Rock and a Hard place

Tom

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I see you didn't heed the Warning about nude bathers!  ;) :D:o

Ha ha Tony ! This pic is from the 1950s well before my time on this earth !:D:fireworks:

• Like 1

The Capitol Records building in Hollywood from Hollywood Bvld / Vine Street seen in the teaser of this episode ( from a 2015 trip to LA)

The Hollywood and Vine station sign was also shown as well as some Hollywood stars on Vine Street in the teaser as well  :D:fireworks:

IMG_1355.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Working on updating this episode on my location site in reference to the 3952 Main Highway location and it's connection to Over The Line. While doing so I took time to try and track down a location that was unknown. The Café where Crockett gets punchy. Starting with the white line on the roadway indicating angled parking, I knew that greatly narrowed down the possibilities. Then the unique appearance of the sidewalk with concrete path edged with a wide swath of square brick convinced me it was one of two roads in Coral Gables. Using GE street view I was able to find the location. The big identifier was the stores seen in the bg behind Crockett as he gets out of the car. Location of café, 317 Miracle Mile. Page updated, Cheers.

wpd260bdd7_05.jpgwpb96f7583.png

• Like 5

Great find! Miracle Mile was also used in another scene with Jerry on the phone. I assume the still unknown location with the consulate in Rites of Passage is nearby. There is a reflection in a car window while the geeky PR guy is talking to Caitlin in the car that indicates that the unique color pattern of the consulate was close to the car. Let's find this location!

Yes! Last night I took a look at both Rites of Passage and Rock and A Hard Place comparing the filming locations on the off idea that maybe one of the areas they both used would indicate a likely nearby location of convenience. Nothing turned up so I scanned around the studio area. No luck. Bothersome that such a unique building was used in two eps and we can't find it.

12 hours ago, C Glide said:

Working on updating this episode on my location site in reference to the 3952 Main Highway location and it's connection to Over The Line. While doing so I took time to try and track down a location that was unknown. The Café where Crockett gets punchy. Starting with the white line on the roadway indicating angled parking, I knew that greatly narrowed down the possibilities. Then the unique appearance of the sidewalk with concrete path edged with a wide swath of square brick convinced me it was one of two roads in Coral Gables. Using GE street view I was able to find the location. The big identifier was the stores seen in the bg behind Crockett as he gets out of the car. Location of café, 317 Miracle Mile. Page updated, Cheers.

Just fantastic I was in Coral Gables recently and it looked like the right area. So I presume the first shot we see of the limo is also on Miracle ?!

12 hours ago, C Glide said:

Just great work Jeremy !

Great to see you actively working on locations Charlie.  Just a few more episodes to go in the series.  I'm still working on documenting your findings while giving you credit in my book.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

I believe the driving scene was at the east end of the district on Miracle Mile but the building may have changed so I have not yet been able to confirm this. Definitely in dt Coral Gables per the sidewalks. Still looking.

The east end I refer to is Miracle Mile with S Douglas road in the near bg. So the furthest building in the bg would be the sears in the mall. Limo going thru the 40 blk of Miracle Mile westbound. Trees, crosswalk, parking, etc. all match up but the buildings are different fronts so I have not been able to confirm. Low white wall is one still there going around mall.

Edited by C Glide

2 minutes ago, C Glide said:

The east end I refer to is Miracle Mile with S Douglas road in the near bg. So the furthest building in the bg would be the sears in the mall. Limo going thru the 40 blk of Miracle Mile westbound. Trees, crosswalk, parking, etc. all match up but the buildings are different fronts so I have not been able to confirm. Low white wall is one still there going around mall.

Great work Jeremy - I will also check :D

vor 4 Stunden schrieb C Glide:

Yes! Last night I took a look at both Rites of Passage and Rock and A Hard Place comparing the filming locations on the off idea that maybe one of the areas they both used would indicate a likely nearby location of convenience. Nothing turned up so I scanned around the studio area. No luck. Bothersome that such a unique building was used in two eps and we can't find it.

Rock and a Hard place definitely filmed at the consulate as indicated by the window reflection in one scene. I bet that they did not travel far just to film this scene which could have been shot elsewhere as well. The consulate is most likely either near Miracle Mile or near other RAAHP locations.

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Great to see you actively working on locations Charlie.  Just a few more episodes to go in the series.  I'm still working on documenting your findings while giving you credit in my book.

Great Jim !

Looking at 1986 sat pic. on historic aerials the stop line for the cross walk matches nicely and the building was different except the first one. Looks good but not enough to be 100%.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Rock and a Hard place definitely filmed at the consulate as indicated by the window reflection in one scene. I bet that they did not travel far just to film this scene which could have been shot elsewhere as well. The consulate is most likely either near Miracle Mile or near other RAAHP locations.

Not necessarily Tom - "Rock and a Hard Place" shot all over Miami fact - the party scene at Dezerland Resort way up in Surfside and the "LA" walk scene was filmed further north still up at Haulover Park - even JJs in South Miami was featured very briefly. Maybe the Consulate was near the studio as mentioned previously ?!- such a distinctive building. And remember we saw this building in Season 1s "Milk Run" which again shot all over Miami but not in Coral Gables.

Edited by Matt5

4 minutes ago, C Glide said:

Looking at 1986 sat pic. on historic aerials the stop line for the cross walk matches nicely and the building was different except the first one. Looks good but not enough to be 100%.

Must be it ?! - if the small white wall is still there:D

Edited by Matt5

317 Miracle Mile , Coral Gables 

This building front looks the same ( centre picture) as the windows look like they have been painted black ( same frames ) :done:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.749498,-80.2610779,3a,37.5y,331.39h,89.49t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIjZSNsv-Fi2zgWjr4SwWYA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

IMG_3536.JPG

Edited by Matt5