#11 Little Prince

C Glide

I am enjoying working my way through all the Vice locations you have completed so far on your site, and the BN ones too. Excellent work!!Sue

I am enjoying working my way through all the Vice locations you have completed so far on your site' date=' and the BN ones too. Excellent work!!Sue[/quote'] Thanks alot. I really appreciate the input and I am glad you like it so far. I will be working on Milk Run this weekend and I am working on Burn Notice's Bad Break right now, which I photographed as it was being made.

• 3 years later...

Directed by Stan Lathan who directed only one episode of the show - he went on to direct episodes in the 80s for "Hill Street Blues" but then worked to directing comedy shows such as "The Garry Shandling Show" and continues Today.Would love to find that shot of the Daytona rushing to Trudy and Gina looked like filmed around Collins Avenue from the teaser. Again Collins /20-21 st in Miami Beach is featured heavily in the teaser.The scene in an alley later between C&T with Noogy looked like it could have been filmed behing Domino Park at Sw8th St /Sw 15th Ave in Little Havana but unconfirmed. There is a large art feature wall behind them and in the background also men sat playing what looks like dominos http://binged.it/16cEzivGreat to see that area in Downtown( classed as Overtown ) of 700 NW 1st Av/ N Miami Ave where the rescue mission - I visited this area recently and the rail tracks and elevated metrorail is still there .http://binged.it/16cEnQu:thumbsup::D:)

• 3 weeks later...

Ocb exit ( seen only times in series ) filmed in a different location SW 3rd Ave/ S5th St by Jose Marti Park [ATTACH=CONFIG]8207[/ATTACH]:thumbsup::done::D

post-122-13892965748723_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Found: A big little location. Being from season 1 I have wondered about this site for years. Now I am amusingly annoyed that it was used in the 1981 movie Absence of Malice and we can see (now that I know to look for it) the Evan garage in the background but did not recognize it. Without further delay, the site that had eluded me for over a decade, the corner café where they spot Royco and start the chase. Located on the SE corner of the intersection of W Flagler and W 12th Ave. A long way from South Beach.

wpbd707ef4_05.jpgNote store across street has three steps up along the whole store front. Rare in Miami.wpdaf28510.png

They round the corner and if you look closely you can see the Evan garage.

wp9c707ae8_05.jpgwpae766a17.png

wpd68dab62.png as seen in Absence of Malicewp80d313a1.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, C Glide said:

Found: A big little location. Being from season 1 I have wondered about this site for years. Now I am amusingly annoyed that it was used in the 1981 movie Absence of Malice and we can see (now that I know to look for it) the Evan garage in the background but did not recognize it. Without further delay, the site that had eluded me for over a decade, the corner café where they spot Royco and start the chase. Located on the SE corner of the intersection of W Flagler and W 12th Ave. A long way from South Beach.

wpbd707ef4_05.jpgNote store across street has three steps up along the whole store front. Rare in Miami.wpdaf28510.png

They round the corner and if you look closely you can see the Evan garage.

wp9c707ae8_05.jpgwpae766a17.png

wpd68dab62.png as seen in Absence of Malicewp80d313a1.png

A great location found - makes me think The Fat Boys and C&T "make it disappear" scene from the teaser of Season 2s Florence Italy must be in downtown also quite close even

Is it just me and my old eyes or is this site much cleaner and clearer, especially the quality of the pictures, look super clear now.

Great find!  I was going to walk around South Beach and downtown Miami with screen caps in hand looking for this location.  My knees thank you for saving me all those steps in the wrong area.  :)

I am adding "Absence of Malice" to my must-see list.  I notice Bob Balaban (Ira Stone) plays a role.

6 hours ago, C Glide said:

Is it just me and my old eyes or is this site much cleaner and clearer, especially the quality of the pictures, look super clear now.

The quality has been good since they changed to this format.  Thanks James and guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airtommy said:

Great find!  I was going to walk around South Beach and downtown Miami with screen caps in hand looking for this location.  My knees thank you for saving me all those steps in the wrong area.  :)

I am adding "Absence of Malice" to my must-see list.  I notice Bob Balaban (Ira Stone) plays a role.

A surprisingly good movie with lots of great locations.

• 7 months later...

Is it still there? I couldn't pick it out from the causeway this past May. I could have just been overlooking it. 

Edited by Dadrian

Gone for over two years now and replaced by an ugly mansion.  Local residents, the community, and the MDPL tried to save it but lost out to "celebrity" millionaires.  I suspect payoffs to city officials.

This pic was taken February 2014 - in the last year the property was  standing ! Makes my pictures a little more special ?! Ha ha :D

But seriously what a shame it's gone - it certainly wasn't occupied in Feb 14

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Dadrian - Part of the problem is that no one stepped up to buy the very expensive property when it was vacant.  Plus it needed major restoration but the city or the state could have bought it for use as a museum or public use of some kind.  Vizcaya and the Deering Estate are owned by the public and are popular attractions for tourists and locals.  42 Star Island Dr. was smaller but equally historic and charming.  IMO the greatest loss for the history/uniqueness/beauty of the Beach this century so far.  I think Miami and Miami Beach should change their city crests to a picture of a wrecking ball.

Matt - nice close up pic.

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

I think Miami and Miami Beach should change their city crests to a picture of a wrecking ball.

:):):):thumbsup:

10 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Dadrian - Part of the problem is that no one stepped up to buy the very expensive property when it was vacant.  Plus it needed major restoration but the city or the state could have bought it for use as a museum or public use of some kind.  Vizcaya and the Deering Estate are owned by the public and are popular attractions for tourists and locals.  42 Star Island Dr. was smaller but equally historic and charming.  IMO the greatest loss for the history/uniqueness/beauty of the Beach this century so far.  I think Miami and Miami Beach should change their city crests to a picture of a wrecking ball.

Matt - nice close up pic.

Thanks Jim - I know this building interested you back in 2014 when I said I was going to spend the afternoon on Star Island - I think Bee Gee Barry Gibb also has a property on Star Island?! I'll check.:D

Edited by Matt5

Bee Gee - Barry Gibb property North Bay Road / near 79th St , Miami Beach

from the back of his new release "In The Now":fireworks::D

71O92Lb51IL._SL1200__zpspzbcrksg.jpg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2