WARDROBE TRUCK ENTRANCE SIGN!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Im in awe of your fabulous collection' date='Coop! :thumbsup: I have this feeling that if I were to ever walk into your house,I would probably fall over,from too much vice....[/quote']Nah, I keep it subtle.Some stuff is in storage, and others are in the collection room.Hard to believe I still have more stuff to share! :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• 2morgen

• cageyJG

• vice-girl

I could imagine that Coop one days shows us the underwear the main actors had worn, or the towels they had used to dry themselves, or even the pillows where they had laid their tired heads on between the shots!With Coop, everything seems to be possible!

Just wonderingIs the sign magnetic or do you have to stick to the wall with adhesive tape or something like that?

Good question 2morgen.It's not magnetic, and I don't see any way to hang it, so I'm not sure how it was hung. It's more like cardboard.I'll take photos of the back to show you what it looks like later today.

Coop, it's alway fantastic! I can't believe what we can see again and again.Thank you so much for sharing! Every day is a good day when I can see a new one of your collections. :happy:

Coop' date=' it's alway fantastic! I can't believe what we can see again and again.Thank you so much for sharing! Every day is a good day when I can see a new one of your collections. :happy:[/quote']Thanks!I'm so happy that you like the collection!I also want to thank you, and the other members who always take the time to click onto my threads to see what other treasures I have to share. You never know what I may add.THANK YOU for the interest!-COOP

Im in awe of your fabulous collection' date='Coop! :thumbsup: I have this feeling that if I were to ever walk into your house,I would probably fall over,from too much vice....[/quote'] Women want to see my man cave, but I cringe. I'm fixing two radios in there and have all my military history replicas and etc. in there, and 80s stuff. Too risky man. I've heard that it can be endearing or something, but sigh, never mind.

Women want to see my man cave' date=' but I cringe. I'm fixing two radios in there and have all my military history replicas and etc. in there, and 80s stuff. Too risky man. I've heard that it can be endearing or something, but sigh, never mind.[/quote']You know I have a collection of WWII leather flight jackets and books, don't you cageyJG?

I remember trying to help out with your Top Gun jacket patches, so I remember at least one, but I didn't know you had other jackets and books. I remember in one thread you had some glass tabletop displays of other memorabilia. (Patches? Star Wars?) I have well, ah, a nice solid bookcase, display case and a big Castillo desk, and cigars, but the batallions of "fully poseable modern army figures" may be a problem. And their tanks, planes, etc.

I think I have about 40 or so LEATHER FLIGHT JACKETS, and books on the subject. I have a few Military patches and metals too, and several non leather Flight Jackets, but we're getting off the subject here.

Good question 2morgen.It's not magnetic' date=' and I don't see any way to hang it, so I'm not sure how it was hung. It's more like cardboard.I'll take photos of the back to show you what it looks like later today.[/quote']Here's a photo of the back of the sign.Eingefügtes Bild

Notice that some basic math, and stuff is written on the back. Who knows who, when, where, or why this was written there. ?(Eingefügtes Bild

mmm no signs or marks of anything to attach it to the wall or door.the mystery continues;)Or maybe it was with tape that didn't harm paper.Or with this some pink sort of bubble gum pieces ( I cann't remember the name of those things). You could also use them to put you poster on the wall. ?(

mmm no signs or marks of anything to attach it to the wall or door.the mystery continues;)Or maybe it was with tape that didn't harm paper.Or with this some pink sort of bubble gum pieces ( I cann't remember the name of those things). You could also use them to put you poster on the wall. ?(

I looked in harsh light very closely, but I don't see any signs of how it was hung up. ?(It was up there somehow. :)

I looked in harsh light very closely' date=' but I don't see any signs of how it was hung up. ?(It was up there somehow. :)[/quote'] Maybe it was vice magic.;)But I studied the pictures of the truck and maybe there was a kind of rail put on the top of the doorpost. And I do not know if it is the light or not on top of the board at the dark stripe on the truck it is lighter. Maybe there was a rail to. I do not know if rail is the right word I mean those thing you can put over the top and bottum of a poster to hang the poster on the wall.I am just as curious as you are about the math and the letters on the back.

Maybe it was vice magic.;)But I studied the pictures of the truck and maybe there was a kind of rail put on the top of the doorpost. And I do not know if it is the light or not on top of the board at the dark stripe on the truck it is lighter. Maybe there was a rail to. I do not know if rail is the right word I mean those thing you can put over the top and bottum of a poster to hang the poster on the wall.I am just as curious as you are about the math and the letters on the back.

I never thought of that.I think your right!After looking at the photos' date=' it does appear to be held at the botton by the aluminium door frame. It is where a few faint scuffs appear on the sign.Your guess seems to be a good one. Perhaps it just was wedged in there. You may be right. I'm not certain about the top area where the paint stripe is though. It may be just a decal to make the stripe look painted on.I'll bet your right![img']http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/VICESIGN5-1.jpg

It's amazing that you were able to get this very rare piece of MV memorabilia. You are amazing and Thank You for sharing:thumbsup:

It's amazing that you were able to get this very rare piece of MV memorabilia. You are amazing and Thank You for sharing:thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing, and allowing the use of your wonderful vintage photos.I'm going to need to borrow a few more of your photos for another item I have which I will share at a later date.Thanks again DJAngel. I bet you never dreamed that when you took that photo, you'd ever see that sign on a website!

would put it on the entrance' date='to my dressing room :rolleyes:[/quote']It's too rare to do that. It's better to preserve it for all time. :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing' date=' and allowing the use of your wonderful vintage photos.I'm going to need to borrow a few more of your photos for another item I have which I will share at a later date.Thanks again DJAngel. I bet you never dreamed that when you took that photo, you'd ever see that sign on a website![/quote']That was in 1987 and long before the Internet. This is great that we can share it all now, but I wish we could have had the Internet at the time MV was on TV.

That was in 1987 and long before the Internet. This is great that we can share it all now' date=' but I wish we could have had the Internet at the time MV was on TV.[/quote']Yeah, me too!I think it would have brought even more fans together, and it may have made the show even more popular.