests Freemont&Wiggins is the same house as Escalante´s at the end of "Over the line" during the Fixx song (I counterchecked with this ep of course to be sure)! I don´t get why I never noticed before:the same stone wall with arches and iron gates the same white/black tiled floorthe same garden including the access road and the bushes around.In this ep, Wiggins says the photo shooting is 2641 Wexford Road in Coral Gables (again a dirty lie to misguide us :evil:), but in fact this house is3952 Douglas Road in Coconut Grove.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The "LA" Hotel Pool scenes and subsequent scene where Sonny is stopped in his rental car at the front of his hotel by the two thugs is The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Coral Gables at 50 Alhambra Plaza , Coral Gables.:DThis was the first time the series shot there and I wouldnt be suprised if the hotel suite was here too. This hotel was only a few blocks from The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables at Aragon Ave where they shot a lot of "The Lost Madonna" in Season 5.http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1SVEE_enGB441GB441&biw=546&bih=266&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=SBT3TWVqbfO2wM:&imgrefurl=http://www.hotel.info/en/hyatt-regency-coral-gables/hotel-54018/&imgurl=http://images.pegs.com/imageRepo/1/0/31/122/857/HY09964_Exterior_2.jpg&w=560&h=374&ei=IUQ7UNziDKar0QW3vICwDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=240&vpy=-19&dur=889&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=166&ty=97&sig=117388746686015371008&page=2&tbnh=104&tbnw=141&start=10&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:10,i:108Pool area ( the unique curving at the end is what I searched for and matched up to the unique b/g buildings of the hotel )http://www.oyster.com/miami/hotels/hyatt-regency-coral-gables/photos/outdoor-heated-lap-pool-hyatt-regency-coral-gables-v196140/#

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Visited the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables and saw the principle 5 locations from the hotel used as the "La " hotel for that episode -1. Hotel forecourt2. Lobby area3. Pool terrace4. 14th floor5. Conference room. This is a very high end hotel in Coral Gables with beautiful locations.The Miracle playhouse was also featured briefly during the "Dirty Laundry " montage - which is on Miracle Mile, Coral Gables when the sleazy journalist was on the phone .http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Miracle_Theater_in_Coral_Gables_20100403.jpg at Miracle Man and Salzedo St. The Miracle is currently being renovated after falling into disrepair and doesnt look like the picture Im afraid.:D
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Miracle_Theater_in_Coral_Gables_20100403.jpg at Miracle Man and Salzedo St. The Miracle is currently being renovated after falling into disrepair and doesnt look like the picture Im afraid.:D

Hyatt Regency - Coral Gables ( "La" Hotel ) where Crockett was stopped by Freemont & Wiggins:D[ATTACH=CONFIG]7661[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965358754_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

;)
Great photos' date=' Matt ! :D[/quote']Thankyou Pink Flaming0 - I plan to post a few more - and will continue to post them under the episode the pic came from to give us a good resource here that way SoflaJeremy( aka cglide ) may wish to incorporate some into his MV location site. I used SoflaJeremy's MV site a lot over there to get exact shots it was really helpful .:D:D

That is great. I love when people use my site to put them into the real life locations and into Viceland. Awesome that I could help and share in your fun. Would love to see others post their pictures as well.

I just published this episode on my web site including a few re-creation shots from matt5. :thumbsup:

Thankyou . Im so pleased to contribute .:D

The location unknown ( only one ) you have during the La montage in the teaser is Venice Beach area near Santa Monica Ocean Front Walk - spent a lot of time there :D

Sonny's house here is different to the house Caitlin and Sonny viewed in "The Rising Sun of Death " :D

Agreed, two locations to track down.

The location unknown ( only one ) you have during the La montage in the teaser is Venice Beach area near Santa Monica Ocean Front Walk - spent a lot of time there :D

Cool Beans, thanks.

Here it is Ocean Front Walk - Santa Monica from my pictures - :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]7726[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965449545_thumb.jpg

LA shot from Harbor FreewayEstablishing shot recreated in 2008 (LA from Harbor Freeway ) seen when Crockett returns to LA - of course the interiors were shot extensively at the exclusive Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables . :D

post-122-13892965453293_thumb.jpg

Not the building - but the building not yet found when Sonny slams the door of the limo and its in the b/g ( also seen as The Consulate in "Rites of Passage ) saw this when scanning Biscayne Bvld around 4400 area.:DSimilar design and colors but doesnt match unfortunately - its the nearest match Ive seen for that building yet with its distinctive color scheme.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=4400+biscayne+bvld+miami&hl=en&ll=25.817299,-80.188104&spn=0.001427,0.001725&sll=25.816761,-80.188958&layer=c&cbp=13,285.56,,1,-4.84&cbll=25.817403,-80.188073&hnear=4400+Biscayne+Blvd,+Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida+33137,+United+States&t=m&z=19&panoid=88wX-Pyyrdrls4MulT3Qag

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=4400+biscayne+bvld+miami&hl=en&ll=25.817299' date='-80.188104&spn=0.001427,0.001725&sll=25.816761,-80.188958&layer=c&cbp=13,285.56,,1,-4.84&cbll=25.817403,-80.188073&hnear=4400+Biscayne+Blvd,+Miami,+Miami-Dade,+Florida+33137,+United+States&t=m&z=19&panoid=88wX-Pyyrdrls4MulT3Qag[/url']

Nice try, when all else fails, look close to the studio. Would love to find this location being used in two episodes.

Establishing shot recreated in 2008 (LA from Harbor Freeway ) seen when Crockett returns to LA - of course the interiors were shot extensively at the exclusive Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables . :D

Great pics.

Nice try' date=' when all else fails, look close to the studio. Would love to find this location being used in two episodes.[/quote']It sure has some characteristics of the building we are looking for - but alas not it .:D

• 1 year later...

Some good establishing LA locations in this episode - most of the episode centres around the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables . The restaurant where Sonny hits the photographer as he and Caitlin enter out of the limo reminds me of Miracle Mile in Coral Gables although I cant see a match .  :D

In "Love at First Sight " and this episode they show stock footage of Hal's bar( La stock footage )  is this the same one located in Venice, Ca

1349 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291?!?

:D

• 6 months later...